Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's Steve Souza up to nowadays?

Go down 
+3
ultmetal
KissinMaiden
mc666
7 posters
AuthorMessage

What's Steve Souza up to nowadays? Empty
PostSubject: What's Steve Souza up to nowadays?   What's Steve Souza up to nowadays? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 11:49 pm

Man I was so thrilled to get "Tempo of the Damned" by Exodus and hear Steve Souza again (one of my favorite vocalists - any genre). I was so disappointed to see him go so soon though. I guess he had his reasons, though I'm not sure what happened. Anyone know?

Also, does/is Steve planning on doing anything else musically? Is he involved with any other projects/bands? It would be cool if he released a solo album. There's not many solo thrash artists though.

Anyway - who here likes Steve Souza? Who here knows anything about his current state?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: What's Steve Souza up to nowadays?   What's Steve Souza up to nowadays? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 12:36 am

he just did that Dublin Death Patrol album with Chuck Billy .

KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: What's Steve Souza up to nowadays?   What's Steve Souza up to nowadays? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 5:25 am

I liked the DDP album especially the covers.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: What's Steve Souza up to nowadays?   What's Steve Souza up to nowadays? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 8:05 am

A few years ago he also sang a couple songs on the Testment CD First Strike Still Deadly

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: What's Steve Souza up to nowadays?   What's Steve Souza up to nowadays? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 8:43 am

His Alone in the Dark is pretty awesome.

PostSubject: Re: What's Steve Souza up to nowadays?   What's Steve Souza up to nowadays? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 1:09 pm

Cool thanks guys! Yeah, "First Strike Still Deadly" is killer!!!

Had no idea about Dublin Death Patrol. Is that a band? I'll have to look into them.

Thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: What's Steve Souza up to nowadays?   What's Steve Souza up to nowadays? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 1:11 pm

http://www.bnrmetal.com/v2/search.php?name=Dublin+Death+Patrol

PostSubject: Re: What's Steve Souza up to nowadays?   What's Steve Souza up to nowadays? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 1:13 pm

Man, I'm gonna have to get that album! I hope it's not just a 'one off' project. From the sounds of it it's pretty good!!!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: What's Steve Souza up to nowadays?   What's Steve Souza up to nowadays? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 4:46 pm

I really like Steve's voice, especially on TOTD and FSSD. He sounded better than ever IMHO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's Steve Souza up to nowadays?   What's Steve Souza up to nowadays? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 6:44 pm

My favorite work Steve has ever done is still on Exodus' "Fabulous Disaster" ... that's just an incredible slab of thrash. I was addicted to that cd when I was 17.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28453

PostSubject: Re: What's Steve Souza up to nowadays?   What's Steve Souza up to nowadays? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 7:00 pm

Pleasures of the Flesh is awesome, a very underrated album. I like Zetro as well, I hope he is doing OK these days.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: What's Steve Souza up to nowadays?   What's Steve Souza up to nowadays? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 8:53 pm

Zetro is probably my fave thrash vocalist.I wish he had stayed with Exodus
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's Steve Souza up to nowadays?   What's Steve Souza up to nowadays? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 1:09 am

thrasher73 wrote:
Zetro is probably my fave thrash vocalist.I wish he had stayed with Exodus

That makes two of us. Rob Dukes is good ... but he doesn't hold a candle to ole' Stevie boy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's Steve Souza up to nowadays?   What's Steve Souza up to nowadays? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's Steve Souza up to nowadays?
Page 1 of 1