Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested

Go down 
+10
Troublezone
nevermore
Lari
Required Fields
Sword Of The Heretic
Gilbert
James B.
Wrecked Neck
Fat Freddy
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested Empty
PostSubject: Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested   Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 1:30 pm

In today's installment of "The Amazing Adventures of Florida Man"...

Seriously tho...wow. There's a lot to unpack here.
TL, DR version: Cannibal Corpse are gonna need a new guitar player for that Slayer tour...

Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested Patrickobrienarrested2018_638

Quote :
According to the Tampa, Florida television station WFTS-TV, CANNIBAL CORPSE guitarist Patrick "Pat" O'Brien has been arrested for breaking into a home and assaulting a police officer.

The 53-year-old musician reportedly entered a house in the 4700 block of Windflower Circle, near the Northdale Golf and Country, just before 7:00 p.m. on Monday (December 10) and ignored orders from the two people inside the home to leave. O'Brien didn't know anyone at the house and didn't have permission to be there, an arrest report states. A sheriff's office supervisor says O'Brien shoved a woman to the ground and then went into the backyard.

Deputies responding to the burglary found O'Brien hiding behind a fence near the house, which was less than half a mile from his own home. They say O'Brien "ran towards" one of the deputies "with a knife in his right hand." Deputies then shot O'Brien with a Taser and arrested him.

O'Brien is charged with burglary of an occupied dwelling with assault and aggravated assault on a law enforcement officer. His bond was set at $50,000.

Just as O'Brien was arrested, a massive fire broke out at his home in the 16000 block of Norwood Drive with exploding ammunition inside. Witnesses said there was a fight — apparently kind of domestic dispute — at the house before the fire broke out. Hillsborough County firefighters were able to get the fire under control after about an hour but struggled due to the ammunition inside exploding due to the flames.

"They got about halfway through when the flames got too strong and they were hearing the pops and crackles of ammunition, so they had to take a defensive posture," Hillsborough County Fire Rescue spokesman Eric Seidel told the Tampa Bay Times.

Crews remained at the scene throughout the night and kept the road blocked long off after the fire was put out. It's unclear if anyone was home at the time, but no injuries were reported.

Officials say two military-style flamethrowers inside the home, making the fire much harder to battle for firefighters.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) is investigating the house fire.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested   Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 1:36 pm

Damn, he's lucky he only got shot with a taser. Wonder if it was him or whoever he was fighting with, that started the fire. Either way, sounds like he's screwed.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested   Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 1:43 pm

I wonder if he was high on meth surprised That tweaker road map on his face in the mugshot says a lot.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested   Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 1:47 pm

Why did he commit such stupid act? That is a serious accusation.
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 602

PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested   Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 2:16 pm

James B. wrote:
I wonder if he was high on meth surprised  That tweaker road map on his face in the mugshot says a lot.

My thoughts exactly.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39461

PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested   Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 2:19 pm

Strange story. He had to be on something.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested   Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 3:02 pm

Well, at least he's not Karl Logan.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6327

PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested   Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 3:56 pm

Sounds like this had potential to be a lot worse than what eventually happened. He could have been shot himself, for sure. But that face tells me he could have seriously hurt or even killed a person inside the house he broke into, and also the cop he ran towards.

If you're that fucked up, keep it your business and find a noose. That's the Finnish way, at least. I don't like these weirdos going into the community and starting to fuck up random innocent people.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested   Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 4:23 pm

Florida Man made his first court appearance today.
Side note: "Anti-Suicide Vest" sounds like a Cannibal Corpse song title. Very Happy

Quote :
CANNIBAL CORPSE Guitarist Wears Anti-Suicide Vest During First Court Appearance Following Arrest[

CANNIBAL CORPSE guitarist Patrick "Pat" O'Brien appeared in a Florida court Tuesday morning (December 11), one day after being arrested for breaking into a home and assaulting a police officer.

O'Brien was clad in an anti-suicide vest, with his wrists and ankles chained together, when he was told by a judge at the Hillsborough County Courthouse that had to be tested for drugs if he is able to bond out of jail.

