Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!!

Go down 
+20
corplhicks
DakotaRogers
mlotek
nevermore
MoonChild
Glower
MetalRob331
thejokeriv
Runicen
Hadley
mikeinfla
Boris2008
Gilbert
mc666
Thelemech
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
manny
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!!   Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 7:05 pm

"cop this" basically just means "check this out" or "understand this". I think....

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!!   Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 7:32 pm

S.D. wrote:
"cop this" basically just means "check this out" or "understand this".  I think....

Yep.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!!   Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 7:50 pm

It's more like 'take that' or 'have this'. You might say 'cop this' before punching someone in the face.

It's also used as 'look at this'
Back to top Go down
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

PostSubject: Re: Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!!   Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 2:43 am

Some people take their bad-assery too seriously. Good thing he hasn't ended up like that guy from As I Lay Dying. That was seriously 'wtf'.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!!   Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 9:42 am

AC DC guitar riffs rule !
Add Bon Scott's lyrics scribbled in a notebook -
and he has an actual statue - Cop This !
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!!   Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 5:53 pm

Cool interview with Phil in Classic Rock Magazine.

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/features/2014-11-07/phil-rudd-i-ll-accept-my-mistakes
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!!   Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 7:21 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I used to think he was sayin' "F*ck this" at the beginning of Problem Child...

Yep, me too
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!!   Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 2:45 am

http://loudwire.com/acdc-angus-young-phil-rudd-needs-to-sort-himself-out/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!!   Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 3:10 am

Gotta be the first time I ever heard of an AC/DC member changing their groove.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!!   Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 4:44 am

Has anybody else checked out his solo album? A few gems in a dung heap I'm afraid!

I do quite like this though

Sounds like Motorhead trying to sound like AC/DC
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!!   Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 10:32 am

Is the Repo man = the devil -
Some of these lyrics could be directed towards Brian Johnson !
Here is a triva question for you hardcore fans - what AC DC song HAS a swear word in it ?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!!   Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 11:07 am

Quote :
Here is a triva question for you hardcore fans - what AC DC song HAS a swear word in it ?

"Rock N Roll Singer" ("You can stick your golden handshake and you can stick your silly rules ... and all the other s**t that you teach to kids in school")

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!!   Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 4:00 pm

Glower wrote:
Is the Repo man = the devil -
Some of these lyrics could be directed towards Brian Johnson !

Does "Damn" count as a swear word? (Rock and Roll Damnation, Damned)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!!   Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 4:36 pm

Damn is only a swear word if it's still 1939.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!!   Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 5:20 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
They need to get this guy back.

Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!! - Page 3 Hills5

Oh, I mean THIS guy

Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!! - Page 3 Chris+slade

Chris Slade did a fine job.

Awesome drummer! He would be a good choice..I think he almost 70 now. I saw him back when he had hair in the late 70's, lol.

He did play a few shows MSG a couple of years ago.. He would get my vote.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!!   Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 10:15 pm

Chris Slade ws an awesome drummer fort AC/DC.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!!   Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 10:28 pm

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/acdcs-dirty-deeds-done-dirt-cheap-gets-sales-bump-after-phil-rudds-arrest/

Rolling Eyes cheers
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!!   Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 5:17 pm

Hey Fat Freddy - concerning AC DC songs with a swear word :
I recently bought Highway To Hell CD -
was driving and listening to " If you want Blood " song -
there's a swear in that one too -
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!!   Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 7:21 pm

Apparently Phil has been out for a while...

Angus Young of AC/DC says his bandmates have not been in touch with Phil Rudd since he was charged with threatening to kill and possessing methamphetamine and marijuana last week.
Young, 59, said in an interview Thursday (Nov. 13) that Rudd's behavior had been somewhat erratic during the recording of their new album.

"Well, we had a few problems. The situation he's in -- that took everyone by surprise. We had a few issues before with him, even when we were recording it was hard even to get to him to do the recording," Young said, sitting in a room with bassist Cliff Williams.
"And then he was supposed to show up to do promos with us, to do video shoots and a few shoots and a few other things, and he never showed up for that either. So, at this stage, it's a pretty tough call for us."

Rudd, who has been with the band on and off for nearly three decades, was released last week. He is expected to appear in court in New Zealand on Nov. 27.
"We haven't had contact," Young said in New York City. "But he has his people that represent him. He's got himself in a pickle."
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!!   Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 10:25 am

Phil better get his sh*t together...

