Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Selling your Cds.

Go down 
+24
sovdat
nevermore
corplhicks
80s Metal Lady
Boris2008
Vexer6
ZombieHavoc
Gilbert
ultmetal
jstate
Thrasher73
choosemetal
MetallicSeminarian
scottmitchell74
mc666
Svengo
manny
SideShowDisaSter
adrian
rajah
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
Short-Fuse
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Short-Fuse
Metal student
Metal student
Short-Fuse

Number of posts : 195

Selling your Cds. Empty
PostSubject: Selling your Cds.   Selling your Cds. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 8:15 pm

I sold my original copy of Razor's Shotgun Justice for $200.The most I've ever spent on a cd is $ 60 for an original copy of Violent Playground's Thrashin Blues, and most recently paid $50 + for White Spirit's debut. What is the most you've sold a cd for? Consequently, what's the most you've paid or ever will pay for a highly wanted collectible cd?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

Selling your Cds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selling your Cds.   Selling your Cds. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 8:18 pm

Never sold any, though I've traded loads of discs away to used CD stores over the years.
Most I've ever spent on a disc was $42.98 for a Japanese copy of Raven's "Destroy All Monsters" live CD when it was a new release back in 1995.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

Selling your Cds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selling your Cds.   Selling your Cds. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 8:36 pm

I've never sold any of mine. I think the most I ever spent was $50 for the Metal Blade version of Heretic's Breaking Point. Of course it's been reissued twice since then.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

Selling your Cds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selling your Cds.   Selling your Cds. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 8:48 pm

I've sold several out-of-print Blue Note CDs (jazz) ranging from $30 to $60, but that was several years ago.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Selling your Cds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selling your Cds.   Selling your Cds. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 9:24 pm

Sold my copy of Shotgun Justice for $467 some years ago. Most I've spent on a single cd [at the height of my addiction] was $60 for Viking - Man of Straw, long before a re-issue was ever considered.
Back to top Go down
rajah
Metal student
Metal student
rajah

Number of posts : 105

Selling your Cds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selling your Cds.   Selling your Cds. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 9:41 pm

Paid $20-$30 on a lot of imports and out of print cd's over the years. But the most was $60 for the original Ratt E.P. I had been looking for a copy for years and finally just broke down and used my monthly cd allowance to get it.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

Selling your Cds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selling your Cds.   Selling your Cds. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 10:01 pm

I sold the Millennium tv series soundtrack for about 120 bucks. I've never paid more than 25 I think and the only cds in that range have been imports.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

Selling your Cds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selling your Cds.   Selling your Cds. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 10:10 pm

I paid $70 I believe for Vulture - Easier To Lie many years ago.

Most I ever got was $400 or so for Usurper - Divine Spiritual and Intellectual Development.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Selling your Cds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selling your Cds.   Selling your Cds. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 10:18 pm

I have never sold any of my CD's and the most I paid for CD, well boxset was Iron Maiden's Eddie Archives which I actually paid a $100 for when it was first released
Back to top Go down

Selling your Cds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selling your Cds.   Selling your Cds. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 10:42 pm

The most expensive single item I purchased was the Duke Ellington Centennial box set which I think was 24 CDs and I paid around $250 for it at the time.
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

Selling your Cds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selling your Cds.   Selling your Cds. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 10:52 pm

Got a fairly rare Mars Volta live EP that I think still goes for $100 or more.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Selling your Cds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selling your Cds.   Selling your Cds. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 11:14 pm

I've never sold any cd. If I have one I don't want like a dupe or something, I just give it away or throw it away.

scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Selling your Cds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selling your Cds.   Selling your Cds. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 11:27 pm

Probably $20-25 paid for and I sold my Iron Maiden 2-CD Castle versions years ago. Some went for $50-60 on Ebay, some $20-something. Had some Christian Rock/Metal CDs sell in the low-mid $30s. Not the massive amounts some of you have. Holy Cow, $400 +??!
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

Selling your Cds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selling your Cds.   Selling your Cds. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 11:28 pm

