Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heaven and Hell

Go down 
+6
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
candlemass
Troublezone
Wicked Rick
ultmetal
10 posters
AuthorMessage

Heaven and Hell Empty
PostSubject: Heaven and Hell   Heaven and Hell Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 2:18 pm

I just bought my tickets for the show in Dallas May 3rd. I was wondering if anybody has seen the show yet and has a review?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Heaven and Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell   Heaven and Hell Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 9:10 am

I've got tickets as well. I've not heard a complaint about the show on the web yet.

Heaven and Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell   Heaven and Hell Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 12:34 am

acepug wrote:
I just bought my tickets for the show in Dallas May 3rd. I was wondering if anybody has seen the show yet and has a review?
This review sucks.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Wicked Rick
Metal novice
Metal novice
Wicked Rick

Number of posts : 61

Heaven and Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell   Heaven and Hell Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2007 2:05 pm

I got tickets for May 1st. Cannot wait.
Heaven & Hell is one of my top 5 Metal cd's.

WR
Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Heaven and Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell   Heaven and Hell Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2007 11:09 am

I would really like to see this tour but i probably won't.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

Heaven and Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell   Heaven and Hell Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 7:54 am

I have my tickets for 5/11, not as excited about this as I once was, but I still may go.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

Heaven and Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell   Heaven and Hell Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 9:08 am

I had hopes of seeing the 5/19 gig in New Jersey but as fate would have it, I'm going to be camping in Pennsylvania at the time. The things I give up for the sake of family unity... @#$%!!!!
Back to top Go down

Heaven and Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell   Heaven and Hell Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 2:06 pm

I loved the show I saw them play (Calgary on March 14). Dio still has a killer voice!
Back to top Go down

Heaven and Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell   Heaven and Hell Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 11:31 pm

Saw the boys in Toronto and she blew my mind.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Heaven and Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell   Heaven and Hell Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 9:41 am

Saw Black Sabbath and Megadeth this past Saturday at the Journal Pavilion in Albuquerque. GREAT SHOW. Both bands were outstanding. Megadeth played a lot of older material from "Peace Sells..." and "Rust in Peace" which was a nice surprise. The band was tight, with a capitol "T". I banged my head quite a bit during their show. As I recall, this was the set list:

Megadeth

1. Sleepwalker
2. Take No Prisoners
3. Kick The Chair
4. Wake Up Dead
5. Hangar 18
6. Washington Is Next
7. Tornado Of Souls
8. Symphony of Destruction
9. Peace Sells
10. Holy Wars

Heaven & Hell (aka Black Sabbath w/ Dio) were also outstanding! Geezer is still the man. Dio commands the stage as always and Tony Iommi is amazing. I've seen Black Sabbath several times, including the "Born Again Tour" with Ian Gillan. This was actually the first time with Dio and I must say they were technically a lot better with Dio than they ever were with Ozzy. This could also be that there was none of the Ozzy material played. The entire set list consisted of Dio-era material. Every song was phenomenal. I know some people don't care for "Dehumanizer", but the songs from this album sounded just as great as the rest of the material. "I" was incredibly heavy!

The set was based around a castle. The band wasn't overly active, but there was enough going on with lighting effects and such to keep you're eyes busy while injesting the heavy music that was being played. One either side of the stage there were windows with crosses in them. Smoke would emerge from these windows with lights that looked a bit like rays of sunshine coming through. It was very cool effect. For each song there was something different happening on the stage. I can't explain it all. All I can say is, if you get the chance, don't miss this tour.

1. E5150
2. After All (The Dead)
3. The Mob Rules
4. Children of the sea
5. Lady Evil
6. I
7. The sign of the southern cross
8. Voodoo
9. The Devil’s Cried
10. Vinnie Appice drum solo
11. Computer God
12. Shadow of the Wind
13. Falling off the edge to the world
14. Die Young
15. Heaven and Hell
16. Neon Knight

Heaven and Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell   Heaven and Hell Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 11:19 am

I caught this show in Dallas as well last Thursday. All I can say it wow ! They were F#$KING AMAZING.
We were in the pit area, and right up next to the barricade on Tony
Iommi's side. I wanted to stand on his side so I could watch the master
at work. We had a facefull of blasting Laneys for the entire set, it
was awesome !

They were very much "on" that evening. It was one of those magic
concerts. Dio commanded the stage like some demon imp from the ninth
circle of hell, he sounded great and Geezer is indeed still the man ! I never
thought I'd ever see this legendary incarnation of Black Sabbath
perform live. It was a phenomenal experience.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Heaven and Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell   Heaven and Hell Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 9:53 am

Saw the show last night (Thursday) at the Spectrum in Philly. We skipped Machine Head, opting instead to pre-game in the parking lot with icy beverages.

Megadeth was awesome. Their set-list was the same as Ult listed. Looking forward to hearing the new cd. I'm curious how the Drover brothers handle playing original music. They handle the classics like pros. And if you told me 10 years ago that the bass player for White Lion would be playing in Megadeth, I woulda called you a stinkin' liar and bopped you in the mush.

Sabbath was so cool. I never thought in a million years that I'd see that line-up perform. Dio was very friendly to the crowd and very complimentary about playing again in Philly. Again, the set-list was the same as listed above and just sounded great. The stage set-up was very cool too.

This morning, my head is pounding, neck is stiff, my ears are ringing and my voice is hoarse. All-in-all, a great evening!

Go see this show!!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Heaven and Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell   Heaven and Hell Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 12:13 pm

there is a review of a heaven and hell cocert on Metal-rules.com if anyone wants to have a look.

it is also an awesome website if you are not familiar with it
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

Heaven and Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell   Heaven and Hell Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 10:29 pm

Best show this year for me!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Heaven and Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell   Heaven and Hell Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 11:11 am

i would like to see them but probably wont do cos no-one i know likes the dio years
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Heaven and Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell   Heaven and Hell Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 4:40 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I had hopes of seeing the 5/19 gig in New Jersey
but as fate would have it, I'm going to be camping in Pennsylvania at
the time. The things I give up for the sake of family unity...
@#$%!!!!

LMAO, stinkin family.lol!
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Heaven and Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell   Heaven and Hell Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 12:43 pm

I hope things go well enough for a full album.
Back to top Go down
Skysplitter
Metal student
Metal student
Skysplitter

Number of posts : 100

Heaven and Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell   Heaven and Hell Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 5:23 pm

Saw them in Detroit last May, and Dio's voice was killer. Tony's performance was just awesome as well. Megadeth wer OK, I prefer them with Marty Friedman, but they had an entertaining set. The other band, Machine Head, were horrible. I hate growl bands.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Heaven and Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell   Heaven and Hell Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 10:31 am

I just got the new live album in the mail today... excellent. I'm glad to finally own some Dehumanizer material in great quality.
Back to top Go down

Heaven and Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell   Heaven and Hell Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 10:15 pm

Got the live one coming through lala, believe it or not.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Heaven and Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell   Heaven and Hell Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 8:35 am

yes i got tickets for heaven and hell at nottingham arena on november 15th with lamb of gods necksnapping riffs and iced earths epic power metal suppoerting the awesome doom of sabbath
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Heaven and Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell   Heaven and Hell Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heaven and Hell
Page 1 of 1