Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Faith No More album set for 2015

Go down 
+15
Gilbert
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
mc666
Dr8breed74
Temple of Blood
Eyesore
corplhicks
DallasBlack
Troublezone
ZombieHavoc
A Handful of Wayne
Hamer12
Runicen
Sword Of The Heretic
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

New Faith No More album set for 2015 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Faith No More album set for 2015   New Faith No More album set for 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 1:12 pm

Some music works for me at specific points in my life and then I move on and it no longer speaks to me at all. FNM is one of those bands. Hit just the right niche for a few years and then it was over.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Faith No More album set for 2015   New Faith No More album set for 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 2:10 pm

Angel Dust is effin brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Dr8breed74
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

Number of posts : 291

PostSubject: Re: New Faith No More album set for 2015   New Faith No More album set for 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 3:05 pm

Great album, but, I really can't split hairs on any album by them. I like 'em all!
Back to top Go down
https://krullrecords.bigcartel.com/
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: New Faith No More album set for 2015   New Faith No More album set for 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 3:23 pm

Hamer12 wrote:
YES!! Can't wait! King for a Day is my favorite, almost worn it out.

Saw this album at a local store lately. Recommended huh?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: New Faith No More album set for 2015   New Faith No More album set for 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 6:03 pm

The Real Thing is the only album I like by them (as a whole). Everything after that has been hit or miss. Losing Jim Martin didn't help... but I still like Mike Patton's voice when he actually sings.

Their cover of War Pigs is awesome!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: New Faith No More album set for 2015   New Faith No More album set for 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 9:13 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
The Real Thing is the only FNM I own. I like that one from time to time, but I never felt the need to dig any deeper.

That's how I feel about them too.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Faith No More album set for 2015   New Faith No More album set for 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 1:39 am

007 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
The Real Thing is the only FNM I own. I like that one from time to time, but I never felt the need to dig any deeper.

Angel Dust is brilliant. You should give that one a shot. You'll never hear another album like it.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: New Faith No More album set for 2015   New Faith No More album set for 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 2:17 am

Eyesore wrote:
007 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Angel Dust is brilliant. You should give that one a shot. You'll never hear another album like it.

It really is, totally eclectic and eccentric and profound. It did take a couple spins to sink in--I remember getting it when it came out and thinking I needed a joint in my hand to compliment the listening--but once it sunk it sunk strong. It's always been my favorite FNM album.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: New Faith No More album set for 2015   New Faith No More album set for 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 8:51 am

Angel Dust was a really rude awakening as I'd been digesting The Real Thing on a regular basis (it was one of the first CDs I owned and one of maybe 3 I had at the time) and it was a huge departure.

That said, it's easily my favorite in their discography now. Totally a creative high watermark.

Nice thing is, it has both humor and intensity in equal parts - kind of essential for that kind of music.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: New Faith No More album set for 2015   New Faith No More album set for 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 8:59 am

I bought Angel Dust when it came out ... and my reaction, like a lot of people's, was "what the F$%# is this?"

So many people were thrown for a loop by that album that a legend was going 'round claiming they'd made Angel Dust inaccessible and weird on purpose ... because they wanted to weed out the trendy MTV fans they'd inadvertently picked up thanks to The Real Thing. If that's the case, then it worked on me.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: New Faith No More album set for 2015   New Faith No More album set for 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 9:13 am

S.D. wrote:
I really loved Faith No More when I was younger, but now Patton just annoys me.  

Patton has always annoyed me. The debut will always be their finest moment for me.

Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: New Faith No More album set for 2015   New Faith No More album set for 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 9:27 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I bought Angel Dust when it came out ... and my reaction, like a lot of people's, was "what the F$%# is this?"

So many people were thrown for a loop by that album that a legend was going 'round claiming they'd made Angel Dust inaccessible and weird on purpose ... because they wanted to weed out the trendy MTV fans they'd inadvertently picked up thanks to The Real Thing. If that's the case, then it worked on me.

If that was the intention, my hat's off to them for the simple reason that it's still a great album with great songs, but they buried it under this change in sonics that couldn't help but throw you off. Underneath, the substance is still the same. The songs are still catchy as hell and top notch. It's a great marriage of Jim Martin's guitar and Roddy Bottum's keyboards too. They never managed a sound that consistent on anything afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: New Faith No More album set for 2015   New Faith No More album set for 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 9:54 am

Runicen wrote:

If that was the intention, my hat's off to them for the simple reason that it's still a great album with great songs, but they buried it under this change in sonics that couldn't help but throw you off.  Underneath, the substance is still the same.  The songs are still catchy as hell and top notch.  It's a great marriage of Jim Martin's guitar and Roddy Bottum's keyboards too.  They never managed a sound that consistent on anything afterwards.

