Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ace Frehley - Space Invader

Go down 
+23
Runicen
brokentulsa
glassprison
Lovecraft
iamrockerfun
corplhicks
bass63
James B.
nevermore
stpatrik
manny
exact33
Glower
ZombieHavoc
Metal Misfit
thejokeriv
deathisgain
Witchfinder
Big Rich
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 11:45 pm

That's prime Ace. Very catchy.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 5:12 am

very well done but i've heard some voice tunning ? am i right ?
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 8:09 am

Sounds like prime Ace to me!
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3178

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 8:23 am

I was always curious when I heard about Ace's house fire -
and the news spoke about money problems -
he's certainly no stranger to trouble-
I loved his book - a lot of read between the lines -
Happy to hear he's back on track with a new cd !
That chick - that Ace is singing about - wow- he's playing with fire for sure -
What a upbeat tune - " I just want to celebrate " -how can you not feel happy for him !
It sounds like a perfect summer-time release for die hard fans to blast in cars across the USA !
 cheers
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 10:36 am

That song kicks ass!

I can't believe we will have this album in less than a month. So stoked!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 4:33 pm

Metal student
Metal student
Lovecraft

Number of posts : 120

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 5:21 pm

Sounds good.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 3:33 pm

Release date has been delayed till August. Dang.

Blabbermouth wrote:
"Space Invader", the first new solo album from original KISS guitarist Ace Frehley in five years, will has had its North American release date pushed back to August 19 from the previously announced June 24 via Entertainment One Music (eOne Music).

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 11:04 am

Well that stinks. Wonder what the hold-up is? Oh well, at least it's only another month or so.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 11:14 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Well that stinks. Wonder what the hold-up is?

Ace is never on time for anything Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 8:28 am

I'm kinda bummed that we have not been listening to this album all week.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 10:31 am

Next week, folks. In the mean time, have a listen to 'The Joker'

https://soundcloud.com/eone-music/ace-frehley-the-joker

The Deluxe edition with 2 bonus tracks and a poster will be on sale at Best Buy for $11.99 starting Tuesday (regular ed. for $9.99). Get 'em quick!!

Ack!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 10:36 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Next week, folks. In the mean time, have a listen to 'The Joker'

https://soundcloud.com/eone-music/ace-frehley-the-joker

The Deluxe edition with 2 bonus tracks and a poster will be on sale at Best Buy for $11.99 starting Tuesday (regular ed. for $9.99). Get 'em quick!!

Ack!

It appears that the 2 bonus tracks are just "radio edits" (whatever that means here, as I don't know what radio stations would be playing this--I mean, probably the Boneyard, but you know) of 2 songs from the album.

Unless there is another edition I am not seeing.

However, the "Space Invader" logo on the deluxe edition cover looks much cooler than the regular version.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 10:44 am

Yea, the cover on the deluxe is a little different. I don't think the bonus tracks are all that essential. Just throwing the info out there anyway.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 10:46 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Yea, the cover on the deluxe is a little different. I don't think the bonus tracks are all that essential. Just throwing the info out there anyway.

No harm there...I just wanted to mention it. I had been intending to investigate the bonus track situation anyway, prior to blindly pre-ordering from Amazon.

I try to purposely buy the non-bonus track editions of stuff now, in protest...but for Ace, I would want any songs available (same with Kiss and Alice Cooper).
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 11:02 am

I did it because of a discussion with Ult about the last Overkill album. He pre-ordered it and got the "regular" edition, not knowing their was a deluxe with bonus tracks available. I wouldn't want any fans to make that mistake again.  Wink

I'm on the fence about it myself. Chances are, I'll get the deluxe version anyway, even if the bonus tracks are lame. Demo versions and radio edits aren't a bonus to me. Gimme extra tracks, like Priest did.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 11:07 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I did it because of a discussion with Ult about the last Overkill album. He pre-ordered it and got the "regular" edition, not knowing their was a deluxe with bonus tracks available. I wouldn't want any fans to make that mistake again.  Wink

I did this when Alice's Welcome 2 My Nightmare came out. I pre-ordered it day one. Then when it arrived, I saw people posting about copies w/ bonus tracks. And not only that, there were multiple versions with bonus tracks. And damn if I did not have one with zero extra tracks.