Quote :
AC/DC drummer gets another arrest warrant after arriving late for hearing, enters no plea on threatening to kill charge, then nearly causes road accident
AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd faced a new arrest warrant after arriving at court late to answer a charge of threatening to kill today.

He’d been accused of attempting to procure a murder earlier this month, although that charge was dropped by New Zealand authorities the following day. He could spend up to seven years in jail if found guilty of the charges that remain, including possession of methamphetamine and cannabis.

Rudd, 60, had been ordered to appear at Tauranga High Court at 9am, but failed to arrive in time. Justice Timothy Brewer was in the process of issuing an arrest warrant when the drummer entered the room. The warrant was then dropped.

He entered no plea via attorney Paul Mabey and Justice Brewer ordered the case to be sent down to a lower court, since the most serious charge had been dropped.

On leaving the court, Rudd gestured towards media, jumped on the back of his security guard, then got into his car, which he reversed into the path of an oncoming truck. No collision took place

While they haven't made an "official" statement yet, I can't imagine Phil continuing on with the band at this point. He won't be allowed to leave the country (or enter others I imagine) to tour while all this is going on, right?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!!   Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 4:39 pm

I am sure he is fired at this point, thou Brian Johnson made the joke, maybe they won't have to!!
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!!   Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 10:18 pm

I don't understand how Rudd can get a lengthy sentence for meth when that is a huge business in New Zealand and helping drive their economy right now.
New Zealand is becoming known as the "go-to" place for drugs in that area of the planet.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!!   Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 12:03 pm

mlotek wrote:
I don't understand how Rudd can get a lengthy sentence for meth when that is a huge business in New Zealand and helping drive their economy right now.
New Zealand is becoming known as the "go-to" place for drugs in that area of the planet.

It's still illegal to possess it, no matter how profitable it may be.

Quote :
New Zealand
Methamphetamine is a Class "A" or Schedule 1 controlled drug under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1975.[14] The maximum penalty for production and distribution is imprisonment for life. While in theory a doctor could prescribe it for an appropriate indication, this would require case-by-case approval by the director-general of public health. High purity methamphetamine is most commonly referred to by the uniquely New Zealand street name of P, for "pure"

Quote :
Class A:
First Schedule: Very high risk of harm and illegal:
LSD
Heroin
Cocaine
Methamphetamine
Psilocin and psilocybin

Guess it will depend on how much Phil had on him and how badly they want to persecute. Will they give him a slap on the wrist because he's famous or make an example of him and lock him up?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!!   Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 10:10 am

Phil can't seem to stay out of trouble...
Quote :
According to 3 News, AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd was placed in handcuffs and put into the back of a police car early Thursday morning (December 4) following an incident outside a coffee shop in a shopping center in Gate Pa, New Zealand.

Leo Rojas, the owner of Columbus Coffee in Tauranga, said he witnessed an altercation between Rudd and a unidentified man at about 10:20 a.m.

"I saw him following a taller, bigger guy and trying to punch the guy," Rojas told NZ Newswire.

Rojas said the man was trying to get away from Rudd, telling the drummer, "Look, I don't want to break your face."

He said the man eventually got tired of Rudd's aggressive behavior and pushed the musician away. "[Rudd] literally fell away like a fly," said Rojas.

A third man, believed to be Rudd's bodyguard, tried to break up the fight between the rocker and the taller man by holding the drummer back.

"That's when Phil started punching and kicking his own bodyguard, which I found funny," said Rojas.

Rudd was taken to court where his lawyer acknowledged that the rocker breached his bail agreement by having contact with complainants and police witnesses named in the police charge sheets in his upcoming trial. The judge set a new bail that called for a new condition in which Rudd is not allowed to consume illegal drugs. Crown solicitor Greg Hollister-Jones said he sought this extra condition because Rudd's behavior had been erratic and it would help to manage his complacence with all his bail conditions.

The musician's lawyer said of the Thursday morning incident: "It was a meeting with somebody he wasn't meant to associate with in a shop. It was a chance meeting and then there was contact from that."

PostSubject: Re: Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!!   Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Phil Rudd Arrested - attempted to procure murder?!!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3