Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Duff McKagen's Loaded

Go down 
+5
iamrockerfun
Addy
MetalGuy71
akeldama
Svengo
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

Duff McKagen's Loaded Empty
PostSubject: Duff McKagen's Loaded   Duff McKagen's Loaded Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 5:37 pm

I remember hearing about this project but I hadn't payed attention to it.
I came across the first single from this upcoming album and I gotta say I kinda like it.
It's pretty catchy.

http://hardrockhideout.com/2009/03/28/new-video-duff-mckagans-loaded-flatline/
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Duff McKagen's Loaded   Duff McKagen's Loaded Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 5:42 pm

I need to check them out, I'm wanting to hear anything from Hookers 'n' Blow, too.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Duff McKagen's Loaded   Duff McKagen's Loaded Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 11:27 am

CM Distro was selling the ep for $8. Don't know if they still are though. Is the album out yet? I heard a little here & there and I liked it.

EDIT: The 'Wasted' ep and the full length 'Sick' are both available through www.cmdistro.com for $10 each. 'Sick' officially comes out this Tuesday (3/31) in the States.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Duff McKagen's Loaded   Duff McKagen's Loaded Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 8:02 am

Ive heard a few songs Id like to get it
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Duff McKagen's Loaded   Duff McKagen's Loaded Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 2:20 pm

Duff will play with Motley Crue on MC's Europe Tour. glad to see 'em.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Duff McKagen's Loaded   Duff McKagen's Loaded Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 8:22 am

Havent checked this out yet, but I do enjoy Steven Adler's new album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Duff McKagen's Loaded   Duff McKagen's Loaded Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 10:01 am

DeathCult wrote:

Adler put out an album? Is it new material? I thought that Adler's Appetite band just did covers and played live gigs. I've got Duff's ep and album on it's way to me. Hopefully I'll have them this week.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Duff McKagen's Loaded   Duff McKagen's Loaded Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 10:07 am

DeathCult wrote:

I can't imagine that guy having it together enough to record a single, let alone a full length album.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Duff McKagen's Loaded   Duff McKagen's Loaded Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 8:51 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

Adler put out an album? Is it new material? I thought that Adler's Appetite band just did covers and played live gigs. I've got Duff's ep and album on it's way to me. Hopefully I'll have them this week.

Actually, I had no idea it was old, I just picked it up a few weeks ago, its a "new limited edition press".
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Duff McKagen's Loaded   Duff McKagen's Loaded Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 5:05 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
CM Distro was selling the ep for $8. Don't know if they still are though. Is the album out yet? I heard a little here & there and I liked it.

EDIT: The 'Wasted' ep and the full length 'Sick' are both available through www.cmdistro.com for $10 each. 'Sick' officially comes out this Tuesday (3/31) in the States.

My discs finally arrived. I ordered the ep and full-length. Catchy rockin' songs. Not re-inventing the wheel here or anything. I'd say it's better than his solo album that he put out years ago. I swear he was drunk when he recorded some of those songs.

The ep only contains one extra song that's not on the full-length release, so in hindsite, it was kind of a waste of $$$. It says it's a limited pressing of 7,000 and the packaging is real nice, so what the heck. It'll make a nice collector's item someday I suppose. The other cool thing which I've never seen before is the cd itself is black, like a mini vinyl record. And not just the top. The whole cd, both sides, are entirely black and the top has grooves on it. Thought that was kinda neat.

Overall, I'd give the cd and ep a thumbs-up. Nothing that sounds like a Velvet Revolver or old GnR throw-away tune, just good hard rock.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Duff McKagen's Loaded   Duff McKagen's Loaded Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 11:03 pm

My copy should be arriving Tuesday. I like what I've heard from this one, but I haven't listened to any previous Loaded albums.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Duff McKagen's Loaded   Duff McKagen's Loaded Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 4:53 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
My copy should be arriving Tuesday. I like what I've heard from this one, but I haven't listened to any previous Loaded albums.

From what I understand, they had one release before this one. It was a japanese-only release a few years ago and the band members, other than Duff, were completely different. Never heard it, so I couldn't tell you how the sound compares.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Duff McKagen's Loaded   Duff McKagen's Loaded Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 7:57 pm

Just got mine in today, earlier than when I was told it'd be arriving.

I like it so far. "Sleaze Factory" and "Flatline" are my faves so far.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Duff McKagen's Loaded   Duff McKagen's Loaded Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 11:25 am

Ive always been a fan of Duff
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Duff McKagen's Loaded   Duff McKagen's Loaded Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 8:16 pm

Nothing thus far has impressed me in the post GnR alumni projects.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Duff McKagen's Loaded   Duff McKagen's Loaded Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 10:25 am

Troublezone wrote:
Nothing thus far has impressed me in the post GnR alumni projects.

Didn't care for this one?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Duff McKagen's Loaded   Duff McKagen's Loaded Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 10:13 am

Anyone else digging this album? It's been getting multiple spins from me and I was singing along on the ride into work this morning. Really liking this one. WAAAAAAAYYYYYY better than that solo album he put out years ago.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Duff McKagen's Loaded   Duff McKagen's Loaded Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 12:02 pm

Anyone pick up the new one yet?

Duff McKagen's Loaded 51KnLelpuML._SL500_AA300_

It's on the want-list, but I've already spent my allowence this week.

PostSubject: Re: Duff McKagen's Loaded   Duff McKagen's Loaded Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Duff McKagen's Loaded
Page 1 of 1