Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iron Maiden: Invaders

Go down 
+29
BearOnUnicycle
Short-Fuse
Glenn Rogers
Lovecraft
Wayne
Gilbert
manny
James B.
Temple of Blood
ultmetal
DakotaRogers
nevermore
Lurideath
jstate
MoonChild
Lari
Required Fields
Leatherface
exact33
DallasBlack
scottmitchell74
glassprison
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
ZombieHavoc
80s Metal Lady
Boris2008
corplhicks
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Iron Maiden: Invaders - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden: Invaders   Iron Maiden: Invaders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 1:12 am

Wasn't an issue then, nor is it now.

After playing the crap out of the first three Maiden releases (S/T, Killers, Maiden Japan), "Invaders" sounded like a natural extension of what came before. (IMHDO) Even with a different singer.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden: Invaders   Iron Maiden: Invaders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 6:46 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Amazing song.  Great way to start the album.  Short and punchy.

Love the vocal melody during the verses.  This song is the greatest inspiration for John Arch's vocal style.

I'm shocked that there are MAIDEN fans who wouldn't like it.

I would have to say I am total agreement with ToB on this one. I had no idea this song influenced John Arch whatsoever, but the song is great tune and opens the album up perfectly
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden: Invaders   Iron Maiden: Invaders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 12:59 pm

Ok song. Fast and melodic.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden: Invaders   Iron Maiden: Invaders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 1:57 pm

I actually woke up this morning humming this song. Deedlee-dee. De deeeeeee (wor wor wor wor wor wor), Deedlee-dee. De deeeeeee (wor wor wor wor wor wor)...

INVAAAAADERS (dooo do do do doo) INTRUDERS!...

Now that I think about it those wor's should be muffled doo's...

EDIT: wait where the hell did I get the intruders from??
Back to top Go down
Wayne
Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden: Invaders   Iron Maiden: Invaders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 3:46 am

I think invaders is a great opening track, punchy with the classic maiden gallop and a decent intro to bruce's vocal talents.

The only weak track on the whole album for me is gangland. Never liked that song and it sticks out like a sore thumb on an album filled with killer tracks. I always thought that total eclipse was supposed be on the album instead of gangland not instead of invaders. Sure I read that in the run to the hills book. If total eclipse had been in place of gangland then the album would be a pure 10/10 perfect masterpiece in my eyes. As it stands its a 9.5/10 classic slightly spoiled by one track.
Back to top Go down
Lovecraft
Metal student
Metal student
Lovecraft

Number of posts : 120

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden: Invaders   Iron Maiden: Invaders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 11:57 am

I think Gangland is a much stronger track than Total Eclipse, the album is great the way it is.
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden: Invaders   Iron Maiden: Invaders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 12:03 pm

Scratching my head... Not one bad track on that album...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden: Invaders   Iron Maiden: Invaders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 1:01 pm

I like Gangland, especially that opening riff. The whole song has a punky, rockin' vibe.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden: Invaders   Iron Maiden: Invaders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 8:52 pm

Yeah, Gangland is a good song, too. If that's considered "filler", then they could have fit a few more on the album, if it was up to me. Well, on the CD re-release at least, since vinyl doesn't allow longer running times.
Back to top Go down
Short-Fuse
Metal student
Metal student
Short-Fuse

Number of posts : 195

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden: Invaders   Iron Maiden: Invaders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 6:50 am

Invaders has a great riff with a weak chorus which could be a fault of B.D. In my humble opinion, Number of the beast is over rated.22 Acaica Avenue and Hallowed be thy Name were the best tracks on that album. Somewhere in Time is the first "great" post-DiAnno album.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden: Invaders   Iron Maiden: Invaders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 8:21 am

Short-Fuse wrote:
Somewhere in Time is the first "great" post-DiAnno album.
Yes. YES.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden: Invaders   Iron Maiden: Invaders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 10:36 am

Short-Fuse wrote:
Invaders has a great riff with a weak chorus which could be a fault of B.D. In my humble opinion, Number of the beast is over rated.22 Acaica Avenue and Hallowed be thy Name were the best tracks on that album. Somewhere in Time is the first "great" post-DiAnno album.

