Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Selling your Cds.

Go down 
+24
sovdat
nevermore
corplhicks
80s Metal Lady
Boris2008
Vexer6
ZombieHavoc
Gilbert
ultmetal
jstate
Thrasher73
choosemetal
MetallicSeminarian
scottmitchell74
mc666
Svengo
manny
SideShowDisaSter
adrian
rajah
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
Short-Fuse
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Selling your Cds. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selling your Cds.   Selling your Cds. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 1:13 am

Don't sell. Have traded. Most expensive purchase: $40 for Fear Not. Worth it.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: Selling your Cds.   Selling your Cds. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 9:23 am

Haven't sold any for a super outrageous amount. I just paid $23 for an import copy of Scorpions' In Trance.
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Selling your Cds.   Selling your Cds. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 8:13 am

Sold Deafen MCD on ebay for $599.99. The most I paid was $450 for 2 CDs, both of which are now worth well more than that.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39590

PostSubject: Re: Selling your Cds.   Selling your Cds. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 8:54 am

I don't really sell. The only times I have was when a cd got re-released with bonus tracks or what not and I upgraded. The re-sell value on those are usually minimal. I think the most I've ever paid for a cd was in the mis $20 range. I don't go hog wild on this simply because I can't afford to.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Selling your Cds.   Selling your Cds. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 10:11 am

I still sell from time-to-time. In fact, I'm getting together a bunch for ebay soon. Trim some of the fat from the collection. I used to get alot of free cds from work that I could turn-around for pure profit, but those days are done. Record companies don't send out free copies anymore.

The last big turn-around was about 2 years ago when I picked up an original copy of Pretty Boy Floyd's Leather Boyz with Electric Toyz album for a buck or 2 at a pawn shop, then sold it on ebay for like $32 or $33.

The most I've spent on a single cd would be less than $20 and that was years ago when I had more disposable cash and no wife or kids. I'm too cheap.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Selling your Cds.   Selling your Cds. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 12:17 pm

I had to sell most of my CDs back in 2002...got crap for them, but needed the money for the family...it sucked.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Selling your Cds.   Selling your Cds. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 12:44 pm

I sold probably 3/4 of my collection between 2009 and 2010 just due to desperate circumstances.  Not a pleasant experience and I'm still trying to trace down some CDs that I regret parting with.  Fortunately, not that many of them were that rare and there were plenty I tossed that weren't missed at all.

At this point, I'll toss them here and there.  The litmus test is usually picking something up with great enthusiasm, spinning it once, and then seeing it on my "to listen" shelf forlorn and neglected after six months or more.  Hey, I'm all for collecting, but why have an album I'll never spin taking up space a new favorite could occupy?

Anymore, my first check is to enter the barcode number into Amazon to see if I can list it there with any expectation of an ok return or even just breaking even.  I get lucky from time to time there.  After that, I'll just leave a stack of "don't bother" cds and let it build up until I have enough to be worth a CD's price in store credit or so.

Outside of box sets, I don't think I've ever spent more than $20 on an individual CD. I might have gone $25 for a double disc, but shopping around usually makes that unnecessary. The Budgie discography reissues have me tempted to violate that limit though - all single discs running around $25.

I did manage to resell a few Pink Floyd solo albums for between $60 and $80 a few years back though. Considering they were kinda "meh" anyway, talk about free money!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Selling your Cds.   Selling your Cds. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Selling your Cds.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: