Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Archives

Go down 
+22
martinsane
Headbanger Man
GrandNational
assault_attack
Sword Of The Heretic
corplhicks
metalhead777
Temple of Blood
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
sovdat
Thelemech
Vexer6
Eyesore
Required Fields
ultmetal
Lurideath
DeathCult
ze_mau
scottmitchell74
TrogDawn
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

Metal Archives - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Archives   Metal Archives - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 9:57 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
My orangeness has irritated the gods at Metal Archives:

Azmodes wrote:
What's with the orange, dude?

TrogDawn wrote:
Personal trademark. I've been posting in orange since I started frequenting forums in 2002.  You'll always remember me because I'm the guy who posts in orange  cheers 

Azmodes wrote:
No offense, but could you please stop it? It's pointless and a bit annoying to read. Thanks

Classic.  I haven't gotten any shit for posting in orange in a LONG time! Glad I can still upset the kiddos!  What a Face

You are obviously still posting in orange yes?
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Metal Archives   Metal Archives - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 2:39 am

Not just yet, but I certainly will  What a Face 
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

PostSubject: Re: Metal Archives   Metal Archives - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 7:15 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
Not just yet, but I certainly will  What a Face 

Certainly on the edge of my seat awaiting an update. Smile
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Metal Archives   Metal Archives - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 8:24 pm

I don't even bother with the forum, I don't possess the patience to get along with those wozzlepozzles.

The reviews on the other hand, are written in the same fashion as angry, angsty YouTube comments on metal videos. I find that the only reviewer I can really trust is autothrall. What's tragic is that most people actually take the reviews seriously and avoid a particular album just because a biased reviewer gave it a 40% because he has some grudge against Dave Mustaine, or the personalities behind Metallica, for example.

I also find the criteria for bands they allow/not allow to be really bizarre, because you know Agnostic Front deserves to be on there somewhere.

Like everyone else has said already, I just use the site as a reference point for a bands' discography. Oh, and the Upcoming Albums page is pretty useful as well.

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Metal Archives   Metal Archives - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 1:33 am

I usually avoid checking this website because reviews are sometimes so contradictory.

prefer NLTM and METAL METROPOLIS (which needs an urgent update by the way!).
Back to top Go down
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

Number of posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: Metal Archives   Metal Archives - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 9:08 pm

I go on there all the time to discover new bands and to read the reviews, which I find entertaining and funny (mostly to find users talking all the shit in the world about bands in their reviews).

I was considering going there and reviewing a few albums, but Metal Archives seems like one of those websites/forums that has been done to death and has had everything done to it and putting in any sort of further contributions would be 100% moot, so I haven't attempted to join because of that reason by itself.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

PostSubject: Re: Metal Archives   Metal Archives - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 9:48 pm

Icy Grave wrote:
I go on there all the time to discover new bands and to read the reviews, which I find entertaining and funny (mostly to find users talking all the shit in the world about bands in their reviews).

I was considering going there and reviewing a few albums, but Metal Archives seems like one of those websites/forums that has been done to death and has had everything done to it and putting in any sort of further contributions would be 100% moot, so I haven't attempted to join because of that reason by itself.

There are plenty of errors on the site and equally as much pertinent and valuable information to be added, HOWEVER, getting your changes posted is an effort in futility...

As the Dice would say, "kind of like masturbating with a cheese grater, mildly amusing, but mostly painful."
Back to top Go down
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

Number of posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: Metal Archives   Metal Archives - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 10:00 pm

martinsane wrote:
Icy Grave wrote:

There are plenty of errors on the site and equally as much pertinent and valuable information to be added, HOWEVER, getting your changes posted is an effort in futility...

As the Dice would say, "kind of like masturbating with a cheese grater, mildly amusing, but mostly painful."

I think masturbating with a cheese grater wouldn't be amusing at all. It'd just be unbearably agonizing. Though it'll be pleasing for the other person watching if the other person is, by all accounts, a sadist. I like my metal, but I don't consider myself a sadist in any sense of the word.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Archives   Metal Archives - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Archives
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3