Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ace Frehley - Space Invader

Go down 
+23
Runicen
brokentulsa
glassprison
Lovecraft
iamrockerfun
corplhicks
bass63
James B.
nevermore
stpatrik
manny
exact33
Glower
ZombieHavoc
Metal Misfit
thejokeriv
deathisgain
Witchfinder
Big Rich
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Ace Frehley - Space Invader Empty
PostSubject: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 11:01 am

I think the new Ace album info is buried in the Official KISS thread somewhere. That won't do. The Spaceman needs his own thread...

Ace Frehley - Space Invader Acefrehleyspaceinvadercover

Original KISS guitarist Ace Frehley will release "Space Invader", his first new solo album in five years, via Entertainment One Music (eOne Music) on June 24 August 19th. The CD, which will be released in Europe on July 7 through SPV/Steamhammer, will include at least nine brand new original songs as well as a cover of Steve Miller's "The Joker". This album is the first release under Frehley's new universal deal on eOne Music. Joining Frehley in the studio for some of the "Space Invader" sessions were drummer Matt Starr (BURNING RAIN) and bassist Chris Wyse (THE CULT, OWL).

The "Space Invader" cover artwork was created by Frehley's longtime friend, artist Ken Kelly, who designed the iconic cover art for two of KISS' best-selling LPs "Destroyer" (1976) and "Love Gun" (1977). Ken says: "It was very exciting when I was approached with the idea of doing an album cover for Ace."

Kelly, who is also widely known for his paintings in the sword and sorcery and heroic fantasy subgenres, most notably for the Conan The Barbarian novels, continues: "I had spoken to Ace on a few occasions about the possibility, so I was delighted when it actually happened.

"I am very pleased with the results and proud to play a part of Ace's continuing successful career!"

Frehley adds: "I've been talking with Ken Kelly since 2007 about painting a CD cover for me and it has finally happened! I couldn't be more excited about the new 'Space Invader' cover, and the music behind it is also going to rock your world!"

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:41 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Changed the release date)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 11:17 am

Bring it on, Ace!
Cool cover. Kinda kitschy/70s retro.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 11:20 am

No brainer. I will be getting this. Ace has not disappointed yet.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 11:33 am

Looking forward to it. Ace rules!

More than halfway through Paul's book and he puts down Peter and Ace at every possible moment. He berates them as people and as musicians. I'm sure much of what he says is probably true, but at the same time, Ace is the only one of the four that has done anything noteworthy outside of Kiss.

Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 675

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 1:18 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Looking forward to it. Ace rules!

More than halfway through Paul's book and he puts down Peter and Ace at every possible moment. He berates them as people and as musicians. I'm sure much of what he says is probably true, but at the same time, Ace is the only one of the four that has done anything noteworthy outside of Kiss.

I've always though Ace was the true Rock and Roll guy in Kiss. has that attitude that the others lacked, imo.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 1:20 pm

I'll pick it up. Ace may be a drunk and a buffoon, but he usually delivers good albums.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 1:27 pm

Ken Kelly FTW!
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 1:39 pm

Will do the Amazon pre-order on this one!
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 1:40 pm

Very cool cover. Looking forward to hearing to this one.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 1:42 pm

Gene & Paul were all about being "famous", "stars", etc. Rock and roll was just their way to get there.

Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 675

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 1:51 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Gene & Paul were all about being "famous", "stars", etc. Rock and roll was just their way to get there.

Agreed, where as Ace had the true R&R attitude, imo.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 2:49 pm

Killer cover.

I'm so stoked on this album. Not too stoked on the Steve Miller cover, as I don't care much for that band to begin with, and that song is way too overplayed. But if anyone can make me dig it, it will be Ace.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3178

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 2:56 pm

I hear he's doing a cover version of Steve Miller's " The Joker "  !
It'll be interesting to hear - and that's it's not a 12 year wait - or whatever it was -
That was the cool thing with KISS - an lp every 7 months - pow - pow -
but then Dynasty - plop - Unmasked - fizz - Elder - gag -
Ace's is very angry at Gene and Paul - and he's going to be writing a follow up book -
" I know all their dirty secrets " - he said. That should be  study a great read !
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 8:58 pm

cool cover and this a must for me.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 10:11 pm

I am looking forward to the album
Back to top Go down
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 1:42 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Ace is the only one of the four that has done anything noteworthy outside of Kiss.

Apart from Paul's ´78 album, I completely agree. In fact I think Ace is way too talented to be restricted by boundaries laid down by you-know-who in Kiss and I prefer him solo.

That cover is killer - I might be getting this on vinyl. Anomaly was great!

Here's a nice "Fractured" compilation someone threw up on YouTube:

Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3178

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 1:36 pm

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 6:30 pm

Nice interview with Ace in the new issue of Guitar World. Where he expresses some of his feelings about some of the recent stupid comments made by Paul Stanley.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 9:03 pm

nevermore wrote:
Nice interview with Ace in the new issue of Guitar World. Where he expresses some of his feelings about some of the recent stupid comments made by Paul Stanley.

Laughing very hard 

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 12:01 pm

dig the B/W photo w/ blue sunglasses

As to the tune, cool dirty 70's guitar tone.  Lot's of Aceisms cool

Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 12:58 pm

I just listened to the new song. Good stuff  headbanger 
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 1:03 pm

Very good. Certainly sounds like an Ace tune !
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 1:20 pm

007 wrote:
Very good. Certainly sounds like an Ace tune !

Ditto. Pretty much what I've come to expect. Nothing more, nothing less.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 2:12 pm

Sounds pretty good!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 8:14 pm

sounds good!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ace Frehley - Space Invader
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next