Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Archives

Go down 
+22
martinsane
Headbanger Man
GrandNational
assault_attack
Sword Of The Heretic
corplhicks
metalhead777
Temple of Blood
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
sovdat
Thelemech
Vexer6
Eyesore
Required Fields
ultmetal
Lurideath
DeathCult
ze_mau
scottmitchell74
TrogDawn
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

Number of posts : 280

Metal Archives - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Archives   Metal Archives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 9:48 am

Lurideath wrote:
Good site for investigating bands, but their reviews are a F****** waste of time!!!!!!!

Wasting your time "in english" is better than wasting your time for time´s waste sake in my case ...

Last edited by ze_mau on Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

PostSubject: Re: Metal Archives   Metal Archives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 9:51 am

my question is: does Metal-Archives have a message board like this ? If it did I´d be interested to be subscribed in.
Back to top Go down
ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

PostSubject: Re: Metal Archives   Metal Archives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 9:53 am

Its Kind of weird to see bands like Alice in Chains and Bride there. But I think the requirement for a band to be on Metal-Archives is to have ate least "one" metal album released in their career.
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Metal Archives   Metal Archives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 9:54 am

well, ...

http://www.metal-archives.com/board/

Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Metal Archives   Metal Archives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 9:55 am

I use it as a discography reference but that's about all. Never even looked @ the forum or read many reviews.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

PostSubject: Re: Metal Archives   Metal Archives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 10:27 am

gotta get into the forum as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

PostSubject: Re: Metal Archives   Metal Archives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 11:32 am

I´m glad I´m still subscribed there. But lemme ask you then , what´s that with "elitism" you say that there´s to be found there ? never noticed such. anyways , the language on their board is seemingly slighly more "sophisticated" than here. its great , because its a challenge for me as an english learner ( a.k.a. Cockroach from Brasil ).

internet is really wonderful. I thank the gods for it.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Metal Archives   Metal Archives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 11:35 am

I frequently use the band pages over there, but the forum is kind of a waste.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Metal Archives   Metal Archives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 12:34 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
I was a member there, but the discussions on metal there are ridiculous. Also, I've received numerous emails from people telling me they wrote Ultimatum reviews there only to have them turned down by the elitists there. I've read the reviews and there was nothing wrong with them. There there is the fact that they have bands like Thin Lizzy, but won't add Kiss.
I'm a member, I wrote one review on there for Sonic Syndicate: We Rule The Night but haven't gotten around to writing any others.  I wouldn't call them "elitists" necessarily, but they do seem confused about genres, there are some bands that used to have pages on that site that no longer do, Rob Halford's "Two" being one of them.

While it's true there are some bad reviews on there, I think some are actually pretty well written(at least better then a lot of reviews by major critics anyways).

Did you ever write any reviews on there?

Here's mine:
http://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/Sonic_Syndicate/We_Rule_the_Night/268251/darkrage6/263514

No, never have. Some of the reviews are good. Never had a problem with their reviews. I do have a problem with the submitted reviews that they reject simply because they disagree or for whatever silly reason they give for rejecting someone's review.

It's the discussions on their board that I thought was ridiculous. I haven't been to their discussion board in years.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Metal Archives   Metal Archives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 12:51 pm

Great board. Great site. Easily one of the best metal sites on the net.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Metal Archives   Metal Archives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 1:44 pm

Site is good for a quick look over a bands discography and little facts about them, but aside from that it's pretty garbage. The majority of the community is so elitist that what gets into the site is hardly a matter of what is and is not metal, and more a matter of what the people making the decisions do or do not like.
Outside of times where I need a little information like a fast way to see release dates or current/past lineups, I avoid the place like the plague because of the community alone.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Metal Archives   Metal Archives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 12:13 pm

I enjoy it for research and tracking band members. Haven't been on the forum. I actually enjoy some of the reviews, though there tend to be those bloated, overlong, hyperbolic, amateur essays. Some of those guys need to chill.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Metal Archives   Metal Archives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 12:16 pm

Metal Archives - Page 2 30
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Metal Archives   Metal Archives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 12:33 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
Metal Archives - Page 2 30

Metal Archives - Page 2 647664 
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Metal Archives   Metal Archives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 5:59 pm

My orangeness has irritated the gods at Metal Archives:

Azmodes wrote:
What's with the orange, dude?

