Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ?

Go down 
+10
manny
brokentulsa
Gilbert
bass63
Lari
chewie
Witchfinder
MoonChild
Thelemech
James B.
14 posters

Favorite song on Saxon's debut ?
Rainbow Theme
Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ? Vote_lcap6%Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ? Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Frozen Rainbow
Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ? Vote_lcap24%Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ? Vote_rcap
 24% [ 4 ]
Big Teaser
Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ? Vote_lcap12%Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ? Vote_rcap
 12% [ 2 ]
Judgment Day
Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ? Vote_lcap6%Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ? Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Stallions Of The Highway
Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ? Vote_lcap29%Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ? Vote_rcap
 29% [ 5 ]
Back To The Wall
 6% [ 1 ]
Still Fit To Boogie
Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ? Vote_lcap12%Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ? Vote_rcap
 12% [ 2 ]
Militia Guard
Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ? Vote_lcap5%Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ? Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12614

Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ?   Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 1:39 am

Which one is for you ?

Me.....it's "Stallions Of The Highway"

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ?   Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 3:21 am

Frozen Rainbow
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ?   Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 3:33 am

Still Fit To Boogie
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ?   Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 11:15 am

Stallions for me as well.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ?   Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 11:27 am

Big Teaser. That chorus just sticks in my head. In fact, as soon as I saw this thread that song popped into my head.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6335

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ?   Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 12:20 pm

Militia Guard is pretty cool, but I went with Frozen Rainbow.
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ?   Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 1:42 pm

Frozen Rainbow
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ?   Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 3:31 pm

stallions...By far...
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ?   Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 10:18 pm

Back To The Wall..love that song
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6335

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ?   Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 7:06 am

No-one voted for Militia Guard?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ?   Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 7:56 am

Stallions, I like the album but not as memorable as the ones that followed
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ?   Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2014 11:54 pm

Definitely "Rainbow Theme." Not really crazy about any other song on this album.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ?   Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 3:08 am

Lari wrote:
No-one voted for Militia Guard?

I almost did, but opted for Still Fit To Boogie.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ?   Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 1:03 pm

Frozen Rainbow. Sounds a bit like early Scorpions and I love the vibe of the track.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12614

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ?   Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 11:08 am

Okay, "Stallions Of The Highway" barely for the win.

On to the next album.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ?   Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2017 9:43 am

I can't believe these polls were over two years ago! I remember visiting them back then and really giving a good listen to this band for the first time back then. Saxon was always on my radar, regarding a band I needed to invest a good listen to, but I hate having to think about the possibility of having to buy 21 albums, if I end up really liking them. Anyways, I finally got Saxon's "The Complete Albums 1979-1988 to cheapen the cost.

I think their debut was really the only album of their first ten that I never really listened to. To be honest, it's a tough listen. I doubt that I will revisit this one all that often. It's not bad, it just pales in comparison to what was next. I think my favorite off their s/t would be "Judgement Day". James, I wish you would have never closed these polls.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ?   Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2017 10:01 am

I haven't listened to the debut in a long time but I'm gonna give a pity vote for "Still Fit To Boogie" just cuz the title always struck me funny Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ?   Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite song on Saxon's debut album ?
Page 1 of 1