Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Duff back in Gnr.

Go down 
+7
Boris2008
MetalGuy71
Addy
MoonChild
manny
stormspell
Dark Horseman
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Duff back in Gnr.  Empty
PostSubject: Duff back in Gnr.    Duff back in Gnr.  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 6:38 pm

Briefly anyway.

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/guns-nroses-duff-mckagan-return-confirmed/
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

Duff back in Gnr.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duff back in Gnr.    Duff back in Gnr.  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 7:08 pm

Call me when they get Slash back
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Duff back in Gnr.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duff back in Gnr.    Duff back in Gnr.  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 7:56 pm

That's probably what most on this board will think.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Duff back in Gnr.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duff back in Gnr.    Duff back in Gnr.  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 9:46 pm

That is nice but having Duff back for a few shows won't be worth much, because Axl will still be the wacked out egomaniac he has been his entire career.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

Duff back in Gnr.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duff back in Gnr.    Duff back in Gnr.  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 4:06 am

manny wrote:
That is nice but having Duff back for a few shows won't be worth much, because Axl will still be the wacked out egomaniac he has been his entire career.

Duff back in Gnr.  Yeahthat
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Duff back in Gnr.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duff back in Gnr.    Duff back in Gnr.  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 6:31 am

Duff's the only one who wasnt fired or quit due to bad blood he's actually friends with Axl and as the article states he's doing it to help his buddy out but he's also friends with I think Stintson as well.

Its cool Duffs playing some GNR shows and it would be awesome if Slash and Adler and Izzy all reunited with Axl too but the chances of Slash doing that I think is slim to none he holds grudges too long, not saying Axl is innocent either cuz hes not but its not just Axl its Slash too. IMO that is why GNR hasnt reunited because of Slash and Axl
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Duff back in Gnr.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duff back in Gnr.    Duff back in Gnr.  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 9:39 am

Yea, I saw this too and didn't really understand all the hoopla. He's just filling in for a few live dates. Cool if you're there to see it I guess. It's not gonna make Axl's performance any better. His pipes are shot.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Duff back in Gnr.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duff back in Gnr.    Duff back in Gnr.  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 10:25 am

I don't think I'd be that interested if the original band got back together as I was only a casual fan in the first place but I thought that they stopped being the G & R that I liked when Izzy left. If there was a reunion with Duff, Slash, Gilbey and Matt, I really couldn't care less.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Duff back in Gnr.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duff back in Gnr.    Duff back in Gnr.  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 10:38 am

You probably won't find a bigger fan-boy of GnR than me on these boards, Boris. And even I gotta say that a re-union at this point is, well, point-less.

Aside from his general douchiness, Axl sounds like hell these days. Maybe some studio trickery could make him sound decent in the studio, and I would gladly welcome a re-union with the old crew there. But he can't hack it live anymore, no matter who is in the band backing him up.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Duff back in Gnr.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duff back in Gnr.    Duff back in Gnr.  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 12:22 pm

Well, I heard the geoff is trying out with slash and the boys.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Duff back in Gnr.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duff back in Gnr.    Duff back in Gnr.  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 2:54 pm

Cool, but nothing to get excited over. Now, if this happened in '99 or '00 I'd be freaking out with joy. Razz

Good to see Axl continues to be on good terms with a few of his ex-bandmates though.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Duff back in Gnr.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duff back in Gnr.    Duff back in Gnr.  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 4:54 am

A good step in the right direction. I like Duff, specialy after reading his autobiografy book. Nice guy.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Duff back in Gnr.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duff back in Gnr.    Duff back in Gnr.  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 5:38 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
You probably won't find a bigger fan-boy of GnR than me on these boards, Boris. And even I gotta say that a re-union at this point is, well, point-less.

Aside from his general douchiness, Axl sounds like hell these days. Maybe some studio trickery could make him sound decent in the studio, and I would gladly welcome a re-union with the old crew there. But he can't hack it live anymore, no matter who is in the band backing him up.

Im a Huge GNR fan too
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Duff back in Gnr.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duff back in Gnr.    Duff back in Gnr.  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 5:40 am

krokus wrote:
A good step in the right direction. I like Duff, specialy after reading his autobiografy book. Nice guy.

I read his bio too and thought it was well done. Its cool on what the guy has accomplished isnt it? Hes like in what a few bands, Loaded, Kings of Chaos, Velvet Revolver (if that happens again) hes got a degree hes got a regular column and hes got his own company. I really enjoyed his bio, He's always been one of my favs after hearing his first solo album
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Duff back in Gnr.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duff back in Gnr.    Duff back in Gnr.  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 4:31 pm

Addy wrote:
krokus wrote:

I read his bio too and thought it was well done. Its cool on what the guy has accomplished isnt it?  Hes like in what a few bands, Loaded, Kings of Chaos, Velvet Revolver (if that happens again) hes got a degree hes got a regular column and hes got his own company. I really enjoyed his bio, He's always been one of my favs after hearing his first solo album

Yes, amazing guy. From being just a rock star into drugs he left all that and became something, but still rocking till today. Thats the cool thing, he still knows how to rock and not try to be somebody else only because he has a degree for exemple. He stayed true to him self in a way.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Duff back in Gnr.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duff back in Gnr.    Duff back in Gnr.  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 5:03 pm

From what I heard they still sound pretty good live.

I honestly don't think this band could write great songs again even if Slash returned. Slash is probably given too much credit. Reunite the entire original band? That might work, but I doubt it.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Duff back in Gnr.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duff back in Gnr.    Duff back in Gnr.  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 6:04 am

Good point TOB

I think it would sound good if they did and did the Appetitie/Lies stuff but between Axls love to experiment and Slash's rock/bluesy sound is what started the rift to begin with. Well that and some other stuff Im sure
Back to top Go down
AutumnShantel
Metal novice
Metal novice
AutumnShantel

Number of posts : 90

Duff back in Gnr.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duff back in Gnr.    Duff back in Gnr.  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 11:07 am

I used to love GNR, they are kind of the reason I started listening to rock/metal... I probably would have been a little excited over this 7 or 8 years ago. Just not into their kind of music anymore. Now if Slash came back, too, I might at least give it a listen...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Duff back in Gnr.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duff back in Gnr.    Duff back in Gnr.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Duff back in Gnr.
Page 1 of 1