TrogDawn wrote:
Personal trademark. I've been posting in orange since I started frequenting forums in 2002.  You'll always remember me because I'm the guy who posts in orange  cheers 

Azmodes wrote:
No offense, but could you please stop it? It's pointless and a bit annoying to read. Thanks

Classic.  I haven't gotten any shit for posting in orange in a LONG time! Glad I can still upset the kiddos!  What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 605

PostSubject: Re: Metal Archives   Metal Archives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 6:12 pm

TrogDawn wrote:

Azmodes wrote:

TrogDawn wrote:
Personal trademark. I've been posting in orange since I started frequenting forums in 2002.  You'll always remember me because I'm the guy who posts in orange  cheers 

Azmodes wrote:
No offense, but could you please stop it? It's pointless and a bit annoying to read. Thanks

Classic.  I haven't gotten any shit for posting in orange in a LONG time! Glad I can still upset the kiddos!  What a Face
 Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Metal Archives   Metal Archives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 6:40 pm

What a Face
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Metal Archives   Metal Archives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 7:04 pm

corplhicks wrote:
I enjoy it for research and tracking band members. Haven't been on the forum. I actually enjoy some of the reviews,

Same here. I find the search for bands, albums & who played on them helpful.

I never even knew they had a forum.
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 605

PostSubject: Re: Metal Archives   Metal Archives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 7:34 pm

assault_attack wrote:
I never even knew they had a forum.

Don't worry. You ain't missing anything.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Metal Archives   Metal Archives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 1:26 am

I was a member once but they rejected every review I ever wrote, so f them.
Back to top Go down
Headbanger Man
Metal student
Metal student
Headbanger Man

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Metal Archives   Metal Archives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 8:43 am

Could someone quote some "elitist" stuff they have ever written there ? I don´t get this "elitist" thing about metal-archives ...
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Metal Archives   Metal Archives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 9:32 pm

I rarely go there for reasons mentioned. The crowd is certainly, well you get the idea.

I remember making correction on the Metal Church page once, they stated that the S/T European vinyl was the only place to find the song "Big Guns". So I posted or submitted that the song is also and originally available on the Ground Zero released cassette.

Needless to say my correction did not get posted and I received a pm from some nutter informing me that if I didn't have anything constructive to add to the forum I would be unceremoniously banned (baneed). Smile

I pm'd back with a photo of the cassette tape and informed the gent to ban away ( I paraphrase here as the exact content was not PG-13)... The correction wasn't made nor was I banned.?!

Here is the snippet from the page:
The original European vinyl version of this album (SPV/Steamhammer pressing) contains the bonus track "Big Guns" (03:19). This song is NOT available anywhere else. Metal Massacre V has "The Brave", not "Big Guns".

Whatever.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Metal Archives   Metal Archives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 10:42 pm

Headbanger Man wrote:
Could someone quote some "elitist" stuff they have ever written there ? I don´t get this "elitist" thing about metal-archives ...

I have written several reviews there with no problem, and have no problem with the forum.

Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Metal Archives   Metal Archives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 3:28 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Headbanger Man wrote:

I have written several reviews there with no problem, and have no problem with the forum.

Interesting, what's your username on that site?
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Metal Archives   Metal Archives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 4:12 pm

TrogDawn wrote:

Azmodes wrote:

TrogDawn wrote:

Azmodes wrote:

that is priceless.... No I'm not a member there... The info they have listed for some of the San Francisco bay area christian bands is completely inaccurate but it just seemed pointless to try and have someone correct it....

Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Archives   Metal Archives - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Archives
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next