Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Exodus finally back in the studio

Go down 
+20
Lurideath
ultmetal
Required Fields
James B.
mc666
choosemetal
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
corplhicks
Headbanger Man
Troublezone
Thrasher73
ZombieHavoc
Gilbert
DakotaRogers
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
Icy Grave
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Exodus finally back in the studio - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 11:10 pm

I dunno. I'm really riding the fence with this one. It doesn't sound as "chaotic" as the Exodus I knew. Something very one-dimensional about it. But it's a great riff and Steven sounds decent.

Also, what's up with the generic hate lyrics? One of my favorite things about this band is how they were so thematic with their material.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 11:38 pm

I like it - but I will say that I grew to like Rob Dukes and the albums he is on are pretty damn intense.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 1:14 am

I like it,sounds like a continuation of Tempo of the Damned.
Back to top Go down
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

Number of posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 1:35 pm

Lurideath wrote:
I like the song! Real blistering guitars. I agree with MC that the vocals still irritate me, but not like they used to. haha

Some things just grow on us over time, haha!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 12:23 am

Required Fields wrote:
Icy Grave wrote:
It's finally here! And it took me a few minutes to find this thread, but I just had to!

headbanger

steve is so evil and the music so brutal headbanger
Back to top Go down
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

PostSubject: Fans needed for Exodus' new video   Exodus finally back in the studio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 4:52 pm

https://www.facebook.com/exodusattack/photos/a.235200154706.134724.7667169706/10152680729479707/?type=1

See, it's moments like this I wish I had a job and some income so I could participate in moments like this. ._.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 12:10 am

I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but here's the title track from the new album:

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 12:16 am

That's a hair better. Still sounds kind of, I dunno--like it's missing something.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 12:38 am

corplhicks wrote:
Still sounds kind of, I dunno--like it's missing something.

It is...it's missing Rob Dukes. Razz

Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 1:25 am

mc666 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Still sounds kind of, I dunno--like it's missing something.

It is...it's missing Rob Dukes. Razz

ohboyherewego.jpg Laughing
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 3:42 pm

it is fine. I cannot wait to get this cd headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 4:24 pm

Look forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 5:21 pm

corplhicks wrote:
That's a hair better. Still sounds kind of, I dunno--like it's missing something.

Guitar hooks.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 1:41 pm

Full album streaming here:

https://music.yahoo.com/blogs/music-news/album-premiere--exodus-offers-first-listen-to--blood-in--blood-out-132650904.html
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 11:55 pm

Ehh it's OK. Maybe, I'm just out of my thrash stage? I don't know but I thought it would be a bit better.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 3:20 am

Sousa should do more stuff with Tenet. headbanger

Zetro can stick with Exodus though! lol!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 12:40 pm

Listening to the stream.. I like it!!!!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 3:07 pm

I just ordered the new album!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 11:57 am

I received my copy of Blood In Blood Out yesterday. I had a pre-order with Amazon and it came a day early. The pre-order also included a digital copy of the album which has a digital only bonus track - a cover of Angel Witch's "Angel Witch." Cool stuff. I hadn't seen this mentioned in any of the promo materials, so just a heads up on that.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 6:20 pm

got mine today too. deluxe autographed version from newbury comics.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 3:56 am

The new Exodus album is great! I'm glad Steve is back. His voice just fits better IMO. Gary Holt and Lee Altus tear it up on guitar and the bass sound is excellent too.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 12:53 pm

Exodus just announced a concert here in Fresno mid-Dec. Merry Xmas to me. Ordered the album for the hell of it.
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 1:28 pm

Can anyone enlighten me where to buy a copy with Angel of Death as bonus track? Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 8:31 pm

The album debuted in Billboard's Top 40!

Not only that, but the album sold more copies in its first week than The Atrocity Exhibition: Exhibit A and Exhibit B: The Human Condition sold in their first week combined. Very impressive, considering the state of record sales these days.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2014 3:59 pm

I'm spinning this right now--this blows Overkill's WDA away. The lead-off singles we've heard so far are nothing compared to the rest of the album, trust me.

The hooks are STRONG, fresh in my memory while I type this. Some of the grooves (this record definitely won't be a favorite of Painkiller's) are juicy shit--BTK has a guttural breakdown that rivals the Duke material. Steven sounds great, just like he did on Fabulous Disaster. The leads are smokin' and memorable as the riffs. So far my favorite track is Blood Harvest, it's got a kick-ass chorus.

Cons are few; I still feel like this isn't as chaotic as it should be, like early Exodus. The title track and Salt the Wound are ironically the weakest tracks here. The lyrics are awful--not that I'd usually care but Exodus lyrics used to be either thematically provocative or comically enjoyable; here it's just all brawny angst. The production is squashed, drums too loud, guitars behind a tad in the mix, and it gets muddy when I crank it, but at least it's pretty crisp at moderate levels and doesn't suffer that redundant midrange issue that WDA suffers from. And as always a minor complaint, but the packaging is shit. I still hate the cliche zombie artwork and wish it wasn't still a thing with thrash bands. Why they're not realizing the obvious is beyond me (perhaps it's the labels' misdirection).

All in all, A-. It KICKS ASS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exodus finally back in the studio
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next