Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Offical Black Sabbath Thread

Go down 
+10
candlemass
Lurideath
spiritoradio
SAHB Healer
iamrockerfun
TrogDawn
Required Fields
ultmetal
krokus
Chairman_Smith
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Offical Black Sabbath Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offical Black Sabbath Thread   Offical Black Sabbath Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 8:49 am

candlemass wrote:

Dio is the undisputable far superior singer, as much as I have argued w/Trozzy, I prefer the Ozzy era Sabbath, it did have the "Magick", Ozzy was the perfect "mad prophet in the wilderness" screaming out the apocalypse ! 🤘

Setting aside my opinions on Oozy, I just don't hear the "magic" of early Sabbath. The only old album I can listen to from beginning to end is the first one. Excellent playing by Iommi on that one.
Warning: Unpopular opinion ahead.
They weren't a consistent band until Ozzy left. I am not saying that Ozzy was the reason, however, I think RJD really gave that band a direction and helped them become one of the biggest metal bands.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Offical Black Sabbath Thread   Offical Black Sabbath Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 9:46 am

WTF???????????! Those first six are some of the best lp's in the history of HR/HM! angry
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

PostSubject: Re: Offical Black Sabbath Thread   Offical Black Sabbath Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 9:54 am

candlemass wrote:
WTF???????????! Those first six are some of the best lp's in the history of HR/HM! angry

Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Offical Black Sabbath Thread   Offical Black Sabbath Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 12:49 pm

I bought BLack Sabbath to Sabbath Bloody Sabbath. The only one who's missing is Paranoid. Why? 'Cuz my brother have a copie of the CD but I'll buy it.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: Offical Black Sabbath Thread   Offical Black Sabbath Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 1:11 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Sabbath is my all time favorite band as well. They made only 2 albums I cannot stand, but the rest are all genius!

As far as Ozzy and Sabbath making another album, they have already stated they are going to do so AFTER the Heaven and Hell tour.

Let me guess which two: Forbidden and Never Say Die.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Offical Black Sabbath Thread   Offical Black Sabbath Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 1:12 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Lurideath wrote:
Sabbath is my all time favorite band as well. They made only 2 albums I cannot stand, but the rest are all genius!

As far as Ozzy and Sabbath making another album, they have already stated they are going to do so AFTER the Heaven and Hell tour.

Let me guess which two: Forbidden and Never Say Die.

Never Say Die and Technical Esctasy are both decent albums, i don't know why people hate them so much.

Forbidden is the only Sabbath disk I haven't gotten through...
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Offical Black Sabbath Thread   Offical Black Sabbath Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 1:30 pm

spiritoradio wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Was just listening to "Master of Reality" today.

This was my first and probably favorite Sabbath album. Awesome stuff.

Why is everyone on an Ozzy sucks kick. I know Ozzy isn't a fantastic vocalist and he jumps around on stage like a crazy, but he's an innovator that co-created an entire genre of music. Yes he is not as good of a singer as RJD, but there aren't many people who are. I just feel that all of a sudden Ozzy is getting a bad rep on this board lately.

I feel the same!
And I also agree with Trog, that Black Sabbath with Ozzy was magic!!!!
And to claim that RJD is the reason for Sabbath beeing a great Metal band is not an opinion, no matter if you like Ozzy or not, you can`t deny his important role in Sabbath and in Metal history!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Offical Black Sabbath Thread   Offical Black Sabbath Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 1:34 pm

Criss Angel is magic too. I'm just sayin..... Smile
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Offical Black Sabbath Thread   Offical Black Sabbath Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 1:40 pm

spectrefate wrote:

lol!
The new magic Metal project Crizz and Ossi
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Offical Black Sabbath Thread   Offical Black Sabbath Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 2:22 pm

Olafsto wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

lol!
The new magic Metal project Crizz and Ossi

Whatever happened to the Criss Angel/Clay Scott project?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Offical Black Sabbath Thread   Offical Black Sabbath Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 12:35 pm

My first introduction to Black Sabbath was the Ozzy material which I have nothing bad to say about. However, after hearing the Dio era material several years ago (I knew that Dio replaced Ozzy but for some dumb reason never went back to listen to any of it) I must say that the Dio years are the most solid (mainly due to Dio being a much better singer than Ozzy) in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Offical Black Sabbath Thread   Offical Black Sabbath Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 2:08 pm

I listen to Sabbath basically everyday, but I just realised I havn't got a single live album, I do have the Never Say Die DVD however. I prefer the Ozzy years, favourite Sabbath album right now is probably M.O.R, but can anyone suggest any live Ozzy era albums?
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Offical Black Sabbath Thread   Offical Black Sabbath Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 4:27 pm

Dimedude23 wrote:
can anyone suggest any live Ozzy era albums?

"Live at Last" is a decent enough live disc. A few years ago they re-released "Live at Last" with another live Ozzy-era disc and called it "Past Lives" that would be the one I would get. They also released a "newer" live album when the reunited called "Reunion"(very original), which is pretty good. So far besides some bootlegs those are the only Ozzy-era options.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Offical Black Sabbath Thread   Offical Black Sabbath Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 5:19 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
Never Say Die and Technical Esctasy are both decent albums, i don't know why people hate them so much.
Same here. I'll take Sabbath's weakest efforts over most bands' strongest anyday. Offical Black Sabbath Thread - Page 2 309780
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Offical Black Sabbath Thread   Offical Black Sabbath Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 7:18 pm

Dimedude23 wrote:
can anyone suggest any live Ozzy era albums?
Live at Last is not bad at all, though it was an unsanctioned release when it came out in 1980. Classic era caught live, complete with massive feedenbakken courtesy of Mr. Iommi at the start of every song! 🤘

The Past Lives comp finally saw the release of Live at Last officially (and remastered) with the band's approval, along with a second disc of selected cuts from arguably the best two Sabbath boots I personally have ever heard: Live at the Olympia Theater, Paris 1970 and Live in Asbury Park, NJ 1975 (which was originally recorded for the King Biscuit Flower Hour). The only thing that sucks about the boot material on Past Lives is the fact that extra crowd noise was added to the 1970 show in order to make it sound bigger than it was. Also, there isn't nearly enough from both of these classic recordings to fully satisfy. If you can get original versions of both of these boots, go for those instead.

Then there's the Reunion 2cd set from the tour back in 1998. This is cool because the material was recorded in their hometown of Birmingham, but it doesn't quite have the energy of the earlier recordings, obviously. Still a good release though.

Other than those official releases, there are tons of Ozzy era Sabbath boots available for download over at the Deep Purple Hub, along with boots from every era of the band.

Here's a link for those interested: http://deeppurplehub.proboards31.com/

You have to register a free account and then make sure you post "thank you" notes in the individual threads for everything you take - they're big on gratitude there. Then, once you get the hang of it after a while and build up your collection, they encourage you to post boots you might have in your collection for the benefit of the community. They have a lot of rules about what is ok to post and what's not (i.e. nothing officially releaseed in any way shape or form), but it's a pretty decent place with a ton of cool, unofficial demo and live material available for free.
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Offical Black Sabbath Thread   Offical Black Sabbath Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Offical Black Sabbath Thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: