Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slash & Duff would take Axl over Weiland

Go down 
+4
XYZ
TheGooch
Svengo
akeldama
8 posters
AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Slash & Duff would take Axl over Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Slash & Duff would take Axl over Weiland   Slash & Duff would take Axl over Weiland Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 12:17 pm

SLASH AND DUFF MCKAGAN WOULD TAKE AXL ROSE OVER WEILAND:

April 29, 2009

Rockers Duff McKagan and Slash would go back to playing with Axl Rose before reteaming with former Velvet Revolver frontman Scott Weiland.

The duo are still looking for Weiland's replacement a year after sacking the singer following a much-publicized bust-up - but there's no way they'd consider recalling the rock star and trying to work through their differences.

McKagan and Slash would rather reconcile with their hot-headed former Guns N' Roses frontman, Rose, first - despite the fact that their fall-out with the singer remains one of the rock world's most legendary.

Bassist McKagan insists he and Slash would work with Rose again if they had to pick between the two temperamental singers.

McKagan says, "Some bad s**t happened at the end of the last Velvet Revolver tour. It was brutal.

"There were late gigs... I just wanted it to be over."

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news09/0429gnr.shtml
------------------

Mckagan Would Rather Reunite with Axl than Weiland

Axl Rose may have called Slash “a cancer,” but Duff Mckagan claims he’d rather reunite with his estranged former Guns N’ Roses bandmate than Velvet Revolver’s drug-addled singer Scott Weiland. In an interview with Spin magazine, Mckagan doesn’t reveal all the juicy details, but if you read between the lines, it’s all about drug use.

“Axl, if I could only choose between the two,” Mckagan said, on which singer he and Slash would rather reunite with. “Some bad smurf poo happened at the end of that last Velvet Revolver tour. It was brutal.“

Now here’s the reading between the lines bit: “There were late gigs and stuff that reminded me of [the old days in GNR],” he added. “Plus, I’m a sober guy, and I was trying to stay sober and honor our fans. I just wanted it to be over.” And finally, the damage control: “But after saying all of that, I do have a lot of respect for Scott.”

Yeah, he respects Weiland and all. Just doesn’t want to hope aboard the trainwreck.

http://www.twentyfourbit.com/post/10...l-than-weiland
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Slash & Duff would take Axl over Weiland   Slash & Duff would take Axl over Weiland Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 12:51 pm

Man that really saying something about Weiland when they think Axl has it more together than he does.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Slash & Duff would take Axl over Weiland   Slash & Duff would take Axl over Weiland Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 2:20 pm

is axl a lesser of two evils? i dont know
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Slash & Duff would take Axl over Weiland   Slash & Duff would take Axl over Weiland Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 6:11 pm

That's pretty interesting. GNR reunion anyone?

Eddie said the same thing about Dave, and look what happened.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slash & Duff would take Axl over Weiland   Slash & Duff would take Axl over Weiland Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 6:15 pm

Choosing between those two is like deciding whether a Turd Burrito or a Turd Sandwich would be tastier.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Slash & Duff would take Axl over Weiland   Slash & Duff would take Axl over Weiland Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 6:19 pm

xyz wrote:

Anything is possible, but Eddie Van Halen makes Axl seem down right humble.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slash & Duff would take Axl over Weiland   Slash & Duff would take Axl over Weiland Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 6:33 pm

detuned wrote:
Choosing between those two is like deciding whether a Turd Burrito or a Turd Sandwich would be tastier.

Which of course the burrito would taste better with the poop mixed in with the beans, but this contest doesn't even have that significant a silver lining.
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

PostSubject: Re: Slash & Duff would take Axl over Weiland   Slash & Duff would take Axl over Weiland Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 11:36 am

manny wrote:
xyz wrote:

Anything is possible, but Eddie Van Halen makes Axl seem down right humble.

LOL... agreed. Man, I love Van Halen (Dave's years) and Eddie's guitar playing is legendary...but he is a bit of a weiner.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Slash & Duff would take Axl over Weiland   Slash & Duff would take Axl over Weiland Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 11:16 am

I say ask them again about Weiland after some time passes, I doubt if the stuff with Axl happened a year or two ago they wouldnt be saying that. Give Weiland about 10-15 years see if they still sing that tune....

Personally they need to get Weiland's replacement and get a move on... or break the band up

Both Slash and Duff are icons in their own right IMO
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Slash & Duff would take Axl over Weiland   Slash & Duff would take Axl over Weiland Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 8:05 pm

Addy wrote:
I say ask them again about Weiland after some time passes, I doubt if the stuff with Axl happened a year or two ago they wouldnt be saying that. Give Weiland about 10-15 years see if they still sing that tune....

Personally they need to get Weiland's replacement and get a move on... or break the band up

Both Slash and Duff are icons in their own right IMO

I'm not a huge Weiland fan by no means, but to me, replacing him in
Velvet Revolver kinda puts a damper on what the band's about.

Even though I'd like to see Sebastian Bach at the helm, I suppose the more
I think about it, VR is not VR without Scott. Maybe Slash and Duff should
just let enough time pass and patch things up with Scott later, because
we all know STP will eventually fizzle itself out...again
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Slash & Duff would take Axl over Weiland   Slash & Duff would take Axl over Weiland Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 11:39 am

STP is in the works of another album and tour, the new album is due out early next year, Not to mention Weiland is writing a book and releasing a clothing line, and running his own label, and doing a solo tour to support his double album. One thing about STP is Weiland and the DeLeo brothers patched things up way before the reunion happened. It happened when Weiland was working on the first VR album, maybe they hadnt talked since but according to stuff ive read he patched alot of issues up during the beginnings of VR. Im a Weiland fanboy as well as a STP fanboy

Though I do agree that VR without Weiland is not the same. Bach will never do it because of his friendship with Axl he's said it would be a conflict of interest. Ive read that Weiland still keeps in touch with Dave Kushner and from what ive read and heard he has no hard feelings with the other guys, I think his main beef was with Matt Sorum and Slash. Ive also read that VR had to scale some of the heaviness on some of the songs cuz of having Weiland in the band that to me sounds like a crock but I wasnt there so who knows.....

Axl still holds grudges from 2 decades ago....
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slash & Duff would take Axl over Weiland   Slash & Duff would take Axl over Weiland Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slash & Duff would take Axl over Weiland
Page 1 of 1