Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon

Go down 
+15
Glower
MoonChild
Runicen
TheGreatDuck
MetalGuy71
Boris2008
choosemetal
80s Metal Lady
Vexer6
Gilbert
Red Kitty
brokentulsa
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Witchfinder
James B.
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse"
Rockin Again
saxon - Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%saxon - Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Call Of The Wild
saxon - Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%saxon - Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
Back On The Streets
saxon - Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%saxon - Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
Devil Rides Out
saxon - Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%saxon - Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Rock n Roll Gypsy
saxon - Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%saxon - Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
Broken Heroes
saxon - Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%saxon - Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
Gonna Shout
saxon - Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%saxon - Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Everybody Up
 7% [ 1 ]
Raise Some Hell
 7% [ 1 ]
Give It Everything You've Got
saxon - Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%saxon - Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

saxon - Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon   saxon - Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 3:17 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Hoooo boy, the feminists are gonna have a field day with that pic. Better keep all my KD albums under lock & key when they come storming the gates of my estate.

As for Saxon, I never heard that album or know any of the songs. 'Rock n Roll Gypsy' sounds like a cool title, so let's go with that one.
I can tell you most feminists don't give a rat's ass about things like that(I myself identify as one BTW).

And I can tell you to check out this thread...
http://www.heartofmetal.net/t22060-now-the-feminists-are-coming-after-metal

I'm bracing for the epic showdown that is sure to come.

Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon   saxon - Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 3:33 pm

One of my all time favorites by Saxon, so it's really hard to me to choose a favorite.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon   saxon - Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 3:55 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Hoooo boy, the feminists are gonna have a field day with that pic. Better keep all my KD albums under lock & key when they come storming the gates of my estate.

As for Saxon, I never heard that album or know any of the songs. 'Rock n Roll Gypsy' sounds like a cool title, so let's go with that one.
I can tell you most feminists don't give a rat's ass about things like that(I myself identify as one BTW).

And I can tell you to check out this thread...
http://www.heartofmetal.net/t22060-now-the-feminists-are-coming-after-metal

I'm bracing for the epic showdown that is sure to come.
Meh, that's utter nonsense if you ask me, you can't paint all feminists with the same brush.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon   saxon - Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 4:00 pm

Be that as it may. Rather be safe than sorry.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon   saxon - Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 8:04 am

We're getting into the range of Saxon albums I'm not as "in touch" with. Kind of the same syndrome that hits some Priest albums - they're not bad, but they don't really grab my attention either, especially given some of the shining company they keep in the discography.

On the KD thing, honestly, any movement that demands that humor be sacrificed (because that picture is tremendously funny once you get over the very surface "sexy" aspect of it) pretty much loses my vote. That's not about respect or equality, it's about shutting up anyone who disagrees with you, stifling conversation and elbowing out ideas just because YOU don't happen to like them. I'll pass.

Also, for those who think "those folks" aren't feminists, I think it's time to come up with a new word to describe what you're after because they've definitely hijacked the movement in a big way.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon   saxon - Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 1:38 pm

Runicen wrote:
We're getting into the range of Saxon albums I'm not as "in touch" with.  Kind of the same syndrome that hits some Priest albums - they're not bad, but they don't really grab my attention either, especially given some of the shining company they keep in the discography.

On the KD thing, honestly, any movement that demands that humor be sacrificed (because that picture is tremendously funny once you get over the very surface "sexy" aspect of it) pretty much loses my vote.  That's not about respect or equality, it's about shutting up anyone who disagrees with you, stifling conversation and elbowing out ideas just because YOU don't happen to like them.  I'll pass.  

Also, for those who think "those folks" aren't feminists, I think it's time to come up with a new word to describe what you're after because they've definitely hijacked the movement in a big way.

I prefer the term Media Watchdogs myself(taken from TV Tropes).
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon   saxon - Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 1:52 pm

I think the first mistake anyone makes there is in "watching" the media. Laughing

Actually, that reminds me of a really bizarre comment I saw online (really, only one?) the other day. There was this video game character being announced and, cool enough, it was this striking looking female character of realistic proportions. I suppose you could call her a "classic beauty" instead of the normal "chest that makes you fear for her structural integrity" types you see more often than not.

Now, here's what got me - someone's comment was, "Finally! I've been waiting for a non-sexual female character for ages!" or something along those lines.

Seems benign, right? Only problem is, as a straight male, I find formidable looking women incredibly sexy regardless of their build, so - technically speaking - based on my tastes, this IS a sexualized female. I guess I'm just getting totally blindsided by where these idiological lines are getting drawn - to the point where even a knee-jerk attraction to a fictional character is deemed "objectification" by the moral elites out there.

I mean, is "don't be a dick" really that hard for people to grasp? I think that's something that men and women alike can pretty well agree is a useful philosophy to (figuratively) hang your hat on.

And I thought about changing my wording there and decided against it because I'm going to have far too much fun seeing how other board denizens run with it.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon   saxon - Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 4:06 am

Call of the Wild
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon   saxon - Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 7:26 pm

Crank this as loud as you can - it'll just be like seeing Saxon in concert !
I love Rockin' Again as the CD opener - but this song could of easily been just as good.
From the first line " On your feet, I want to see the whole place rockin' " - wow -
You do have to laugh, they didn't exactly write this one somewhere secluded, admiring the foliage.
" Stand in line were about to rock you " - ahhhhh 1985 - medium sized club - packed.
"Every night people getting crazy" - this song really captures the spirit -
The CD...song by song, sounds like they got a record deal, and were very happy, as if they were granted one last chance - to hit it big....and they made the best out of it !
" Broken Heroes " is one hell of a anti- goverment stance - against war. Greatly written.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6328

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon   saxon - Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 7:43 pm

"WHERE ARE THEY NOW?!!!!"

Broken heroes...
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon   saxon - Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 8:13 pm

I agree, Glower, I love this whole album. Since I did not get into Saxon until 2005, I have no bad memories of being disappointed back in the eighties and was able to hear it and judge it on it's own merits.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon   saxon - Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 12:02 am

"Broken Heroes", classic track for sure! First heard it several months ago as a live bonus track on the remastered version of "Destiny", thought it was a good one on first listen. This album is a lot better than I first thought, quite an enjoyable listen...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon   saxon - Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 2:13 pm

After reading this thread, I was reminded how divisive Painkiller was. I don't miss that guy at all. Granted, I just started really giving Saxon a good listen two years ago, but I really like this album. I think it's a really consistent effort all the way through and I really like the bonus tracks they added on the 2009 remasters. Favorite tune, "Devil Rides Out".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon   saxon - Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your favorite from "Innocence Is No Excuse" by Saxon
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2