A short video report from WFLA News Channel 8 on O'Brien's court appearance can be seen below.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested   Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 5:44 pm

Crazy story!! From the way he looks he's doing the super hard stuff.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested   Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 5:47 pm

All I can say is, if he broke into my house, and threatened my family, there'd not have been a cop getting assaulted later on. I would have needed to change the carpets though.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested   Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 7:29 pm

nevermore wrote:
Crazy story!! From the way he looks he's doing the super hard stuff.

I don't doubt it.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17063

PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested   Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2018 10:17 am

Extremely strange timing for him to freak out and commit career suicide.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17063

PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested   Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2018 10:22 am

Anyone remember that Pat was the other guy Slayer used for some shows back when Gary Holt first started filling in for Jeff Hanneman?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested   Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2018 7:52 pm

I live in Tampa and once in awhile he shows up at our local watering hole. He is actually a very nice guy, easy to chat with, so this was a bit out of character of him.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested   Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2018 11:34 pm

Lari wrote:
Sounds like this had potential to be a lot worse than what eventually happened. He could have been shot himself, for sure. But that face tells me he could have seriously hurt or even killed a person inside the house he broke into, and also the cop he ran towards.

Not to mention the firefighters who had to deal with exploding bullets and flame throwers because this asshole decided that their job wasn't dangerous enough!

Music is music but this moron deserves to go away for a while for sure.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested   Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2018 7:12 am

manny wrote:
I live in Tampa and once in awhile he shows up at our local watering hole. He is actually a very nice guy, easy to chat with, so this was a bit out of character of him.

I don't think he'll be showing up at that watering hole again for a while... haha

Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested   Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2018 8:27 am

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested   Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2018 1:17 pm

Deana Mazurkiewicz, the wife of Paul Mazurkiewicz (Cannibal Corpse's drummer), has started a crowdfunding campaign for Pat O'Brien after he lost everything he owns:

https://www.theprp.com/2018/12/13/news/crowdfunding-campaign-launched-for-cannibal-corpses-pat-obrien-following-house-fire-bizarre-arrest/
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested   Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2018 2:13 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Deana Mazurkiewicz, the wife of Paul Mazurkiewicz (Cannibal Corpse's drummer), has started a crowdfunding campaign for Pat O'Brien after he lost everything he owns:

https://www.theprp.com/2018/12/13/news/crowdfunding-campaign-launched-for-cannibal-corpses-pat-obrien-following-house-fire-bizarre-arrest/
14 grand already donated to him. Sorry, but unless they plan on using the money to send him go rehab, I'd never give e him a dime. I read, that when he broke in to that house he was talking about the rapture and people were chasing him. Sounds like tweeker shit to me.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested   Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2018 11:46 am

Dude had quite an arsenal built up. This coulda ended much worse than it did.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/cannibal-corpse-guitarist-had-50-shotguns-10-semiautomatic-rifles-and-20-handguns-at-rental-home-before-arrest/

2 Flamethrowers. Not one. TWO. That's just overkill. One flamethrower solves everything.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested   Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2018 11:48 am

Cannibal Corpse Guy is apparently out on bail right now. Still no statement from the band about the events, or if Pat will be in the band when they go out on the road with Slayer next year.

Rumors that C.C. are currently writing an epic double-length concept album about this entire episode, entitled "The Brutal Ballad of Pat O'Brien," remain unsubstantiated at this time. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested   Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2018 8:55 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Cannibal Corpse Guy is apparently out on bail right now. Still no statement from the band about the events, or if Pat will be in the band when they go out on the road with Slayer next year.

Rumors that C.C. are currently writing an epic double-length concept album about this entire episode, entitled "The Brutal Ballad of Pat O'Brien," remain unsubstantiated at this time. Very Happy

The band finally issued a statement through all the metal news outlets and social media.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested   Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2018 9:30 am

nevermore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

The band finally issued a statement through all the metal news outlets and social media.
Link?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested   Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2018 10:48 am

The statement was shared on the band's Facebook page and reads, in full:

As a band and as individuals, we all want nothing but the best for our brother and partner, Pat. While we can offer no further information about the incident, we wanted everyone to know that Pat is getting the help he needs and appreciates the love and support from Cannibal Corpse fans around the world.

Pat is currently with family and friends and looks forward to a healthy return at some point. For anyone wondering, all Cannibal Corpse touring will happen as planned'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested   Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next