I honestly wouldn't know, it's been years 'n' years since I heard it. I bought it on cassette back then, and since I pretty much hated it, I never bothered to upgrade it to CD. Haha

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Faith No More album set for 2015   New Faith No More album set for 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 10:01 am

corplhicks wrote:
totally eclectic and eccentric and profound.
These are 3 traits that will absolutely guarantee that I will NEVER listen to Angel Dust. Razz

Fat Freddy wrote:
a legend was going 'round claiming they'd made Angel Dust inaccessible and weird on purpose
And that would be the final nail in that coffin. New Faith No More album set for 2015 - Page 2 337331

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: New Faith No More album set for 2015   New Faith No More album set for 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 10:31 am

Boris2008 wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Patton has always annoyed me. The debut will always be their finest moment for me.

I love Mike Patton, but the debut is stellar, for sure. That record feels like the definition of skate rock in the 80s, that was not straight JFA-like punk.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Faith No More album set for 2015   New Faith No More album set for 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 11:48 am

Runicen wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

If that was the intention, my hat's off to them for the simple reason that it's still a great album with great songs, but they buried it under this change in sonics that couldn't help but throw you off.  Underneath, the substance is still the same.  The songs are still catchy as hell and top notch.  It's a great marriage of Jim Martin's guitar and Roddy Bottum's keyboards too.  They never managed a sound that consistent on anything afterwards.

What made that album great was conflict. Jim Martin was not happy with the direction the other guys were moving in, so he fought hard to keep the rock/metal elements there. Apparently there was a lot of fighting and whatnot during the recording sessions. The amazing thing, though, is that I think everyone fought so hard that it kind of forced them to produce the greatest collection of songs they ever recorded.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: New Faith No More album set for 2015   New Faith No More album set for 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 11:51 am

Eyesore wrote:
What made that album great was conflict. Jim Martin was not happy with the direction the other guys were moving in, so he fought hard to keep the rock/metal elements there. Apparently there was a lot of fighting and whatnot during the recording sessions. The amazing thing, though, is that I think everyone fought so hard that it kind of forced them to produce the greatest collection of songs they ever recorded.

So kids, the moral of the story is that your band will suck if you don't hate your bandmates. Hatred makes your music better. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Faith No More album set for 2015   New Faith No More album set for 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 12:53 pm

Runicen wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

So kids, the moral of the story is that your band will suck if you don't hate your bandmates.  Hatred makes your music better.  Laughing very hard

That theory worked for Dave and Eddie for YEARS!! Razz

PostSubject: Re: New Faith No More album set for 2015   New Faith No More album set for 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 1:12 pm

Angel Dust isn't that weird. At least nowhere near as weird as a lot of other music in my collection.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: New Faith No More album set for 2015   New Faith No More album set for 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 1:31 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
S.D. wrote:

I do like this album a lot.

"How much for a bus pass???? FU, I'll ride my board there an look better doing it." Or something to that affect.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Faith No More album set for 2015   New Faith No More album set for 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 3:40 pm

I think the pre-Real Thing albums are their weakest.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: New Faith No More album set for 2015   New Faith No More album set for 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 5:06 pm

I don't like the original singer at all. That guy had a very strange voice like a cross between a Tommy Chong and Baby Huey.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Faith No More album set for 2015   New Faith No More album set for 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 7:03 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I don't like the original singer at all. That guy had a very strange voice like a cross between a Tommy Chong and Baby Huey.

He's an acquired for sure.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: New Faith No More album set for 2015   New Faith No More album set for 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 12:15 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

If they had released Crack Hitler & Jizzlobber as the singles, I would buy this. But they went for Midlife Crisis & Easy which were both on massive MTV rotation.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: New Faith No More album set for 2015   New Faith No More album set for 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 12:19 am

Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

He's an acquired for sure.

Not really, you either like someone's voice or you don't. Patton is the reason I hate The Real Thing, Angel Dust was a lot better but still he annoyed me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Faith No More album set for 2015   New Faith No More album set for 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Faith No More album set for 2015
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next