Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Exodus Old....or New Vocals?

Go down 
+8
mc666
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
Required Fields
SideShowDisaSter
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
AchrisK
12 posters
AuthorMessage

Exodus Old....or New Vocals? Empty
PostSubject: Exodus Old....or New Vocals?   Exodus Old....or New Vocals? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 12:14 pm

So do you guys like Paul Baloff

or do you like the new vocals Rob Dukes

I like the Old vocals better, its what I heard first but the new vocals arn't bad, but its not eXodus
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Exodus Old....or New Vocals?   Exodus Old....or New Vocals? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 12:16 pm

I haven't heard the new guy, but I loved Baloff's vocals and always preferred them to Sousa.

ack
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Exodus Old....or New Vocals?   Exodus Old....or New Vocals? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 12:17 pm

Their new guy is utterly horrible. He sounds like any run-of-the-mill metalcore singer. Tuneless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exodus Old....or New Vocals?   Exodus Old....or New Vocals? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 12:20 pm

Check out The Shovel Headed Kill Machine

Exodus' new album from 2004 I think. Its not that amazing like Temple said hes Run Of The Mill metalcore singer.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Exodus Old....or New Vocals?   Exodus Old....or New Vocals? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 12:26 pm

I don't care for Dukes. I was/am a Souza fan. Baloff was ok too, but Steve Souza had a pretty distinctive sound (a snake-like hiss, as Ult would say) that made them stand out from the pack. Even if you didn't immediatley recognize the music, as soon as the vocals kicked in, you knew it was Exodus. Rob Dukes doesn't have that on "Shovel..."
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: Exodus Old....or New Vocals?   Exodus Old....or New Vocals? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 12:27 pm

I prefer Zetro myself over Baloff, but prefer Baloff over Dukes. I don't think Rob Dukes is terrible, but he doesn't really stand out. If he would vary his delivery a bit, he would be a great deal better.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28433

PostSubject: Re: Exodus Old....or New Vocals?   Exodus Old....or New Vocals? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 12:42 pm

Mastershake wrote:
Check out The Shovel Headed Kill Machine

Exodus' new album from 2004 I think. Its not that amazing like Temple said hes Run Of The Mill metalcore singer.

Actually, SHKM is 2005, not 2004. Tempo of the Damned was the 2004 release.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Exodus Old....or New Vocals?   Exodus Old....or New Vocals? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 1:04 pm

I like Zetro. Baloff didn't do much for me on the first album, but I liked his voice quite a bit on Another Lesson in Violence.

Rob Dukes is ok. He has a similar style to Zetro, but has a deeper tone and is less menacing IMO.

PostSubject: Re: Exodus Old....or New Vocals?   Exodus Old....or New Vocals? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 1:38 pm

Of the three I prefer Zetro but Baloff was good too.

Rob Dukes is alright and I did enjoy Shovel Headed Kill Machine but Zetro would've made it a whole lot better.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37640

PostSubject: Re: Exodus Old....or New Vocals?   Exodus Old....or New Vocals? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 1:38 pm

Never heard the new guy but I liked both Zetro and Baloff equally, I guess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exodus Old....or New Vocals?   Exodus Old....or New Vocals? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 1:57 pm

Souza for me too, Don't like Dukes at all
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Exodus Old....or New Vocals?   Exodus Old....or New Vocals? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 2:04 pm

Souza is one of the most horrid singers in all of metal & that includes black & death.

i was always a Baloff era Exodus guy until Dukes came along. SHKM was just fantastic. if Dukes had performed on Tempo, i would have enjoyed it more.

AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Exodus Old....or New Vocals?   Exodus Old....or New Vocals? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 2:37 pm

mc666 wrote:
Souza is one of the most horrid singers in all of metal & that includes black & death.

i was always a Baloff era Exodus guy until Dukes came along. SHKM was just fantastic. if Dukes had performed on Tempo, i would have enjoyed it more.

This is good to hear from another Baloff fan. I haven't yet heard Shovel Headed Kill Machine. I think Baloff's INSANE vocals added so much intensity to the musical intensity of Bonded by Blood. That album was just over the top! He was by no means run-o-the-mill or average or typical, especially for the time it was released.

I was sorely disappointed at the (long awaited and highly anticipated) release of the 2nd Exodus album, and have only somewhat acclimated to Sousa's vocals.

ack

ack
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Exodus Old....or New Vocals?   Exodus Old....or New Vocals? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 2:43 pm

I love Souza's vocals. He's like an angry thrash gremlin.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Exodus Old....or New Vocals?   Exodus Old....or New Vocals? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 3:36 pm

Paul Baloff by far!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Exodus Old....or New Vocals?   Exodus Old....or New Vocals? Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 11:18 am

Zetro for me,although Dukes doesnt do a bad job.When I think of classic Exodus I think of Zetros snake like hiss.🤘
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: Exodus Old....or New Vocals?   Exodus Old....or New Vocals? Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 10:38 am

I'll take Zetro because he sings on my fav Exodus record Fabulous disaster.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exodus Old....or New Vocals?   Exodus Old....or New Vocals? Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 9:19 pm

Paul Baloff!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exodus Old....or New Vocals?   Exodus Old....or New Vocals? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exodus Old....or New Vocals?
Page 1 of 1