Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Night Flight

Go down 
+2
thejokeriv
Neuropete
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

Night Flight Empty
PostSubject: Night Flight   Night Flight Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 2:07 pm

Does anyone here remember watching Night Flight on the USA network, fridays and saturdays. They used to have the coolest videos... rare stuff not shown on MTV. Also, they had live performances, artist profiles, and an assortment of odd films and strange little clips. It was cool as heck.
Back to top Go down

Night Flight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Night Flight   Night Flight Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 2:08 pm

Neuropete wrote:
Does anyone here remember watching Night Flight on the USA network, fridays and saturdays. They used to have the coolest videos... rare stuff not shown on MTV. Also, they had live performances, artist profiles, and an assortment of odd films and strange little clips. It was cool as heck.

Holy crap, I totally forgot about that. That memory was locked way back there. Yes I do remember watching that.

http://www.thescourge.com/nightflight2.html
Back to top Go down

Night Flight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Night Flight   Night Flight Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 2:11 pm

Night Flight was AWESOME! Living in WV with a cable company that had less than 20 channels...it was the only thing worth watching during that time. They played so many great videos and live concert clips.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Night Flight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Night Flight   Night Flight Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 2:18 pm

YEP!!!! I do remember night flight!!!! To bad they killed it and changed to up all night. I remember seening the KISS Unmasked show in Australla in 8th grade on night flight!!! I am glad I have a copy on the KISSOLOGY dvd's now!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

Night Flight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Night Flight   Night Flight Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 2:21 pm

Yea, I remember "Night Flight" too... the USA Network used to be pretty hip, between that show and the fondly remembered "Commander USA's Groovie Movies" b-movie program on Saturday/Sunday afternoons...

Here in NY/NJ we had a UHF music channel called "U-68" that was a cool alternative to MTV (at the time, the five boroughs of Manhattan were not wired for cable so U-68 attempted to fill the MTV void)... they had a nightly "Metal Power Hour" program (11 PM - 1 AM) that my brother and I watched religiously. I believe the shows were borrowed from Canada's MuchMusic network because I saw a lot of Canadian artists on that show (Voivod, Razor, Lee Aaron) that weren't getting any play in the US at all. And the show was hosted by Thor!!! It lasted about a year and a half, tops, and then one day my brother and I tuned in to watch the "Power Hour" and found that without warning, the channel had changed to a Home Shopping network. We were crushed. Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

Night Flight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Night Flight   Night Flight Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 2:26 pm

I used to watch NIGHT FLIGHT...and earlier in the 80's NIGHT TRACKS on the TBS station...from 11:35pm until like 5:35 a.m. it was nothing but music videos...metal mixed in but not alot of it.

But it was all I had...sigh.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Night Flight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Night Flight   Night Flight Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 2:52 pm

I used to love that show. Spent many a buzzed late night watching it when I was in college.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Night Flight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Night Flight   Night Flight Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 3:04 pm

Heck yeah I remember that.Pretty cool show.I liked their artist profiles.I still have a couple of episodes on VHS laying around somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Night Flight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Night Flight   Night Flight Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Night Flight
Page 1 of 1