I don't think I've ever sold a CD. The CD in my collection that actually cost the most was probably Whiteheart's Hotline, which went for about $60. But I rarely pay more than $15-$20 as a general rule.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

Selling your Cds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selling your Cds.   Selling your Cds. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 12:01 am

I've mostly just traded my CD's the most I ever pay for CD's is like 20-25 bucks and that's for imports.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Selling your Cds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selling your Cds.   Selling your Cds. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 1:47 am

Never sold one for an outrageous amount.Most I ever spent was 50 bucks on Alligator-Cerebral Implosion.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Selling your Cds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selling your Cds.   Selling your Cds. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 9:07 am

Great album Thrashy!!!

The LEAST I ever sold a cd for?  1 penny...to you...next Sunday night.... http://stores.ebay.com/Uncle-Saxons-Kickass-CD-Store?_trksid=p2047675.l2563
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Selling your Cds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selling your Cds.   Selling your Cds. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 9:25 am

Most I spent was 70.00 for the Cross Purposes Live set.  Of course learned my lesson when not long after saw the cd alone for ten.  You live, you learn.  I paid I believe sixty something for Mystic Force's  Shipwrecked With The Wicked.  That was money well spent.  Leeway's Born To Expire would be the next at 45.00.  That was an actual bargain.

Have never sold a cd but my local library would have a book sale where after 3:00 in the afternoon everything you could stuff in a grocery bag would cost a buck total.  So I would pretty much grab every cd left to trade into Hastings for credit.  One year there was a Michael Bubble two disc/dvd that alone got me thirty bucks in credit.  I assume it was rare.

I'm pretty much done paying collectors prices (and no longer doing ebay helps with that).  I would pay a nice chunk of change for Lawshed's Let Us Not Talk Falsely however.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Selling your Cds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selling your Cds.   Selling your Cds. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 9:36 am

I paid $75 for Aerosmith's King's Chronicles CDs, but it's a 6 CD set.

Right after P.O.D. signed to Sony I sold the first three POD CDs for around $120. I don't tend to sell much music. I'm more of a buyer/collector. I've been offered large sums of money for things in my collection, but I don't sell. My wife says my Cds/LPs are worthless because I will never sell them so they are worth nothing. :-)

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

Selling your Cds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selling your Cds.   Selling your Cds. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 11:21 am

Never sold any cd.

I did however buy over 80 cds from a syrian political refugee who is forced to sell his collection, for around 25 $ per cd.

The most I paid for is a grave digger dvd (60 $).
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Selling your Cds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selling your Cds.   Selling your Cds. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 12:00 pm

The most I ever paid was $30-35ish...I don't remember what all exactly, but I know I have a couple of times.

The most I ever sold a CD for was $50. I sold a few for that amount...off the top of my head, I know I sold Samhain's Initium and The Skids' Absolute Game for $50 each when I was selling my entire collection in 2006. There might have been a couple others close to that range, too, but can't remember for sure.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

Selling your Cds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selling your Cds.   Selling your Cds. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 9:38 pm

I've never sold any of my CD's, though I have given a few away.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

Selling your Cds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selling your Cds.   Selling your Cds. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 9:52 pm

I've sold some CD's to a friend for like 5 to 10 bucks each but other than that I have just traded em. Also I don't think I have paid over like 20 bucks for a CD and the CD was from Sweden.

Last edited by choosemetal on Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Selling your Cds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selling your Cds.   Selling your Cds. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 9:54 pm

Never sold a CD. Most paid £135 but that was for the CD/DVD/Blu Ray/Book/alkindsofcrap DTP Retinal Circus Set.

BTW Uncle Saxon, You are over charging for the Avenged sevenfold CD's!  lol! 
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

Selling your Cds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selling your Cds.   Selling your Cds. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 11:34 pm

I usually sell CDs in lots. For an individual CD, I think the most I got was $21.50 for Queens of the Stoneage. Can't remember the most I paid for a CD (not including box sets, I'm assuming). I probably paid $30+ for something(s).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Selling your Cds. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selling your Cds.   Selling your Cds. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Selling your Cds.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next