Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trans Siberian ORchestra - Dec 20, 2014 The Christmas Attic

Go down 
+2
MetalGuy71
scottmitchell74
6 posters
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Trans Siberian ORchestra - Dec 20, 2014 The Christmas Attic Empty
PostSubject: Trans Siberian ORchestra - Dec 20, 2014 The Christmas Attic   Trans Siberian ORchestra - Dec 20, 2014 The Christmas Attic Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 7:10 am

My wife talked me into doing this. I'm not really sure what my hesitation was, but my wife had to talk me into this.

Blown away!!! This was easily the best concert I've ever been too, easily.

Every person involved was wildly talented and the show surrounding the music was top-notch. Somehow they were able to make everything sound better than on the albums, which to me is a rare thing to pull off.

I was happy with everyone's effort, skill, and even the length of the concert was nearly 3 hours. We really felt like we got our money's worth.

One thing that struck me, and I teased my wife about this, is that besides a few softer numbers, this was a METAL concert. All these old people and otherwise non-metal fans loved every minute of the show. They managed to sneak a few Savatage songs in and a Led Zeppelin song and those same non-metal/old people were eating it up! Funny.

I can't recommend this concert enough. Very impresseive.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Trans Siberian ORchestra - Dec 20, 2014 The Christmas Attic   Trans Siberian ORchestra - Dec 20, 2014 The Christmas Attic Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 11:17 am

Quote :
All these old people and otherwise non-metal fans loved every minute of the show.

It's been a few years since we've seen 'em, but I've gone with my parents (both in their mid-60's) twice. They loved it.

TSO is playing in my building tonight. I'm watching them set up the stage as I type this. Sound check should be happening in another hour or so.

Sadly, I'm not able to stick around tonight to watch the show, but I've talked with the wife about going next year and taking the kids with us. They're getting old enough now to dig it I think. They certainly know the songs well enough from either the radio or daddy playing them in the car and around the house.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Trans Siberian ORchestra - Dec 20, 2014 The Christmas Attic   Trans Siberian ORchestra - Dec 20, 2014 The Christmas Attic Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 11:26 am

I've never seen'em but I'd love to one of these fine days. Like MG71, my kids are old enough now (12 and 7) that they would probably totally dig it. Plus, if they did a Savatage track I'd probably melt into a puddle of fanboy sludge. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25855

PostSubject: Re: Trans Siberian ORchestra - Dec 20, 2014 The Christmas Attic   Trans Siberian ORchestra - Dec 20, 2014 The Christmas Attic Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 5:27 pm

I saw TSO a couple of years ago. It is a fantastic show!! I'd love to see them again.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Trans Siberian ORchestra - Dec 20, 2014 The Christmas Attic   Trans Siberian ORchestra - Dec 20, 2014 The Christmas Attic Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 9:08 am

I've seen them a couple times - always a FANTASTIC show!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Trans Siberian ORchestra - Dec 20, 2014 The Christmas Attic   Trans Siberian ORchestra - Dec 20, 2014 The Christmas Attic Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 9:09 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I've never seen'em but I'd love to one of these fine days. Like MG71, my kids are old enough now (12 and 7) that they would probably totally dig it. Plus, if they did a Savatage track I'd probably melt into a puddle of fanboy sludge. Very Happy

Every time I have seen TSO, I have seen a couple Savatage shirts
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Trans Siberian ORchestra - Dec 20, 2014 The Christmas Attic   Trans Siberian ORchestra - Dec 20, 2014 The Christmas Attic Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 11:19 am

thejokeriv wrote:

Every time I have seen TSO, I have seen a couple Savatage shirts

Very Happy A couple of years ago I was in Shop Rite and I saw a grey haired couple (early/mid 50s) coming down the aisle towards me, wearing matching TSO Winter Tour t-shirts. I sez "Hey, great shirts, that's an awesome band," and the wife stops and sez to me (in thick, loud Noo Yawk-ese accent) "OH MY GAWD, they're FAAABULOUS! Have you evva SEEN them?" when I replied that I hadn't, she sez "Oh my GAWD, It's a FAAAAAAANtastic show, I sweah, it's even BETTA than the Radio City Rockette Spectacular, you GOTTA go, they're the BEST!"

...as they walked away I chuckled at the thought of what they might say if they heard, say, Savatage's "Necrophilia" or "Skull Session" and were told "Believe it or not, it's the same guys!" Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Trans Siberian ORchestra - Dec 20, 2014 The Christmas Attic   Trans Siberian ORchestra - Dec 20, 2014 The Christmas Attic Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2014 7:00 pm

Just saw an ad for the TSO shows here tomorrow.

I think it's cool that they're donating a portion of the proceeds from the show to the Salvation Army's Tree Of Lights campaign.

PostSubject: Re: Trans Siberian ORchestra - Dec 20, 2014 The Christmas Attic   Trans Siberian ORchestra - Dec 20, 2014 The Christmas Attic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trans Siberian ORchestra - Dec 20, 2014 The Christmas Attic
Page 1 of 1