Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fight for the Rock?

Go down 
+16
MetalGuy71
Vexer6
ultmetal
MoonChild
TheGreatDuck
powermacho
Fat Freddy
Eyesore
nevermore
Boris2008
Dark Horseman
bass63
manny
James B.
Witchfinder
Runicen
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Fight for the Rock?
Great!
Fight for the Rock? - Page 3 Vote_lcap14%Fight for the Rock? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 3 ]
Meh, It's Ok.
Fight for the Rock? - Page 3 Vote_lcap62%Fight for the Rock? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 62% [ 13 ]
Not as Bad as I First Thought.
Fight for the Rock? - Page 3 Vote_lcap10%Fight for the Rock? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 2 ]
KILL IT WITH THE FIST OF THE METAL CHILD!
Fight for the Rock? - Page 3 Vote_lcap14%Fight for the Rock? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 21

AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Fight for the Rock? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight for the Rock?   Fight for the Rock? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 3:28 pm

Eyesore wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Runicen wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Lastly, I'll throw in this: Zach is a terrible vocalist. K that covers all bases for now.

I felt this way for a long while, but he's starting to grow on me and I'm starting to recognize the strength of the albums he's the primary vocalist for - particularly Wake of Magellan.

I think his weakness is that Paul O'Neill tried to get him to angry up his voice and sing like Jon, which was a huge mistake.  He simply doesn't sound natural doing it and can't emote for crap with that sound.  Somewhere in the liners for Edge of Thorns, it talks about Zach being able to sing Roads to Madness by Queensryche and I kind of suspect his natural range was more of a Halford/Tate thing.

Just a shame and a what-if.  

TGD, probably not far from the truth...

You're actually onto something; I should have expanded more on that thought. Yes, he can't sing angry. But his mellow voice? Beautiful. Good example of this is Chance. I still get goosebumps at that final section. He has a great voice for theater, just not a very good rock voice. When he pushes it, he sounds forced and, frankly, silly.

His work on Magellan was his peak.

Do you ever stick to your guns? You just said he was terrible! Now his voice is beautiful and it gives you goose bumps?

Either way, he's a fantastic vocalist.

Yes, silly: When I said "I should have expanded more on that thought," I was saying my initial criticism was too generalized and I should have been more specific. He's terrible when he pushes his voice, but he does a fine job when he mellows out. His voice doesn't give me goosebumps in general; I was just talking about the song Chance. Smile
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

Fight for the Rock? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight for the Rock?   Fight for the Rock? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 4:11 pm

Eyesore wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Runicen wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Lastly, I'll throw in this: Zach is a terrible vocalist. K that covers all bases for now.

I felt this way for a long while, but he's starting to grow on me and I'm starting to recognize the strength of the albums he's the primary vocalist for - particularly Wake of Magellan.

I think his weakness is that Paul O'Neill tried to get him to angry up his voice and sing like Jon, which was a huge mistake.  He simply doesn't sound natural doing it and can't emote for crap with that sound.  Somewhere in the liners for Edge of Thorns, it talks about Zach being able to sing Roads to Madness by Queensryche and I kind of suspect his natural range was more of a Halford/Tate thing.

Just a shame and a what-if.  

TGD, probably not far from the truth...

You're actually onto something; I should have expanded more on that thought. Yes, he can't sing angry. But his mellow voice? Beautiful. Good example of this is Chance. I still get goosebumps at that final section. He has a great voice for theater, just not a very good rock voice. When he pushes it, he sounds forced and, frankly, silly.

His work on Magellan was his peak.

Do you ever stick to your guns? You just said he was terrible! Now his voice is beautiful and it gives you goose bumps?

Fight for the Rock? - Page 3 WeAreWaffling

lol! 
Back to top Go down

Fight for the Rock?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3