Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Exodus finally back in the studio

Go down 
+20
Lurideath
ultmetal
Required Fields
James B.
mc666
choosemetal
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
corplhicks
Headbanger Man
Troublezone
Thrasher73
ZombieHavoc
Gilbert
DakotaRogers
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
Icy Grave
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

Number of posts : 229

Exodus finally back in the studio Empty
PostSubject: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 9:53 am

I hope this hasn't been posted in an older thread or as a thread already. If it has been, could this thread be locked please? Otherwise, I just wanted to share this information as it's a breath of fresh air to hear.

http://exodusattack.com/site/

Quote :
Thrash Legends EXODUS Issue First Studio Update!

On Tour with SLAYER and SUICIDAL TENDENCIES in May 2014 + Rock On The Range + Heavy Montreal

San Francisco’s veteran thrashers EXODUS have entered a studio in Northern California with producer Andy Sneap to record their eleventh studio album. Guitarist and songwriter Gary Holt has issued the following update:

“We are well into drum tracks; everything is going super smooth and Tom [Hunting] is just killing it! Best drum sound this band has ever laid down – sounds just simply pummeling! Only one more song and some B sides to go, then we go through things and make sure everything is up to par, and then time for guitars! Can’t wait to add the crunch to these monsters. This is gonna be so goddamned heavy it ain’t even funny! We couldn’t be more stoked and pleased with how this record is coming along! Bludgeoning!”

I know Rob has certainly improved in his vocal performance from the shitty The Atrocity Exhibition... Exhibit A to Exhibit B: The Human Condition. I think he'll do much better on this one.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 11:11 am

Unfortunately for these guys, my interest in the band left with Zetro. I tried out a few discs with Dukes, but they just didn't do anything for me.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 11:19 am

Yeah I think Dukes has improved with each recording. I'm looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 11:28 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Unfortunately for these guys, my interest in the band left with Zetro. I tried out a few discs with Dukes, but they just didn't do anything for me.

So did everyone's. Except for mine. I guess it's cause I'm only 22 and got into Exodus in 2012, so I kinda like Dukes. Yeah, he's not as good as Zetro or Baloff, but what can you do?

Strangely, out of the three albums in the Dukes era of Exodus, I prefer their first. There's something about that album I like over the two concepts done in TAE and EB: THC, the former of which is almost unlistenable.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 11:49 am

I think the Dukes fronted albums are awful, but I have seen them live with him and he does a good job.  I hope the new one is better than the past efforts.

Last edited by Witchfinder on Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 12:01 pm

Who gives a shit about vocals when there's Gary Holt and Lee Altus?

Icy Grave wrote:
Strangely, out of the three albums in the Dukes era of Exodus, I prefer their first. There's something about that album I like over the two concepts done in TAE and EB: THC, the former of which is almost unlistenable.

I agree. All the amazing/infectious riffs made "The Atrocity Exhibition" such a pain in the ass to listen to.  \'arry \'eadbanger 

Back to top Go down
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 12:12 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
Who gives a shit about vocals when there's Gary Holt and Lee Altus?

Icy Grave wrote:

I agree. All the amazing/infectious riffs made "The Atrocity Exhibition" such a pain in the ass to listen to.  \'arry \'eadbanger 

Hey, this I can agree with you on. I really can. Atlus and Holt certainly have been pumping out masterful riff after masterful riff on a consistent basis. They rarely disappoint. But infectious riffs do not a good album make when you've got an album that claims to be thrash, but is overdone, overlong, and only has a few really good songs. The best songs on The Atrocity Exhbition would be "Funeral Hymn," "Iconoclasm," and "Bedlam 1-2-3." Everything else is just okay at best and mediocre at worst. Nothing is truly a throwaway (*coughcough"TheGardenofBleeding"coughcough*), but there was certainly a lot more that could have gone into it.

The concept was good. The execution was poor.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 12:39 pm

Icy Grave wrote:
Hey, this I can agree with you on. I really can. Atlus and Holt certainly have been pumping out masterful riff after masterful riff on a consistent basis. They rarely disappoint. But infectious riffs do not a good album make when you've got an album that claims to be thrash, but is overdone, overlong, and only has a few really good songs. The best songs on The Atrocity Exhbition would be "Funeral Hymn," "Iconoclasm," and "Bedlam 1-2-3." Everything else is just okay at best and mediocre at worst. Nothing is truly a throwaway (*coughcough"TheGardenofBleeding"coughcough*), but there was certainly a lot more that could have gone into it.

The concept was good. The execution was poor.

The only fault I can find with these last few Dukes' albums is the ridiculous runtime, especially with "Exhibit B."

Luckily, they're keeping the songs under 6 minutes on the new album.
Back to top Go down
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 12:49 pm

They'd better. I can't stand those outrageous song lengths at times. Only Metallica can get away that and keep it interesting. Only song I could tolerate by them that was 10 minutes long was "The Sun is My Destroyer." Now THAT'S a fantastic song.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 1:44 pm

I used to love these guys because of zetro.

when he left I followed him to hatriot.

but will still check this one.
Back to top Go down
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 2:12 pm

Hatriot?

Exodus wrote:
What you see is what you get
You haven't see the bloody trail yet
I'm no patriot, just a hatriot
Blood sport, my sure bet

Wink 
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 3:13 pm

Shovel Headed Kill Machine was excellent. Only slightly inferior to Tempo (which destroyed), in my opinion. I did not care much for the Atrocity albums. They weren't bad, but there just wasn't much to speak of.

