Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Exodus now...

Go down 
+13
T-Roy
EvyMetal
Hamer12
7thSecond
mc666
MetalGuy71
Required Fields
ultmetal
Thrasher73
candlemass
INVADERS
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Exodus now... Empty
PostSubject: Exodus now...   Exodus now... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 3:39 am

Is it just me or has the addition of Rob Dukes just stepped it up a notch for these guys? Shovel and Atrocity are wicked!!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

Exodus now... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exodus now...   Exodus now... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 4:12 am

For me it was a huge step down. On SHKM he sounded like a metalcore vocalist, not thrash.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

Exodus now... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exodus now...   Exodus now... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 4:50 am

I liked Souza so to me it's step down.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

Exodus now... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exodus now...   Exodus now... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 5:28 am

i think it's a step up . . . i never really could stand souza's voice, always thought the music was excellent though
Back to top Go down

Exodus now... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exodus now...   Exodus now... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 5:36 am

Temple, don't you realise that thrash metal is a reaction to religion? Why you push your God music? scratch
Back to top Go down

Exodus now... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exodus now...   Exodus now... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 5:49 am

Maybe it's not the voice, but rather the subject matter - Children of a Worthless God - Shroud of Urine?
Back to top Go down

Exodus now... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exodus now...   Exodus now... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 7:01 am

Metallkaninchen wrote:
don't you realise that thrash metal is a reaction to religion?

I think I am missing that chapter in my Thrash Metal for Dummies book. What page is that on? scratch
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

Exodus now... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exodus now...   Exodus now... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 7:38 am

spectrefate wrote:
Metallkaninchen wrote:

I think I am missing that chapter in my Thrash Metal for Dummies book. What page is that on? scratch

Revised edition! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

Exodus now... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exodus now...   Exodus now... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 7:40 am

Metallkaninchen wrote:
Maybe it's not the voice, but rather the subject matter - Children of a Worthless God - Shroud of Urine?

Aren't those on "Tempo of the Damned"?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Exodus now... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exodus now...   Exodus now... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 7:58 am

I like Dukes vocals alright,I just liked Zetro better.More original
Back to top Go down

Exodus now... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exodus now...   Exodus now... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 8:06 am

candlemass wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
Metallkaninchen wrote:

Revised edition! lol!

Oh! There it is. Smile

Exodus now... Image2-2
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Exodus now... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exodus now...   Exodus now... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 8:23 am

I like all three Exodus vocalists. I don't see Dukes as "a step up". I just see it as Exodus forging ahead. Keep the thrash metal coming.

As for thrash being "a reaction to religion", that's just not the truth at all. Thrash metal has room in it for many ideals and beliefs.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28430

Exodus now... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exodus now...   Exodus now... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 8:28 am

troublezone wrote:
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Exodus now... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exodus now...   Exodus now... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 10:31 am

Haven't heard the new one, not rushing out to get it, and didn't care much for Dukes on SHKM. I'm a Souza fan.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Exodus now... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exodus now...   Exodus now... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 10:43 am

Metallkaninchen wrote:
Temple, don't you realise that thrash metal is a reaction to religion? Why you push your God music? scratch

Could you give us some clarification on this statement?

Last edited by on Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Exodus now... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exodus now...   Exodus now... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 11:32 am

INVADERS wrote:
i think it's a step up . . . i never really could stand souza's voice, always thought the music was excellent though
i agree with this statement pretty much, although i liked many of the Souza albums. i think the last 2 Exodus albums are the best ones since Bonded.

7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

Exodus now... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exodus now...   Exodus now... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 12:28 pm

Metallkaninchen wrote:
I'm gonna assume that this new poster doesn't know that this site is basically run by a "Christian" thrash band? With that said there are many members here who aren't Christians. We don't all share the same religious beliefs but I think we all share our love of metal and understand that there is definitely room for all different religions in metal. 🤘
Back to top Go down

Exodus now... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exodus now...   Exodus now... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 12:38 pm

troublezone wrote:

Ditto. I like Rob, but he's no Souza.

Sad
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

Exodus now... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exodus now...   Exodus now... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 12:45 pm

Guess I'm the only one here who prefers Baloff.
Back to top Go down

Exodus now... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exodus now...   Exodus now... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 12:46 pm

I think mc666 prefers baloff too.

Baloff is my second fave.

1. Steve Souza
2. Paul Baloff
3. Rob Dukes
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Exodus now... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exodus now...   Exodus now... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 12:46 pm

Hamer12 wrote:
Guess I'm the only one here who prefers Baloff.
no way pal, Baloff was always my favorite. i've said that many times. Cool

Exodus now... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exodus now...   Exodus now... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 12:47 pm

Beat ya to it mc!!!

🤘
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Exodus now... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exodus now...   Exodus now... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 12:50 pm

i'm touched that you remembered humble

Exodus now... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exodus now...   Exodus now... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 12:56 pm

happy
Back to top Go down

Exodus now... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exodus now...   Exodus now... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 3:59 pm

Candlemass: you're right about Shroud of Urine - Tempo), but Children of a Worthless God - is from The Atrocity Exhibition. Perhaps I should have said Altered Boy instead...

Spectrefate: Nice book cover!!

If we look at the history of the early thrash bands it is clearly seen that they are quite in reaction to religion and the predominant Christian value system and other such square values derived from religion's affect upon the human brain - note the absense of "God metal" during these times. As often happens with any genre, posers want to be included so they put out their poor quality crap that completely misses the original spirit of the music. Look what Nirvana and the like did to rock, which was quite uplifting and rebellious - they made a very lame "I wanna die, life sucks so bad, PLEASE KILL ME!!!, subgenre.(Kobain could have seen a shrink and saved the world from lame depressing music...)

I liked all the Exodus singers - Souza and Dukes are favorites to me - legible, forceful, emotional screaming is a great hallmark of this reactionary genre - as is clear, precise and intricate instrumentation(a quality lost in much of the modern metal today - sadly...) pale .... sick

Metal was never about promoting or loving God - some people's misguided children just crammed a square peg in a round hole. Smile

Come ye gather us all and react vehemently to dogma! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Exodus now... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exodus now...   Exodus now... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exodus now...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next