Well I'm flabbergasted! Not to diss your opinion as your entitled to like whatever you like but with bona fide cast iron solid gold metal classics like NOTB, piece of mind and powerslave to say somewhere in time is the first great post dianno maiden record is mind boggling to me. Unless of course your American. I can only assume an American would say that as SIT is the most commercial sounding record maiden ever did and around the time of release loads of british bands were trying to crack the US by being more commercial adding keyboards, guitar synths and adopting a more catchy poppy style of writing.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden: Invaders   Iron Maiden: Invaders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 11:27 pm

Wayne wrote:
Short-Fuse wrote:

Well I'm flabbergasted!  Not to diss your opinion as your entitled to like whatever you like but with bona fide cast iron solid gold metal classics like NOTB, piece of mind and powerslave to say somewhere in time is the first great post dianno maiden record is mind boggling to me. Unless of course your American. I can only assume an American would say that as SIT is the most commercial sounding record maiden ever did and around the time of release loads of british bands were trying to crack the US by being more commercial adding keyboards, guitar synths and adopting a more catchy poppy style of writing.

Of course, Maiden managed to add the synths without being poppy or commercial. Maybe commercial for Maiden, but hardly what was then mainstream. While Somewhere and Seventh are my favorite Maiden albums, the ones before it could certainly be called great.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden: Invaders   Iron Maiden: Invaders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 12:10 am

Last edited by Painkiller on Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden: Invaders   Iron Maiden: Invaders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 9:44 am

I don't have any issues with the song or it's placement on the album. Can't say I've ever given it a thought really.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden: Invaders   Iron Maiden: Invaders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 1:27 pm

A great track all the way.... I have to admit when I first heard it back in 82 the first couple of times it wasn't an immediate grabber, but after about the 4th time... it clicked and that song SMOKES... great energy and great melody.... love the lyrics....

Total Eclipse shoulda been on the album and made it a 9 track release, it was too good a song to be buried on the back side of a 12" single.... Or I would've taken it over Gangland... sorry guys... But either way TE was and is a great tune....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden: Invaders   Iron Maiden: Invaders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 2:04 pm

I love this song! I think it rules.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden: Invaders   Iron Maiden: Invaders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 4:24 pm

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Short-Fuse wrote:
Somewhere in Time is the first "great" post-DiAnno album.
Yes. YES.

No. NO!

Somewhere in Time is great, but the three albums that preceded it were AWESOME! Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind and Powerslave are brilliant! Some of the finest heavy metal to ever be released.

Overrated? Perhaps. Whose to say. These were all new purchases for me as they were coming out and I thought they were great then and still think they are great now.  headbanger 

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden: Invaders   Iron Maiden: Invaders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 4:33 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Somewhere in Time is great, but the three albums that preceded it were AWESOME! Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind and Powerslave are brilliant! Some of the finest heavy metal to ever be released.

I agree, and Piece of Mind (according to me is the best album by any band any era). Somewhere in Time, was good (not great), but not really as good as the preceding three.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden: Invaders   Iron Maiden: Invaders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 3:32 pm

Powerslave was their best (at least before the re-union). The Duellists, Flash of the Blade and Back in the Village are all killer songs, and severely underrated. And that's just tracks beyond the Maiden classics on the album, ie. the first two, and the last two.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden: Invaders   Iron Maiden: Invaders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 8:10 am

Love "Invaders" and "Gangland." The only song on NOTB that fails to do much for me is "22 Acacia Avenue." I don't hate it like I do "Weekend Warriors," for example, but I think it's the weakest on the album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden: Invaders   Iron Maiden: Invaders - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iron Maiden: Invaders
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2