Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steve Isham of Autograph passes away

Go down 
+6
Schbopo
nevermore
metalinmyveins
Leatherface
Sons-Of-Vengeance
manny
10 posters
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Steve Isham of Autograph passes away Empty
PostSubject: Steve Isham of Autograph passes away   Steve Isham of Autograph passes away Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 4:38 pm

I was not a fan but I believe a few people on this forum where Autograph fans.

Steve Isham, keyboardist for the pop metal band Autograph, passed away Tuesday night from cancer.

Bill Isham, Steve's Brother, said, "We've always been a very, very close family so it's a very difficult thing to have happen."

One of Isham's good friends and former bandmates, Kim Tweedy adds, "the world has lost a caring man. He's going to be sorely missed and the world's not as good a place as it used to be anymore with him gone."

Isham and Tweedy played in five bands together and kept in close contact through the years. Even when Steve came back to play gigs.

And they spent a lot of time on the road together.

Tweedy: "Steve and I every time we talked we always talked about the old times and all the great fun we had playing music together and rock n' roll in the early days."

After Autograph notched three gold records, the band broke up. But Steve continued with his music, recording and touring with Vince Neil of Mötley Crüe as well as composing commercial music.

Tweedy says, "[He was] very talented. He ate, slept and breathed music and he was bound and deteremined to become significant in the world of music and he did it."

Isham was 56.
Back to top Go down
Sons-Of-Vengeance
Metal novice
Metal novice
Sons-Of-Vengeance

Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: Steve Isham of Autograph passes away   Steve Isham of Autograph passes away Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 5:39 pm

I love Autograph. Sad news. I just went through my collection the other day and played a half days worth of their material.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Steve Isham of Autograph passes away   Steve Isham of Autograph passes away Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 11:17 pm

I have their debut. Hate to hear that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2

PostSubject: Re: Steve Isham of Autograph passes away   Steve Isham of Autograph passes away Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 3:18 am

Not a fan of the band, but it's sad how devestating cancer is. The US just performed its first FACE TRANSPLANT, the fourth suck operation in the world, but cancer? Meh. Who cares? Can't cure that; too much money to be made in cancer meds.

This world sucks my balls.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Steve Isham of Autograph passes away   Steve Isham of Autograph passes away Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 2:35 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Not a fan of the band, but it's sad how devestating cancer is. The US just performed its first FACE TRANSPLANT, the fourth suck operation in the world, but cancer? Meh. Who cares? Can't cure that; too much money to be made in cancer meds.

I agree EYESORE!!! I'm not a conspiracy theorist guy, but I'm one of those people who believe that's it not in the medical industries best interest to come up with a cure. There's more money to be made in people being used as lab rats for chemotherapy and radiation treatments. Those type of treatments should be archaic by now. I'm one that believes there is a certain truth as it pertains to the theory of thinning of the herd. America doesn't want a population explosion, and by people living longer that's exactly what one gets.

You keep hearing about all these advances in medicine, but we haven't eradicated a disease that was a big time killer since polio. C'mon America, it's put up or shut up. Let's make some real headway in coming up with a cure for something, whether it be cancer, AIDS, Parkinson's, Alzheimers, etc....
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Steve Isham of Autograph passes away   Steve Isham of Autograph passes away Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 6:18 pm

Sad news. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Steve Isham of Autograph passes away   Steve Isham of Autograph passes away Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 7:23 pm

Eyesore wrote:

For once we agree on something.

It's always the cool people, never the idiots that die! angry
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Steve Isham of Autograph passes away   Steve Isham of Autograph passes away Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 7:51 pm

This is sad news.

I like Autograph. I won both their first two albums on vinyl off the AOR radio station in Nashville back in the 80s.

PostSubject: Re: Steve Isham of Autograph passes away   Steve Isham of Autograph passes away Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 9:41 pm

Eyesore wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
HellRaiser
Metal student
Metal student
HellRaiser

Number of posts : 242

PostSubject: Re: Steve Isham of Autograph passes away   Steve Isham of Autograph passes away Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 11:35 am

That sucks - I honestly didn't know he was sick, so this is a surprise.

Autograph were one of the bands that first got me into the music I listen to nowadays.
Back to top Go down
YngwieDokkenfan
Metal student
Metal student
YngwieDokkenfan

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Steve Isham of Autograph passes away   Steve Isham of Autograph passes away Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 1:11 am

That sucks!! Too many amazing musicians die way too young.

I love this band, have all three of their albums. They were an amazing band!! Was just listening to "Sign in Please" yesterday, in fact, for the first time in a while.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Steve Isham of Autograph passes away   Steve Isham of Autograph passes away Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2022 3:59 am

I found this casual interview very interesting and fast.
Have yet to buy a release from Autograph. The top 3 releases.
Grunge, in 1989 caused the band to agree to break up.
Drummer Keni Richards also died. Shot by heroin cartel….
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steve Isham of Autograph passes away   Steve Isham of Autograph passes away Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steve Isham of Autograph passes away
Page 1 of 1