The re-recording of Blonded by Blond (edit--Bonded by Blood, of course--but I am leaving my original typo because it looks funny to me), while not really necessary, was fun to listen to, though I would've preferred an album of re-recordings of tunes spread out through the first four albums, not just a re-do of a whole album.

As with any Exodus, I'll give a new one a listen and see what I think.
Back to top Go down
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 5:49 pm

http://www.metalinjection.net/upcoming-releases/new-exodus-album-is-punk-rock-and-a-little-faster-according-to-frontman

A few days old, but still ripe.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 2:52 am

Shovel Headed Killing Machine was a good album.Im a Zetro fanboy but I still like Exodus and will check out the new one.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 8:32 am

Icy Grave wrote:
http://www.metalinjection.net/upcoming-releases/new-exodus-album-is-punk-rock-and-a-little-faster-according-to-frontman

A few days old, but still ripe.

Punk rock and a little faster. Sounds like some nice crossover goodness to me. I'm fine with that.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 1:10 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Sounds like some nice crossover goodness to me.

Okay, now I'm excited  crazy happy 
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 2:14 pm

Fast songs. That sounds good.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 6:41 pm

I'm still looking for them to do a Bluegrass album in vain of "Bonded by Banjo."
Back to top Go down
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 8:09 pm

They should do a pop version of "The Toxic Waltz." That'd be one hell of something funny, just like "Bonded by Banjo."
Back to top Go down
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 9:48 pm

Here's some news for Zetro enthusiasts and Dukes haters (which is apparently every Exodus fan ever after the late Baloff).

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/exodus-parts-ways-with-singer-rob-dukes/

Quote :
Guitarist Gary Holt of San Francisco Bay Area thrash metal veterans EXODUS has released the following statement: "As a band, we all had to make a very difficult choice to part ways with [singer] Rob Dukes. We have nothing but love and admiration for him and the deepest gratitude for the hard work he has put in and the great work on some killer records. But at this time, Tom [Hunting, drums], Lee [Altus, guitar], Jack [Gibson, bass] and myself thought a change was necessary and the unanimous choice going forward was to welcome back Steve Souza [pictured] to the fold!"

Souza, who previously fronted EXODUS from 1986 to 1993 and from 2002 to 2004, adds: "I spent a great part of my life with EXODUS. That blood flows through me, [and] even not being in the band for the past 10 years, you can't erase that chemistry. I'm very excited!"

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/steve-zetro-souza-to-begin-recording-vocals-for-new-exodus-album-this-week/

This one's old, but relevant.

Personally, I think Rob was a great vocalist during a time where this was, to me, the most divisive and hardest time in their career. SHKM showed an aging, but still living Exodus with a new vocalist whose presence divided fans of the band. Exhibit A was a pile of crap. Exhibit B was better and showed strong development of Rob as a vocalist and, then, a big part of the band's evolving sound.

I will admit that I'm a newfag Exodus fan. I first heard of their stuff off their newest album [Exhibit B: The Human Condition] and I became a fan from there. I've been following the band from there, digging into their past and keeping up with the news about their future activity. And with them being on the bill to play with Slayer, it's certainly something to see Zetro play with the band again. All the fans are going to be split up even more, but it'll definitely going to be an amazing turn out for album sales for their new album this year.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 11:04 am

San Francisco Bay Area thrash metal veterans EXODUS have set "Blood In, Blood Out" as the title of their new album, tentatively due on late October via Nuclear Blast. The CD will be the band's first since the departure of EXODUS' lead singer of the past nine years, Rob Dukes, and the return of his predecessor, Steve "Zetro" Souza, who previously fronted EXODUS from 1986 to 1993 and from 2002 to 2004.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 11:32 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
San Francisco Bay Area thrash metal veterans EXODUS have set "Blood In, Blood Out" as the title of their new album, tentatively due on late October via Nuclear Blast. The CD will be the band's first since the departure of EXODUS' lead singer of the past nine years, Rob Dukes, and the return of his predecessor, Steve "Zetro" Souza, who previously fronted EXODUS from 1986 to 1993 and from 2002 to 2004.

Nice. I'm looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 12:37 pm

Another release to add to the ever growing want list.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 12:37 pm

When news of Souza returning to the fold first came out, I was kinda indifferent to it. However I recently gave a fresh spin to Tempo of the Damned and it sorta re-kindled my interest. Maybe I do want a new album after all. I guess we'll see.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 3:22 pm

Kirk Hammett plays a solo on the upcoming Exodus record...

Quote :
METALLICA guitarist Kirk Hammett has revealed to RollingStone.com that he recently laid down a guitar solo on song "Salt In The Wound" on "Blood In, Blood Out", the new album from his first band, EXODUS. "It felt really casual, really cool — just like it did back in 1980 when we were all just hanging out back in the day," Hammett said. "Me, recording a solo on their album was a huge thing for me. Other than the EXODUS demo that's been heard by a lot of people, it's the only time I ever recorded with EXODUS. It was a huge thing for me."

He added: "I play a pretty cool solo, and then Gary [Holt, EXODUS guitarist] comes in and plays another solo, and you know what? I listened to that and thought, 'Wow, it's 1982 all over again and here we are, Gary and I are trying to cut each other's heads off with our guitar solos.' Nothing has changed much in the last 30 years. I love it. I love those guys. I've only known them for most of my life, so I'm really happy that I finally got to record with them."

PostSubject: Re: Exodus finally back in the studio   Exodus finally back in the studio Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exodus finally back in the studio
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next