Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm back!!!!

Go down 
+9
manny
Metallic Blaze
DallasBlack
GrandNational
exact33
Smindas
A Handful of Wayne
tohostudios
thejokeriv
13 posters
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

I'm back!!!! Empty
PostSubject: I'm back!!!!   I'm back!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 4:07 pm

Back from the UK - it was a great, once in a life time trip!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

I'm back!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm back!!!!   I'm back!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 5:03 pm

I'd love to visit England one day; that's my family roots.

Welcome back joker.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

I'm back!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm back!!!!   I'm back!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 5:14 pm

wheres the pics?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

I'm back!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm back!!!!   I'm back!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 5:39 pm

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but am I right in thinking you came to our side of the pond to catch the Maiden dates? If so, how were they? I'll be seeing them this weekend!

Regardless, hope you enjoyed the trip! Where abouts were you?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

I'm back!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm back!!!!   I'm back!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 6:35 pm

Thanks Toho!!!

PRD - I will post pics on FB later on!

Smindas wrote:
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but am I right in thinking you came to our side of the pond to catch the Maiden dates? If so, how were they? I'll be seeing them this weekend!

Regardless, hope you enjoyed the trip! Where abouts were you?

I sure did!!!!! Saw Maiden in Newcastle, Sheffield, Nottingham, Manchester and Birmingham. Also went to London (to do the tourist things) and to Derby to hang out with some of the Maiden FC folks I know. Great trip!!!! Took me a few days to get used to driving on the other side of the road, but got the hang of it! The shows were AWESOME and you will have a blast!!!!!!!!! Are you going to the London shows?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

I'm back!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm back!!!!   I'm back!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 7:32 pm

oh great... i thought we had agreed to move the board before he got back....

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

I'm back!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm back!!!!   I'm back!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 7:42 pm

Leo your dedication and love for Maiden is awesome.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

I'm back!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm back!!!!   I'm back!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 8:29 pm

Must be nice to do something like that (or to even afford it), I am envious. Welcome back!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

I'm back!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm back!!!!   I'm back!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 8:39 pm

Glad you had a great time! Welcome back!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

I'm back!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm back!!!!   I'm back!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 8:53 pm

exact33 wrote:
oh great... i thought we had agreed to move the board before he got back....

LOL!!!!

BTW - the next time someone says to me that UK audiences aren't as good as USA audiences, as the English would say, that's bollocks!!! I had "Standing" tickets and won First To The Barrier at 4 shows and got the extra wrists band to get in early at the last one. Pit was good, but not that rough except if you where in the middle. "Seated" tickets in the UK literally means seated - they STAY seated the whole show!!!!! That just seems wrong!!!!

There where a bunch of people doing every UK show and it was cool to see Bruce acknowledge it from the stage pointed at them (since the barrier had the same people on it every night!) and say "I saw you last night. And the show before that and the one before that - seen you at all the shows!"

Also cool that Dave Murray laying on the stage to hand a wrist band to a girl from Italy that had the same spot at the barrier in front of him at all the shows. She was about 5 ft tall and skinny!!!!! He kept throwing pics at her during the shows too. I was near her when I caught a Dave Murray pic (Sorry Ult, can't have it!!!!!)

It really was a once in a life time thing and was just awesome. It was cool to walk around London and see tons of teens wearing Maiden shirts (And they haven't played London yet!). Tons of teens at the shows!!! Ages seem to range from 8 to 70 at the concerts. Just wild to see!!!!!

Thx for the welcome backs!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

I'm back!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm back!!!!   I'm back!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 5:23 am

Crowd-wise, Maiden gigs over here are just insane. Probably the most intense crowd to be in, it's absolutely exhausting. The general crush is worse than a Slayer gig, which is mental!

Sounds like you had a fantastic trip, joker! I will indeed be catching one of the London gigs, I'm really looking forward to it. Bit annoyed about the Final Frontier heavy set list (this will be my third time seeing Maiden and I still won't be seeing them play 'Run To The Hills', which is just a bit crazy as far as I'm concerned!), but Maiden live is always worthwhile.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

I'm back!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm back!!!!   I'm back!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 8:47 am

Kick ass, meet Jokerman and Spec at the Tampa show,and it was great meeting those guys, and the show was awesome.

BTW Jokerman did the set list change, since the Tampa date?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

I'm back!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm back!!!!   I'm back!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 8:48 am

manny wrote:
Kick ass, meet Jokerman and Spec at the Tampa show,and it was great meeting those guys, and the show was awesome.

Nope - kept the same set list. It seems to work really well!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

I'm back!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm back!!!!   I'm back!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 8:51 am

thejokeriv wrote:
manny wrote:

Nope - kept the same set list. It seems to work really well!

It was a killer set, nice mixture between classic Maiden and newer material.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

I'm back!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm back!!!!   I'm back!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 10:32 am

Awesome!! What a blast it must have been.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

I'm back!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm back!!!!   I'm back!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 10:35 am

Joker's like an Iron Maiden "Deadhead," he'll follow them anywhere. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

I'm back!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm back!!!!   I'm back!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 11:49 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

If I had the money for it I would.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

I'm back!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm back!!!!   I'm back!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 11:51 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Hell yeah, so would I!!

When my brother and I were teenagers we'd often fantasize about how cool it would be to buy a VW van (the quintessential "hippie bus") and drive across the country following Judas Priest, KISS or Metallica around, Deadhead style. Of course, it never got past the "pipe dream" stage, but what a fun pipe dream it was!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

I'm back!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm back!!!!   I'm back!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 1:00 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Hell yeah, so would I!!

When my brother and I were teenagers we'd often fantasize about how cool it would be to buy a VW van (the quintessential "hippie bus") and drive across the country following Judas Priest, KISS or Metallica around, Deadhead style. Of course, it never got past the "pipe dream" stage, but what a fun pipe dream it was!!

ah the dreams of youth before mortgage sets in!!

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

I'm back!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm back!!!!   I'm back!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 1:40 pm

exact33 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Hell yeah, so would I!!

ah the dreams of youth before mortgage sets in!!

Or reality in general because I've never had a mortgage (and remains to be seen if I ever will) and my dreams from youth have all been crushed.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

I'm back!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm back!!!!   I'm back!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 2:05 pm

Color me green with envy. Sounds like a trip of a lifetime. Welcome back !
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

I'm back!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm back!!!!   I'm back!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 3:24 pm

Welcome back!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

I'm back!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm back!!!!   I'm back!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 6:41 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Hell yeah, so would I!!

It is fun - you see a lot of the same people. Some of them started the night before the first UK gig by seeing Judas Priest, then Maiden and are going to all the UK shows.

It's great - I can combine my love of travel and Maiden!!! Now to start saving for the next tour - lol!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I'm back!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm back!!!!   I'm back!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm back!!!!
Page 1 of 1