Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ace Frehley - Space Invader

Go down 
+23
Runicen
brokentulsa
glassprison
Lovecraft
iamrockerfun
corplhicks
bass63
James B.
nevermore
stpatrik
manny
exact33
Glower
ZombieHavoc
Metal Misfit
thejokeriv
deathisgain
Witchfinder
Big Rich
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 12:09 pm

This is a really good release. I'm not sure if it's better than Anomaly since I've only given it a couple spins but we'll see as time passes.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 12:38 pm

So after some more listens i think this is better than Anomaly and Monster. It is such a shame Paul, Gene and Ace cannot co-exist together in the same band.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 2:16 pm

exact33 wrote:
So after some more listens i think this is better than Anomaly and Monster. It is such a shame Paul, Gene and Ace cannot co-exist together in the same band.

Just think of how much better Psycho Circus could have been if they had just written and recorded as a band rather than trying to get hits with songwriters and big name producers.

I also agree, Space Invader is very good.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 4:26 pm

Definitely better than Anomaly in my view. Probably in large part because I prefer Gene and Paul on vocals, I still like Monster better, but overall the song writing is about on par. It's been a great couple of years for KISS fans I think!
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 4:41 pm

I am loving this - I think this is the best he has done since the 70s solo album.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 5:18 pm

ultmetal wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Just think of how much better Psycho Circus could have been if they had just written and recorded as a band rather than trying to get hits with songwriters and big name producers.

it really is a good illustration of cutting off the nose to spite the face.

Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 9:50 pm

ultmetal wrote:
exact33 wrote:

It wasn't so much that they were trying to get hits necessarily, it's more that the band felt they chose the wrong producer for the project.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 11:20 am

This will be another to make my Top 10 for the year. I played the heck out of this over the weekend.

I love at the end of 'Starship' when he calls out "Has anyone seen George Jetson?" then cracks up laughing. It's just so...Ace.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 11:40 am

Pleasant surprise as to how enjoyable this release is. Go ACE !

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 12:23 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
exact33 wrote:

It wasn't so much that they were trying to get hits necessarily, it's more that the band felt they chose the wrong producer for the project.

Ace and Peter felt they chose the wrong producer. Paul and Gene were looking for radio hits, thus the recording of a Diane Warren song. Aerosmith had just had big success with a Warren song, so why not Kiss with Peter Criss, know for his hit Beth. According to Ace's book he submitted a ton of idea for the record but only the one song was used, and it's one of the best songs on Psycho Circus. Of course in hindsight Paul and Gene say it was the wrong producer, but they certainly didn't think that at the time it was being recorded. They picked a big name producer to get them big results.

Really, it should have been the band in a studio hashing out songs together as a reunited band rather than the Paul and Gene show. One can only imagine what might have transpired.

Not that I don't like Psycho Circus. I do like it, especially the title track, Into the Void and Raise Your Glasses, but I just wonder what it could have been.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 8:53 pm

James B. wrote:
Pleasant surprise as to how enjoyable this release is.  Go ACE !

yep. this is a MONSTER of an album!

ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 11:31 am

There's a single in iTunes, Amazon, Spotify, etc., called "Rise Up (Back from the Grave)" by "Ace Frehley & Kris Randall". I just listened to it, it's an okay song, but I can't figure out why it's there and where it came from? The release date says 8/25/14.

Anyone know?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 11:33 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
There's a single in iTunes, Amazon, Spotify, etc., called "Rise Up (Back from the Grave)" by "Ace Frehley & Kris Randall". I just listened to it, it's an okay song, but I can't figure out why it's there and where it came from? The release date says 8/25/14.

Anyone know?

http://www.kissfaq.com/forum11/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=97202
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 11:37 am

Witchfinder wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:

Anyone know?

Thanks. A quick scan through of the thread there didn't say exactly what it was...but I guess that means, no one really knows. Just a an okay song hanging around. No harm in that.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 11:39 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:

Anyone know?

Thanks. A quick scan through of the thread there didn't say exactly what it was...but I guess that means, no one really knows. Just a an okay song hanging around. No harm in that.

Yeah. Great speculation in that thread about it though!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 12:04 am

As an Ace fan, totally disappointed after hearing all of the "Space Invader" album.
Hard to find songs on this I want to listen to again.
Ace's "Anomaly" LP was perfect or near perfect.
What happened??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ace Frehley - Space Invader
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4