Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What song do you like best on "Destiny" by Saxon ?

Go down 
+7
Short-Fuse
Gilbert
MoonChild
80s Metal Lady
brokentulsa
Witchfinder
James B.
11 posters

Ride Like The Wind
saxon destiny - What song do you like best on "Destiny" by Saxon ? Vote_lcap73%saxon destiny - What song do you like best on "Destiny" by Saxon ? Vote_rcap
 73% [ 8 ]
Where Lightning Strikes
saxon destiny - What song do you like best on "Destiny" by Saxon ? Vote_lcap9%saxon destiny - What song do you like best on "Destiny" by Saxon ? Vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
I Can't Wait Anymore
saxon destiny - What song do you like best on "Destiny" by Saxon ? Vote_lcap9%saxon destiny - What song do you like best on "Destiny" by Saxon ? Vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
Calm Before The Storm
saxon destiny - What song do you like best on "Destiny" by Saxon ? Vote_lcap0%saxon destiny - What song do you like best on "Destiny" by Saxon ? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
S.O.S
saxon destiny - What song do you like best on "Destiny" by Saxon ? Vote_lcap0%saxon destiny - What song do you like best on "Destiny" by Saxon ? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Song For Emma
 9% [ 1 ]
For Whom The Bell Tolls
 0% [ 0 ]
We Are Strong
 0% [ 0 ]
Jericho Siren
 0% [ 0 ]
Red Alert
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

saxon destiny - What song do you like best on "Destiny" by Saxon ? Empty
PostSubject: What song do you like best on "Destiny" by Saxon ?   saxon destiny - What song do you like best on "Destiny" by Saxon ? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 6:25 pm

Another album I never heard until getting a bunch of Saxon cd's from the amazing, fabulous, stupendous Johnny B from the Twin Cities a few years back.

At first listen, I was flabbergasted and barely made it through it. Now I can listen to it and appreciate some decent songwriting here and there.
Sure the songs are missing some balls and that Saxon crunch, but well written songs are well written songs regardless of style and production.

My vote goes for 'Song For Emma"

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: What song do you like best on "Destiny" by Saxon ?   saxon destiny - What song do you like best on "Destiny" by Saxon ? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 7:09 pm

I picked "Ride Like The Wind." I think it's a very good, and non-obvious cover for a metal band like Saxon.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: What song do you like best on "Destiny" by Saxon ?   saxon destiny - What song do you like best on "Destiny" by Saxon ? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 7:09 pm

Ride Like The Wind...
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: What song do you like best on "Destiny" by Saxon ?   saxon destiny - What song do you like best on "Destiny" by Saxon ? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 10:17 pm

I've been listening to this album a lot on Spotify in anticipation of this poll. The only song I knew beforehand was "Ride Like The Wind" (my favorite Christopher Cross song) and, to my disappointment, that ended up being my favorite. Lots of sappy songs on here that may have sounded good at the time but don't hold up well through the decades. "I Can't Wait Anymore" is nice and all, but it just goes on and on.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: What song do you like best on "Destiny" by Saxon ?   saxon destiny - What song do you like best on "Destiny" by Saxon ? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 10:22 pm

Ride Like The Wind.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: What song do you like best on "Destiny" by Saxon ?   saxon destiny - What song do you like best on "Destiny" by Saxon ? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 12:14 am

Ride like the wind. but this is not one of my favourite saxon albums.
Back to top Go down
Short-Fuse
Metal student
Metal student
Short-Fuse

Number of posts : 195

PostSubject: Re: What song do you like best on "Destiny" by Saxon ?   saxon destiny - What song do you like best on "Destiny" by Saxon ? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 1:42 pm

I hade this on tape, and from what I can remember, I only liked "Ride"
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: What song do you like best on "Destiny" by Saxon ?   saxon destiny - What song do you like best on "Destiny" by Saxon ? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 5:25 pm

Ride Like The Wind. They played this on the radio a lot in San Jose and it's they only tune I know from this album.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: What song do you like best on "Destiny" by Saxon ?   saxon destiny - What song do you like best on "Destiny" by Saxon ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 11:07 pm

Well, picked this up again recently, and I have to say I quite like it! Had it on vinyl back in the day and I really didn't care for it, not what I expected from Saxon, plus I was young and pretty much a total "metaloid" at the time! headbanger It's really not a bad lp, just not great, and no real stand out tracks, save for the cover, and perhaps the ballad. Can't really pick a fav, like them all, but love none. It's a solid lp, just not a "Solid Ball of Rock!" Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: What song do you like best on "Destiny" by Saxon ?   saxon destiny - What song do you like best on "Destiny" by Saxon ? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 8:25 am

When I first listened to this a couple of years ago, I hated this album, but I like it a little more now.  The only two songs I cared for were "Ride Like the Wind" and "S.O.S.", but I dig "Where the Lightning Strikes", "Song for Emma" and "Jericho Siren" and "Red Alert" seem to agree with me more on repeated listens.

Favorite: S.O.S.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6327

PostSubject: Re: What song do you like best on "Destiny" by Saxon ?   saxon destiny - What song do you like best on "Destiny" by Saxon ? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 10:05 am

I'm glad some people can find something to enjoy about this album.

I can try and force myself to listen to this, but it's just not something I like.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: What song do you like best on "Destiny" by Saxon ?   saxon destiny - What song do you like best on "Destiny" by Saxon ? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 10:30 am

It's grown on me more and more, I like it far more than a handful of others by them. Including the s/t, Crusader, Rock the Nations, Forever Free...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: What song do you like best on "Destiny" by Saxon ?   saxon destiny - What song do you like best on "Destiny" by Saxon ? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 8:34 am

I recently picked up a 2 disc compilation for under 10 bucks (new & including shipping) from Saxon called "Baptism of Fire" 1991-2009. 18 tunes on one disc & 16 on the other (I believe) Cool for when in a mood for varied Saxon tunes on the road or whatever.

PostSubject: Re: What song do you like best on "Destiny" by Saxon ?   saxon destiny - What song do you like best on "Destiny" by Saxon ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1