Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon

Go down 
+9
assault_attack
MoonChild
nevermore
Lari
Gilbert
Dark Horseman
Witchfinder
James B.
13 posters

Battalions Of Steel
Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon Vote_lcap17%Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon Vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
Live To Rock
Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon Vote_lcap42%Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon Vote_rcap
 42% [ 5 ]
Demon Sweeny Todd
Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon Vote_lcap17%Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon Vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
The Letter/Valley Of The Kings
Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon Vote_lcap0%Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Slow Lane Blues
Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon Vote_lcap8%Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Crime Of Passion
Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon Vote_lcap0%Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Premonition in D Minor/Voice
 0% [ 0 ]
Protect Yourselves
Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon Vote_lcap8%Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Hellcat
 8% [ 1 ]
Come Rock Of Ages(The Circle Is Complete)
 0% [ 0 ]
Comin Home(Bottleneck Version)
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon Empty
PostSubject: Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon   Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 7:48 pm

Biff sounds awesome on this album. I like other "current" albums better overall than this but it is still great music.

"Live To Rock" gets my vote

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon   Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 11:20 pm

"Live To Rock" for me. That's even with that Bon Jovi's "Bad Medicine" intro.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon   Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 12:30 am

A step back imo but still a good album. Slow Lane Blues which shows Biff still can sing.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9875

PostSubject: Re: Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon   Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 12:45 am

Demon sweeny todd. Love its speed.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6328

PostSubject: Re: Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon   Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 9:10 am

Protect Yourselves. Heavy impact metal. Biff sounds nasty.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

PostSubject: Re: Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon   Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 10:11 am

Live To Rock
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon   Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 12:12 pm

Demon Sweeny Todd
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon   Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 4:35 pm

Live To Rock..................I almost went with Demon Sweeny Todd
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon   Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 11:52 am

Battalions of Steel
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon   Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:06 am

This is a tough one. Usually a song or two will immediately grab me (i.e. "Great White Buffalo," "Metalhead," "State Of Grace," etc.) but nothing is really doing much for me on this album. I'll give it a few more listens before making a choice.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon   Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 11:48 am

That's the thing on this album, it's good and Biff sounds great but nothing stands out.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

PostSubject: Re: Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon   Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 12:20 pm

Finally went with "Battalions Of Steel."
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon   Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 1:21 pm

Good choice. Relistening I think part of the problem is there are too many meh songs.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

PostSubject: Re: Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon   Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 1:47 pm

Yeah, I listened to it quite a few times, but nothing jumped out or was very memorable. The song that stuck in my head the most was "Valley Of The Kings," but I can't say I like it all that much.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon   Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 2:29 pm

Time to roll with poll on Call To Arms Wink
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon   Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 7:02 pm

You're gonna do an overall assessment of what song won each album after Sacrifice, right?
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

PostSubject: Re: Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon   Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 10:13 pm

Can we do Running Wild album polls next?
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon   Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 10:09 am

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
You're gonna do an overall assessment of what song won each album after Sacrifice, right?

You do know me John headbanger

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon   Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 10:09 am

80s Metal Lady wrote:
Can we do Running Wild album polls next?

Yes you can, go for it headbanger

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon   Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 10:31 am

I don't know folks, judging by the youtube clips I checked out, think I may prefer this to "Call to Arms"...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon   Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2019 7:42 pm

After listening to Lionheart and Inner Sanctum, this effort though not bad was a little more of a let down. It started off nicely, but then sort of tailed off. I like the mid tempo effort of "Protect Yourselves", as it just edges out "Battalions of Steel".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon   Favorite from "Into The Labyrinth" by Saxon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1