Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saxon's Innocence is no excuse

Go down 
+7
Black Coffee
Fat Freddy
Sutekh
Required Fields
Wargod
manny
Gilbert
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9875

Saxon's Innocence is no excuse Empty
PostSubject: Saxon's Innocence is no excuse   Saxon's Innocence is no excuse Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 4:11 pm

This is one hell of a metal platter by Saxon.

It's one of my favourite albums ever, especially with songs like Call of the wild and Raise some hell

Any fans?

Saxon's Innocence is no excuse 11840
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Saxon's Innocence is no excuse   Saxon's Innocence is no excuse Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 4:18 pm

Never owned that Saxon album but here is some Saxon news you might find interesting:

Saxon are to have their long awaited documentary released on DVD next month.Titled Heavy Metal Thunder – The Movie, apart from the main documentary itself, there will also be footage from a show in Germany during 1981, a St. George’s Day gig from 2008, interviews from the Crusader era, film of the band recording the Innocence Is No Excuse and Into The Labyrinth albums
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saxon's Innocence is no excuse   Saxon's Innocence is no excuse Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 5:28 pm

I love Saxon but I find that to be one of their weaker albums. You listed probably the best two songs.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Saxon's Innocence is no excuse   Saxon's Innocence is no excuse Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 7:32 pm

manny wrote:
Never owned that Saxon album but here is some Saxon news you might find interesting:

Saxon are to have their long awaited documentary released on DVD next month.Titled Heavy Metal Thunder – The Movie, apart from the main documentary itself, there will also be footage from a show in Germany during 1981, a St. George’s Day gig from 2008, interviews from the Crusader era, film of the band recording the Innocence Is No Excuse and Into The Labyrinth albums

Yes I'm so waiting for this to arrive in my mail box. I preordered this back 4 months ago. This DVD is gonna rock.

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28414

PostSubject: Re: Saxon's Innocence is no excuse   Saxon's Innocence is no excuse Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 7:37 pm

manny wrote:

Looking forward to seeing it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Saxon's Innocence is no excuse   Saxon's Innocence is no excuse Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 9:34 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
I love Saxon but I find that to be one of their weaker albums. You listed probably the best two songs.

Yup. I have the picture disc, and the band shot with the Nike shirts tells the story for me -they were moving away from the British sound to a more commercial version in an attempt to break into a wider market. I don't mind the album, but it's far from a classic like Denim and Leather or Wheels of Steel.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Saxon's Innocence is no excuse   Saxon's Innocence is no excuse Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 9:37 pm

I have had INNOCENCE... on cassette since it was a new release; haven't gotten round to updating it to CD yet... decent album, though I haven't heard it in quite a while now... in addition to "Call of the Wild," the song "Broken Heroes" is pretty damn good too

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Black Coffee
Metal student
Metal student
Black Coffee

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: Saxon's Innocence is no excuse   Saxon's Innocence is no excuse Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 11:10 pm

It's a good album overall, but a step down from Crusader, which itself was a step down from Power & the Glory.

It's better than Rock the Nations though! Saxon's Innocence is no excuse Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Black Coffee
Metal student
Metal student
Black Coffee

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: Saxon's Innocence is no excuse   Saxon's Innocence is no excuse Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 11:12 pm

manny wrote:

To say I am eagerly anticipating this would be a huge understatement! Apparently there is footage of their first tour in 1979 with Motorhead! Saxon's Innocence is no excuse 11840
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saxon's Innocence is no excuse   Saxon's Innocence is no excuse Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 11:20 pm

Quote :
It's better than Rock the Nations though!

Word.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Saxon's Innocence is no excuse   Saxon's Innocence is no excuse Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:15 am

Gilbert wrote:
This is one hell of a metal platter by Saxon.

It's one of my favourite albums ever, especially with songs like Call of the wild and Raise some hell

Any fans?

Saxon's Innocence is no excuse 11840

I agree. I've always loved Innocence is No Excuse.

PostSubject: Re: Saxon's Innocence is no excuse   Saxon's Innocence is no excuse Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 7:59 am

Black Coffee wrote:
manny wrote:

To say I am eagerly anticipating this would be a huge understatement! Apparently there is footage of their first tour in 1979 with Motorhead! Saxon's Innocence is no excuse 11840

Auntie got me put into their "Thank You"s in the liner notes. Gonna be a tangible part of Saxon history!! Woo-Hoo!!

And, "Innocence" has its' place. It is basically Saxon's "Hysteria" or "Theater of Pain". That album opened up doors to a whole new sector of music fans. There are NO below average Saxon albums - just varying degrees of awesomeness. Back on the Streets, Gonna Raise Hell, Devil Rides Out - every tune on there holds a good memory for me. Met the band for the first time on that tour at First Ave. I went with a couple of girlie friends and they were all over Biff, playing with his hair and stuff and I got pissed cuz they knew Saxon was my band, and they were hogging all the attention! One of them actually eventually married Jack Russell and got to hang out with Saxon again at some festival in Holland years later. She still rubs my nose in that.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Saxon's Innocence is no excuse   Saxon's Innocence is no excuse Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 11:32 am

Great album. A lot more melodic, more melodic hard rock sometimes, but i like melodic hard rock.
Back to top Go down
Lionheartâ„¢
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: Saxon's Innocence is no excuse   Saxon's Innocence is no excuse Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 11:58 am

Very good album...certainly not their best, but a good one in their storied discography. The first 6 songs are all great, especially "Broken Heroes" and "Call Of The Wild". The last 4 songs are a little too much on the cliched side and not as good.

This one is special for me in that I saw them live for this album with Armored Saint opening up. It was a fun and memorable show for both bands.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Saxon's Innocence is no excuse   Saxon's Innocence is no excuse Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 12:49 pm

Great stories, John! You should write a book with your memoars some day. It would outsell The Dirt in no time! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Saxon's Innocence is no excuse   Saxon's Innocence is no excuse Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 1:12 pm

kmorg wrote:
Great stories, John! You should write a book with your memoars some day. It would outsell The Dirt in no time! Very Happy

You have no idea how many times that has been suggested. But I have already done enough to upset my poor dear ma....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saxon's Innocence is no excuse   Saxon's Innocence is no excuse Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saxon's Innocence is no excuse
Page 1 of 1