Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Songs who sound better live

Go down 
+8
Daybreaker
Invader
MoonChild
metalmaniac122
fingers
Troublezone
MetalGuy71
the sentinel
12 posters
AuthorMessage

Songs who sound better live Empty
PostSubject: Songs who sound better live   Songs who sound better live Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 9:10 pm

Some of mine:

KISS:
-Black Diamond (The boring end became really cool in the 80s)
-New York Groove (The Ace Frehley voice sounds really good)
-Shock Me (The solo)
-2000 Man (The solo too)
-100,000 Years
-And a lot of other

Anvil:
-Metal On Metal
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Songs who sound better live   Songs who sound better live Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 9:27 pm

I'm not criticizing, but the entire KISS catalogue sounds better live. Great live band. In the studio they are too tame. It's like trying to bottle lightning.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Songs who sound better live   Songs who sound better live Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 9:30 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I'm not criticizing, but the entire KISS catalogue sounds better live. Great live band. In the studio they are too tame. It's like trying to bottle lightning.......

I agree with you. KISS is the band who's better live. It's why so many people ask Gene to do a (Music From) The Elder tour.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Songs who sound better live   Songs who sound better live Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 12:12 am

AceFrehley655 wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

I agree with you. KISS is the band who's better live. It's why so many people ask Gene to do a (Music From) The Elder tour.

That would be very cool.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Songs who sound better live   Songs who sound better live Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 11:49 am

Having seen Aerosmith live numerous times, I gotta say that the live version of "Sweet Emotion" is 10 times more awesome that the studio version. Perry's build-up in the beginning with the voice-box thingy, the song, then the slow jam again building up to the finale. They could stretch that song out for 30 minutes and I wouldn't mind.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

PostSubject: Re: Songs who sound better live   Songs who sound better live Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 8:20 pm

Everything on Wrecking Your Neck by Overkill sounds better than the studio version.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Songs who sound better live   Songs who sound better live Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 7:10 pm

the sentinel wrote:
AceFrehley655 wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

That would be very cool.

Yeah...They've done I, The Oath, A World Without Hero and Just A Boy (Never saw a complete version...). On Just A Boy people started to sing! Paul was like wooow...!
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Songs who sound better live   Songs who sound better live Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 8:34 pm

The songs on the Black Album By MetallicA are a good example they sound bland on the album since they are overproduced and Bob rock was destroying that Thrash Metal sound they had earlier but when they are played live they sound really good especially when they tune their guitars down later on (1995 onwards
Back to top Go down
metalmaniac122
Metal student
Metal student
metalmaniac122

Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: Songs who sound better live   Songs who sound better live Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 5:02 pm

I love this proformance:

(note that everyone there including the band are out of there minds on drugs.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Songs who sound better live   Songs who sound better live Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 6:48 pm

Judas Priest - Turbo

I bet Ram It Down material would sound great live as well. I'd love to find a boot from the tour.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Songs who sound better live   Songs who sound better live Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Megadeth's live version of She-Wolf on Rude Awakening is probably the best thing ever. humble
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Songs who sound better live   Songs who sound better live Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 7:16 pm

Metallica - Creeping Death
Grave Digger - Rebellion (The Clans are Marching)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Songs who sound better live   Songs who sound better live Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 1:20 pm

Overkill - Necroshine
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Songs who sound better live   Songs who sound better live Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 1:28 pm

Guest wrote:

Something I have noticed as well. 🤘
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Songs who sound better live   Songs who sound better live Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 1:29 pm

Run To The Hills - Iron Maiden as well, sounds better live.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Songs who sound better live   Songs who sound better live Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 1:36 pm

Megadeth: Dread And Fugitive Mind
Destruction: Nailed To The Cross
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Songs who sound better live   Songs who sound better live Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 2:48 pm

Iron Maiden - Fear Of The Dark
Back to top Go down
Daybreaker
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: Songs who sound better live   Songs who sound better live Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 3:29 pm

I always thought the live versions of Iron Maiden's Hallowed Be Thy Name were better than the studio. Also Judas Priests version of Heading Out The Highway that is on Priest Live! with the extra solos is the best version of that song.
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: Songs who sound better live   Songs who sound better live Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 2:16 am

The Conjuring-Megadeth

I've always hated the studio version sounds too weak and thin but when they play it live holy man it incredble dave sounds so nasty and evil when he sings that intro 🤘

Alot of bands songs will be better live if the band is energentic thats why I never usaully buy alot of hardcore punk music but I love to go see punk bands live because they always have tons of energy
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Songs who sound better live   Songs who sound better live Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 2:21 am

my experience dictates that somone playing a kazoo live sounds better than studio
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Songs who sound better live   Songs who sound better live Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 3:08 am

Another one that comes to mind is Beyond The Realms of Death of Judas Priest.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Songs who sound better live   Songs who sound better live Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 3:13 am

MoonChild wrote:
Another one that comes to mind is Beyond The Realms of Death of Judas Priest.

good call on that one
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Songs who sound better live   Songs who sound better live Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 3:27 am

I would just go ahead and say ANY Priest. It's one reason 'Painkiller' doesn't do it for me. It seemed like they tried to capture the energy, but still fell short, in this kind of awkward in between feeling. All Priest flows best live.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Songs who sound better live   Songs who sound better live Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 6:45 pm

AceFrehley655 wrote:
Some of mine:

KISS:
-Black Diamond (The boring end became really cool in the 80s)
-New York Groove (The Ace Frehley voice sounds really good)
-Shock Me (The solo)
-2000 Man (The solo too)
-100,000 Years
-And a lot of other

Anvil:
-Metal On Metal

the end of black diamond is weird and pointless they just ran out of ideas and needed to fill out some time
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Songs who sound better live   Songs who sound better live Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Songs who sound better live
Page 1 of 1