Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Faith No More album set for 2015

Go down 
+15
Gilbert
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
mc666
Dr8breed74
Temple of Blood
Eyesore
corplhicks
DallasBlack
Troublezone
ZombieHavoc
A Handful of Wayne
Hamer12
Runicen
Sword Of The Heretic
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

New Faith No More album set for 2015 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Faith No More album set for 2015   New Faith No More album set for 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 8:22 am

I don't know, there are plenty of instances where I think any of us have heard a voice not exactly at its best and then warmed to it with a "Wait... That was X?" moment.

Jon Oliva was that way for me. The first tracks I heard with his voice were on the Dead Winter Dead album and I wondered what all the fuss was about. Then, years later, I heard early Savatage and everything AFTER DWD and it opened up for me.

So, yeah. Acquired.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Faith No More album set for 2015   New Faith No More album set for 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 10:20 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
I don't like the original singer at all. That guy had a very strange voice like a cross between a Tommy Chong and Baby Huey.

He's an acquired for sure.

Not really, you either like someone's voice or you don't. Patton is the reason I hate The Real Thing, Angel Dust was a lot better but still he annoyed me.

Actually, upon repeated listens someone's voice can certainly become enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: New Faith No More album set for 2015   New Faith No More album set for 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 8:03 am

Eyesore wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
I don't like the original singer at all. That guy had a very strange voice like a cross between a Tommy Chong and Baby Huey.

Not really, you either like someone's voice or you don't. Patton is the reason I hate The Real Thing, Angel Dust was a lot better but still he annoyed me.

Or they just wear you down into a grudging sort of apathy... lol!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: New Faith No More album set for 2015   New Faith No More album set for 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 10:23 am

Runicen wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Or they just wear you down into a grudging sort of apathy...  lol!

That's how it is for me, I never liked Sean Killian or Michael Kiske's voices but the music was so good that I grew to put up with it but I never grew to like them. Maybe Mustaine, but that didn't take long at all.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Faith No More album set for 2015   New Faith No More album set for 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 12:13 pm

This may be of interest to some folks here...

Quote :
According to The Pulse Of Radio, FAITH NO MORE's two best-selling albums, 1989's "The Real Thing" and 1992's "Angel Dust", are being reissued in new editions featuring plenty of bonus rarities. The reissues will be available as either double-CD or heavyweight double-vinyl sets with the CDs available on June 9, one month after the band releases its first set of new music in 18 years, "Sol Invictus", on May 19.

Neither disc will contain any previously unreleased tracks, but both will collect hard-to-find rarities in the form of live cuts, remixes and other B-sides and bonus tracks.

The bonus disc for "The Real Thing" contains remixes of three of FAITH NO MORE's biggest hits — "Epic", "Falling To Pieces" and "From Out Of Nowhere" — non-album cuts like "The Grade", "Cowboy Song" and "Sweet Emotion", plus live cuts like a cover of BLACK SABBATH's "War Pigs".

"Angel Dust" also features live tracks, remixes and covers of THE COMMODORES' "Easy" and THE DEAD KENNEDYS' "Let's Lynch the Landlord".

A vinyl release for both albums is planned for August, though an exact release date has yet to be announced.

'Sweet Emotion' is not an Aerosmith cover, by the way.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: New Faith No More album set for 2015   New Faith No More album set for 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 12:20 pm

So, apparently they're striking while the iron is hot on this new album and re-releasing The Real Thing and Angel Dust. Sad to see that "The Perfect Crime" isn't included on either of the bonus discs, but the rest of the bonus material looks pretty sweet for someone who didn't collect the original single releases.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2015/04/23/faith-no-mores-the-real-thing-and-angel-dust-are-getting-deluxe-reissues/
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: New Faith No More album set for 2015   New Faith No More album set for 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 8:53 am

Over the weekend, I had some extra music to offload and did the "trade up" ritual at a store I hadn't been to for a while. There wasn't much catching my eye, so I caved and ponied up my store credit for the reissues.

I haven't done a "serious" A/B comparison, but on first blush it sounds like they gave the low end of the mixes more breathing room. The mids and highs don't appear to have been messed with much and the mixes themselves haven't really changed. This may just be a case of EQing the original mix differently to improve the sonics, but I'd have to spend more time with them in order to form a more educated opinion than that. My first impression is that they are a sonic upgrade.

Oh, and because I'm remarkably anal retentive, I DID find and pick up a used copy of Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey so I could secure a proper, digital copy of "The Perfect Crime." I think my set is complete now. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: New Faith No More album set for 2015   New Faith No More album set for 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 2:10 pm

I think a new Faith No More album will be cool to check out, I like songs here and there, Epic, Last Cup of Sorrow
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: New Faith No More album set for 2015   New Faith No More album set for 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 3:12 pm

I haven't been crazy about it. Haven't even gotten past the first two tracks. Sounds too close to a Patton solo album and that really rubs me up the wrong way. I like Patton, but there's something about the band now "being" his thing that discounts everything they were great at.

I'll have to give it another chance, but that really put me off it from the start the last few times I tried to listen to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Faith No More album set for 2015   New Faith No More album set for 2015 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Faith No More album set for 2015
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3