Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ace Frehley - Space Invader

Go down 
+23
Runicen
brokentulsa
glassprison
Lovecraft
iamrockerfun
corplhicks
bass63
James B.
nevermore
stpatrik
manny
exact33
Glower
ZombieHavoc
Metal Misfit
thejokeriv
deathisgain
Witchfinder
Big Rich
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 1:12 pm

By contrast, "Past the Milky Way" sounds awesome!

Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3178

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 1:33 pm

His voice is so super unique - on Facebook - Ace put up a photo of himself, in make-up with Robin Willams next to him - around 1978 photo - and a sweet thing sentence for his faimly and friends -
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 2:25 pm

I've always friggin hated that Steve Miller song ("The Joker")...what an awful choice for a cover!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 2:28 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I've always friggin hated that Steve Miller song ("The Joker")...what an awful choice for a cover!

I don't like the song either. I listened to Ace's version posted here though, and it's not bad. Way better than the original.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 2:29 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

I was about to say the same thing!!!! I hate that f**kin' song!!! angry angry angry 
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 5:15 pm

I loved that song - when it first came out - and I was very young -
I thought it was a bold song - basically saying he smokes pot - OOOoooohhhhhh LOL -
I think " Crocodile Rock " was also happening that year - had the 45 - damn I'm old !
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 9:17 am

after one spin, have to say it's normal nothing surprisingly blow out. standard hard rock as was set on anomaly. definately never better than '78 solo release.
BUT much better than Kiss "Crapster" !
more speed more hard more beat more voice more everything.
Ace was right SI will beat in all way Kiss last release "Crapster"
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 9:17 am

It seems Ace will also be joining the motley of groups releasing an album of covers:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ace-fr ... next-album

Quote :
ACE FREHLEY Wants GENE SIMMONS To Guest On His Next Album

August 14, 2014

Original KISS guitarist Ace Frehley, who releases his latest solo album, "Space Invader", on Tuesday (August 19), recently revealed that he plans to put out a collection of covers and remakes featuring guest stars like Lita Ford, Slash (GUNS N' ROSES) and Mike McCready (PEARL JAM). Well, it turns out Ace has another guest he wants to get on the set and it might surprise you who it is.

"I was thinking of asking [KISS bassist/vocalist] Gene [Simmons] to play bass on one track, and I'm not going to say which one. That'll be a surprise," Ace told VH1 Radio Network's Dave Basner.

With all the back-and-forth in the media between Ace and his former KISS bandmates over the past year, VH1 Radio Network asked Frehley if he thinks Gene would accept his invitation.

"I think he'd consider it," Ace said. "I don't know if he'd do it. Maybe [KISS guitarist/vocalist] Paul [Stanley] won't let him. Who knows?"

In a recent interview with The Tampa Tribune, Simmons was asked if KISS would ever consider reuniting with Frehley and original drummer Peter Criss (drums) "if they ever cleaned up their act." "Not a chance," he replied. "We've already danced that dance three different times. No way will we reunite. It wouldn't be fair to [current KISS members] Tommy [Thayer, guitar] and Eric [Singer, drums]. It wouldn't be right."

Although all four original members of KISS came backstage at the Rock Hall induction for photo ops, Frehley was the only member to come back and talk to the press. Asked how he felt about Ace speaking to the media after KISS posed for photos as a group, Gene said: "His demons are his own. He leads a Jekyll-and-Hyde sort of existence. He has a new album coming out, and I wish him well. I wish Peter well, too."

I'm just glad we'll get an album of mostly original material first.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 9:44 am

Wait for the back and forth between Paul, Gene and Ace to take up the music news cycle for the next two months over this...

Gene: "I don't need permission to play, and I don't like Ace, so I wouldn't anyway."
Paul: "Stupid of Ace to even bring it up."
Ace: "See how insecure they are to even be talking about me still?"

And on and on. It's like magnetic poetry. You just shuffle it around and keep putting new variations on the fridge. Fun for the whole family.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 7:18 pm

I will be interested in hearing the new album in one sitting. I am interested on how it will stack up against Anomaly.

ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 8:42 am

I listened to it on Spotify this morning (just could not wait for the CD to come in the mail today).

I liked it quite a bit. The first song that really jumped out at me was "Immortal Pleasures", which makes sense as it reminds me of "Little Below the Angels", which despite the goofy lyrics/talking is one of my favorites on Anomaly.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 8:56 am

exact33 wrote:
I will be interested in hearing the new album in one sitting. I am interested on how it will stack up against Anomaly.

I listen to the whole album.... as good as if not better than Anomaly. Ace really out did himself!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 3:14 pm

The new album is very good. If you liked Anomaly, you should dig this one too. So speakth the MetalGuy.

However, save yourself a few bucks and skip the deluxe edition. The bonus tracks are just shortened [re: radio edit] versions of the same songs on the album. Lame. And if you play the cd continuously, like on a computer or in the car, the first 2 tracks are the same ones as the last 2 tracks on the album. So you'll get to hear them back-to-back.

The "poster" is just the liner notes that unfold into a bigger pic of the album cover. And I believe the regular version is in a jewel case as opposed to the digi, if that sort of thing sways you.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 3:19 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
And I believe the regular version is in a jewel case as opposed to the digi, if that sort of thing sways you.

Anti-digi and anti-pointless bonus tracks. Heh.

Glad I just pre-ordered the standard version from Amazon. Though, if they bonus tracks had been actual bonus tracks, I'd get that, regardless of digi. More Ace trumps crappy packaging.
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 3:23 pm

I'm on my second listen. Good strong album. Not as good as Sonic Boom or Monster. But a good solid release none the less.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 9:13 pm

^^I agree. I would definitely take Sonic Boom or Monster over Ace solo any day, no question, but this is a huge step up from Anomaly in my view; there are some excellent songs on here. I love "I Wanna Hold You" and "Change"; "Past the Milky Way" is possibly the best song he has written--definitely his best vocal performance!

I hear that he'll be touring on the album this fall, so I hope to see him live.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 2:40 am

Still hesitating about picking this one up.

I probably need more listens.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 7:55 am

I hope to pick this up this weekend. I've only listened to the one song and have held off on the rest til I get the cd.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 9:24 am

On Ace's Facebook page - they have some fun photos of all sorts of different people standing in line in NY for a signature signing thing - Ace should do that - go about to record staores everywhere and get in touch with his fans and vice versa - I doubt it would turn into a Spinal Tap skit ~ I would love to shake his hand and give him a smile - He's a super legend of mythical proportions ! Right up there with Angus Young  humble 
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 2:35 pm

I think it's much better than Anomaly. Enjoying "Change" and "I Wanna Hold You" the most so far.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 1:49 pm

Update. I think "Starship' is my favorite Ace instrumental, and maybe my favorite song on the new LP.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 4:29 pm

Just special ordered this. I love Ace's solo KISS album and Frehleys Comet was ok.
Cannot wait to get it.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 1:39 am

"Space Invader" is #9 on Billboard charts cool

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 8:30 am

James B. wrote:
"Space Invader" is #9 on Billboard charts cool

Highest charting debut of any non-KISS album by a current or former member of KISS. That's gotta piss Paul and Gene off to no end....
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 10:18 am

I've been diggin' this album. Not sure if I like it better than Anomaly or not though.

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Space Invader   Ace Frehley - Space Invader - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ace Frehley - Space Invader
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next