I ended up giving that copy to my mom and using a Best Buy gift card to buy their version, and iTunes gift card to get their version (which was the best version). In the end, though, especially since using gift cards, I have no problem throwing money at The Coop. Ha. But I really hate the bonus tracks trend. And I really hate when there are multiple version.

I feel like they'd make more money by releasing only a regular edition of the album, and then a few months from now take those bonus tracks and putting out an EP. I assume more people would buy an EP than they would buy multiple copies of the same record, right?

And in the case of Alice, he had 3 tunes, I think, plus some live tracks. That would not make a bad EP in itself at all. Something like "The Nightmare Continues" or whatever. Something more clever than that.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 11:38 am

Hmmmm, there seems to be a discrepancy in the reporting of the deluxe track listing, specifically the bonus tracks.

Blabbermouth's version:
Limited digipack CD including 2 bonus tracks and poster

01. Space Invader
02. Gimme A Feelin' (radio edit)
03. I Wanna Hold You
04. Change
05. Toys
06. Immortal Pleasures
07. Inside The Vortex
08. What Every Girl Wants
09. Past The Milky Way
10. Reckless
11. The Joker
12. Starship

Bonus tracks:
13. The Joker (extended version)
14. Reckless (different remix version)

Best Buy's version:

1. Space Invader
2. Gimme A Feelin’
3. I Wanna Hold You
4. Change
5. Toys
6. Immortal Pleasures
7. Inside The Vortex
8. What Every Girl Wants
9. Past The Milky Way
10. Reckless
11. The Joker
12. Starship

13. Gimme A Feelin’ [Radio Edit]
14. Space Invader [Radio Edit]

So which is it?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 11:39 am

The vinyl edition will actually have the most bonus material, probably just to fill side 4:

The Joker (extended version)
Reckless (remix version)
Space Invader (radio edit)
Gimme a Feelin' (explicit version)

None of these seem all that essential. I would've preferred some live material or acoustic versions; but I'll try and get the digi-pack version with the first two tracks listed above.

Looking forward to next week: seeing KISS on Sunday, and getting this on Tuesday!

Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 12:05 pm

I am going with the regular version cd..glad to see it will be at best buy because they are literally just a couple of blocks from my apartment...
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 12:12 pm

Quote :
Blabbermouth's version:
Limited digipack CD including 2 bonus tracks and poster

01. Space Invader
02. Gimme A Feelin' (radio edit)
03. I Wanna Hold You
04. Change
05. Toys
06. Immortal Pleasures
07. Inside The Vortex
08. What Every Girl Wants
09. Past The Milky Way
10. Reckless
11. The Joker
12. Starship

Bonus tracks:
13. The Joker (extended version)
14. Reckless (different remix version)

This one looks odd: it will only have the "radio edit" version of the lead single (track 2)?!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 12:18 pm

Ace was on "The Tonight Show" last night, sitting in with Jimmy Fallon's "house band," the Roots...when they came back from a commercial break they were playing "2000 Man."

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 12:53 pm

I dig the first full tune heard from this album, "Gimme A Feelin" The other day I heard the full version of "The Joker" and it isn't very good. Ace has a knack for making cover tunes his own. Oh well. Still looking forward to hearing the album.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 12:56 pm

Seeing as how the bonus tracks are lame I'll just be getting the regular edition. Still, really looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 1:09 pm

Quote :
The other day I heard the full version of "The Joker" and it isn't very good.

Yeah, not sure I need an "extended version" of this. It's ok, but I've never cared much for his covers.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ace Frehley - Space Invader
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next