Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA

Go down 
+26
CrookedCross
manny
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Coram Deo
MetallicSeminarian
Boris2008
ze_mau
jstate
Lurideath
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
nevermore
Vexer6
Thrasher73
Gilbert
mc666
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
corplhicks
DakotaRogers
Required Fields
ohwellmonkey
MetalRob331
Witchfinder
Chairman_Smith
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Coram Deo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Coram Deo

Number of posts : 254

EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA   EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 9:57 pm

last Exodus I bought was Impact. I thought the latest Hatriot album was really good. Shame to see that prob. hung up. Intersting to see what this will bring.
Back to top Go down
http://annoyedelephants.wordpress.com/
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7612

EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA   EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 10:05 pm

According to what I have been reading, Zetro plans to continue with Hatriot.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Coram Deo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Coram Deo

Number of posts : 254

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA   EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 10:12 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
According to what I have been reading, Zetro plans to continue with Hatriot.

Good, those guys are talented.
Back to top Go down
http://annoyedelephants.wordpress.com/
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA   EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 12:19 am

I just had to crank Bonded By Blood now, so I could remember that this band was EVER awesome.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA   EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 2:22 am

Chuck Billy & their management had a large part in this, i'll bet, being best buds with Zetro. Not to mention Gary's role in Slayer. Exodus has to be a money maker if he's to keep it going in the background while running around with Slayer.

I hope they don't go back to that "good times, comical, humourous" Anthrax style thrash they previously had with Zetro. I really liked the seriousness & intensity that the Dukes era had.

Dukes has handled this whole thing with class btw. He could have been a total dick about this. He'd be justified too.

Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA   EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 2:26 am

mc666 wrote:
Chuck Billy & their management had a large part in this, i'll bet, being best buds with Zetro. Not to mention Gary's role in Slayer. Exodus has to be a money maker if he's to keep it going in the background while running around with Slayer.

I hope they don't go back to that "good times, comical, humourous" Anthrax style thrash they previously had with Zetro. I really liked the seriousness & intensity that the Dukes era had.

Dukes has handled this whole thing with class btw. He could have been a total dick about this. He'd be justified too.
The Souza era had seriousness as well with Tempo Of The Damned.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA   EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 2:53 am

Vexer6 wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Ok, maybe the last album with him... which Gary claims had to be directed to him on how they wanted it. No more "stupid Bon Scott impersonations".

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA   EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 3:03 am

mc666 wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Ok, maybe the last album with him... which Gary claims had to be directed to him on how they wanted it. No more "stupid Bon Scott impersonations".

As much as I adore Fabulous Disaster, that AC/DC cover was just unnecessary, as well as Lowrider.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA   EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 3:20 am

mc666 wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
mc666 wrote:

He never came across as a Bon Scott "impersonator" to me.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA   EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 6:47 am

I have Exodus twice, and both times were with Rob Dukes. He had zero in the way of charisma but he did an excellent job thou I prefer to have Souza back
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA   EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 9:44 am

corplhicks wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
mc666 wrote:

As much as I adore Fabulous Disaster, that AC/DC cover was just unnecessary, as well as Lowrider.

Ehhh, I like the AC/DC cover AND the cover of Lowrider!

There was a time when music was fun and not serious, angry and depressing. It's music not rocket science.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37648

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA   EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 9:50 am

Inspired by this news, I dusted off my Fabulous Disaster CD for the first time in a while. The "Low Rider" cover is still a hoot!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39597

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA   EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 10:01 am

ultmetal wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Ehhh, I like the AC/DC cover AND the cover of Lowrider!

There was a time when music was fun and not serious, angry and depressing. It's music not rocket science.

Agreed. Those (and Bitch and Pump It Up) are great covers.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA   EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 12:19 pm

Dukes seems like a nice guy. He grew on me, but he still sings a bit too monotone. Souza is much, much better but someone needs to do some editing of some of his lyrics. Not sure Gary's qualified because his are stupid too at times.

Even the worst Zetro albums are better than the best Dukes albums. I did really like the song "I am Abomination" though.
Back to top Go down
CrookedCross
Metal novice
Metal novice
CrookedCross

Number of posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA   EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 3:44 pm

I'm looking forward to see how this all works out with the new album, I was kinda on the fence with Dukes at first but grew to like him and the past few albums which have been pretty sick.
Back to top Go down
exanimate
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA   EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 6:40 pm

Not really sure how I feel about this.

I really like the Duke's albums. Exhibit A is one of my favorite releases of the past few years.

I also thought that they were great when I saw them live last year.

I fully expected Dukes to be bitter in the press about it, but he showed a lot of class with his statement.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/jbeter
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA   EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 10:08 am

I'm gonna have to break out Tempo of the Damned and give it a fresh spin to determine whether I care or not about Zetro coming back. I'll always enjoy their old material, but I'm not sure if I'm interested in new material anymore from this band.

Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA   EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 6:51 pm

Really surprising news. I wasn't very interested in the new album but now I am! Gary Holt must have gotten a listen of the new Hatriot and realized what he was missing. I'm glad that Hatriot is still going to continue!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA   EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 8:34 pm

I wonder if Dukes will start a new band called Exodus???

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA   EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 11:47 pm

I've only recently started acquiring Exodus's albums, mainly because I'm not the biggest fan of Souza's voice. Wasn't, anyway. I really got into the Hatriot albums, so I figured I'd give Exodus a go.

I'm no expert, obviously, but from what I've heard, I like the Dukes albums better. What albums I have, anyway. He's definitely more of a hardcore-type vocalist, but that's what I grew up on so it works for me.

I only own Blood In Blood Out, Exhibit A: The Atrocity Exhibition, Exhibit B: The Human Condition, Shovel Headed Kill Machine, and Tempo Of The Damned, so maybe my opinion will change once I delve deeper into their back catalog.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA   EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EXODUS Parts Ways With Singer ROB DUKES, Welcomes Back STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2