Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules

Go down 
+26
James B.
AutumnShantel
akeldama
stepcousin
mr.electric39
Dark Horseman
deathisgain
corplhicks
metalinmyveins
Orion Crystal Ice
ultmetal
chewie
thejokeriv
Witchfinder
Boris2008
journeyman
manny
ZombieHavoc
MoonChild
Lari
MetallicSeminarian
tohostudios
Required Fields
Thelemech
Stender
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Which is the better album in your opinion?
Heaven and Hell
Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules - Page 2 Vote_lcap80%Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 80% [ 32 ]
Mob Rules
Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 40

AuthorMessage
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules   Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 2:45 pm

I wanna give some props to Dehumanizer. While it's definitely inferior to the two in this poll, it's still a darn good album.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules   Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 3:16 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Mob Rules is a classic. Heaven & Hell is quite a lot better than that.

That said, the slightly unpopular Turn Up the Night is my favorite Dio Sabbath song ever.

Yeah that's my least favorite Dio Sabbath song. Kind of generic compared to the rest of their output.

You are allowed to sound generic when you helped define that genre  Very Happy 

But that's what I love so much about that song, it kinda sounds like Black Lizzy!  headbanger 
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules   Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 4:17 pm

Who else loves the slightly unpopular (I never see it mentioned) 'Country Girl'....?
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules   Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 4:38 pm

H&H is a sentimental favorite but both are great.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules   Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 4:38 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Who else loves the slightly unpopular (I never see it mentioned) 'Country Girl'....?

I like it. It reminds me of Rainbow.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules   Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 4:39 pm

went with Heaven and Hell.....

however The Mob Rules is one of the greatest metal tunes ever.... just listening to to e5150 reminds of something a friend of mine said.... "Dude that sounds like something from Planet of The Apes....."

headbanger 
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules   Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 4:40 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

I love that cornball song.  lol! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules   Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 4:45 pm

Country Girl is a good track, I really like the live version from the Live At Hammersmith Odeon set recorded during the Mob Rules tour.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules   Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 4:51 pm

S.D. wrote:
Country Girl is a good track, I really like the live version from the Live At Hammersmith Odeon set recorded during the Mob Rules tour.  

I 100% agree with you, but I think you and I are one of the few peps on this board who love live albums
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules   Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 5:30 pm

manny wrote:
S.D. wrote:

I 100% agree with you, but I think you and I are one of the few peps on this board who love live albums

Count me in for live albums as well, although I go for the more classic ones for the most part.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules   Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 5:54 pm

Love Country Girl, love live albums (listening to one right now MSG One Night at Budokan  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules   Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 6:11 pm

Heaven and Hell and Die Young are my favourite tracks.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules   Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 6:26 pm

Tough call. Both have incredible side 1's, but side 2 of H&H is better than side 2 of Mob Rules. Also, I prefer Ward's drum style more than Appice. So I suppose I'd pick H&H over Mob Rules. I consider those 2 albums like a part one and part two of a killer 2 year era that ranks up there with any of the greatest back-to-back releases by any heavy metal band in any era.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules   Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 7:03 pm

Mob Rules. It's actually a lot better to me but Heaven & Hell is great!
Back to top Go down
AutumnShantel
Metal novice
Metal novice
AutumnShantel

Number of posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules   Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 7:57 pm

I absolutely LOVE Turn Up the Night, and there's a couple other songs on there I really like, but I've listened to Heaven and Hell hundreds of times and it just doesn't get old... plus, the bass lines on it are way catchy.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules   Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 8:10 pm

The drummer aspect nails it for me, "Heaven And Hell"

Metal novice
Metal novice
AutumnShantel

Number of posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules   Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 8:36 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

It was my favorite track but then I overplayed it on the bass and sort of ruined it...
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules   Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 12:52 am

Added another vote for Heaven And Hell. "Neon Knights" (KILLER opening), "Wishing Well" (that bass! Makes me want to get up and rock!) and "Children Of The Sea" are just stellar! I like Mob Rules, too, but none of the songs on that album grab me like those H&H tracks.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules   Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 12:53 am

AutumnShantel wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

It was my favorite track but then I overplayed it on the bass and sort of ruined it...

"Country Girl" is one of my top 3 songs off Mob Rules.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules   Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 3:48 pm

James B. wrote:
The drummer aspect nails it for me, "Heaven And Hell"

Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules - Page 2 25679
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules   Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 3:49 pm

Oh yeah! My vote is for Heaven & Hell...........
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules   Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 6:01 pm

I lean toward Mob Rules nowadays, for H&H being kind of overplayed. Mob seems more consistent, keeping me interested throughout the listen, while H&H slays with the title track, Neon Knights and Children..., reaching its peak at Die Young, and then I'm likely to listen to something else.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules   Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 6:08 pm

No way does H&H peak with Die Young. Not when you have an amazing song like Lonely Is The Word ending the album. One of my favorite tracks with Dio and featuring some of Iommi's most tasteful playing on record.

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules   Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 6:55 pm

Love both but Heaven And Hell gets my vote.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules   Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 5:35 am

S.D. wrote:
No way does H&H peak with Die Young.  Not when you have an amazing song like Lonely Is The Word ending the album.  One of my favorite tracks with Dio and featuring some of Iommi's most tasteful playing on record.
Well, it does for me. Obviously is a subjective preference that I probably should've pointed out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules   Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heaven and hell Vs. Mob rules
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next