Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mahavishnu Orchestra, anyone?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Mahavishnu Orchestra, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Mahavishnu Orchestra, anyone?   Mahavishnu Orchestra, anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 5:32 pm

Just checking to see if anybody digs on them or not? I personally LOVE them; easily one of my top favorite bands, if not my favorite all-together.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mahavishnu Orchestra, anyone?   Mahavishnu Orchestra, anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 5:44 pm

Percipience wrote:
Just checking to see if anybody digs on them or not? I personally LOVE them; easily one of my top favorite bands, if not my favorite all-together.
the guys from the 70s? yeah, they were like a jazz fusion supergroup werent they?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mahavishnu Orchestra, anyone?   Mahavishnu Orchestra, anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 6:33 pm

Yes, they were a 70s jazz-fusion quintet. Very powerful stuff, although I wouldn't call them a supergroup because they didn't branch off from other successful bands. Emerson, Lake and Palmer, on the other hand, pass the kool-aid.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Mahavishnu Orchestra, anyone?   Mahavishnu Orchestra, anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 10:36 pm

Yep, John McLaughlin is a master guitarist.

His stuff with Shakti was pretty cool too.
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following

PostSubject: Re: Mahavishnu Orchestra, anyone?   Mahavishnu Orchestra, anyone? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2007 1:13 am

trogdawn wrote:
Yep, John McLaughlin is a master guitarist.

His stuff with Shakti was pretty cool too.

Damn straight man. Shakti is good stuff.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Mahavishnu Orchestra, anyone?   Mahavishnu Orchestra, anyone? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2007 4:08 pm

got only 1 disc and some John's solo stuff. it's hard to listen for me. very progresive. i like easy straight anthem rock.
KI SS FOREVER ! silent
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/

PostSubject: Re: Mahavishnu Orchestra, anyone?   Mahavishnu Orchestra, anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2007 3:23 pm

Give it time and see if it clicks later on down the road Smile. Although I am heavily into Progressive Rock, so I guess that's why I love it so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mahavishnu Orchestra, anyone?   Mahavishnu Orchestra, anyone? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mahavishnu Orchestra, anyone?
Page 1 of 1