Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Purchase Break

Go down 
+16
jstate
A Handful of Wayne
DallasBlack
nevermore
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
exact33
Lovecraft
chewie
manny
SAHB Healer
corplhicks
MetallicSeminarian
Fat Freddy
Runicen
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Purchase Break - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purchase Break   Purchase Break - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 3:20 pm

Gilbert wrote:
On my initial trip to paris last November, i came back with 42 cds and a metal church dvd. I said to myself that i will definitely not buy a lot more on my upcoming trip (which was last week) promising myself i would only buy a couple of cds i had spotted on my first trip... of course i came back with 46 cds. Help me. I am sick...

If i remember right music isnt readily available where you live right? I wouldnt see it as a sickness personally Smile though i gotta say 46 cds? I dont think my want list is that large
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: Purchase Break   Purchase Break - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 8:12 pm

I don't have that problem with music (altough some friends called me crazy for owning over 1100 CD's and about 320 Vinyls) but i know how it is when you buy and buy and buy and look back and go "I haven't even listened to all that stuff yet". I have that problem with computer games, of the around 260 games i bought since january 2016 i played maybe 50 properly. I basically went "cold turkey" now and said i won't buy a new game this year, so far i managed to refrain from buys for about 2 weeks and it's already getting hard seeing all the good deals everywhere Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Purchase Break   Purchase Break - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 8:48 pm

It is almost like an addiction isn't it? 

I used to buy about 20-30 CDs a month, not quite Eyesore territory but it still did a number on my credit card bill.  Then, like you and video games SA, I realized I hadn't properly listened to about 2/3 of my purchases so I decided to go back and do that. 

Two years later and I'm "cured".  I bought less than a dozen CDs and/or MP3 downloads last year and less than 5 so far this year.  I occupy my time creating "Best Of" comps or "thematic comps like Southern Rock".  Saves a bunch of money.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Purchase Break   Purchase Break - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 1:56 pm

tohostudios wrote:
It is almost like an addiction isn't it? 

I used to buy about 20-30 CDs a month, not quite Eyesore territory but it still did a number on my credit card bill.  Then, like you and video games SA, I realized I hadn't properly listened to about 2/3 of my purchases so I decided to go back and do that. 

Two years later and I'm "cured".  I bought less than a dozen CDs and/or MP3 downloads last year and less than 5 so far this year.  I occupy my time creating "Best Of" comps or "thematic comps like Southern Rock".  Saves a bunch of money.

i have cut back a lot and pretty much try out most stuff whereas i used to blind buy. I go more for mp3 downloads now. A lot more convenient and makes more sense given my phone is my primary method of listening now.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Purchase Break   Purchase Break - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Purchase Break
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3