Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Amazon selling brand new metal albums for 4-5 dollars?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

Amazon selling brand new metal albums for 4-5 dollars? Empty
PostSubject: Amazon selling brand new metal albums for 4-5 dollars?   Amazon selling brand new metal albums for 4-5 dollars? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 7:37 pm

I noticed Amazon sells classic metal albums for about $3.99 brand new. I'm looking to pick up stuff like Dokken, Cinderella, Dio, and other stuff I haven't gotten to add to my collection. Has anyone seen this? They're pretty much the original versions, but for as cheap as that and getting free shipping for lots over $35 (from Amazon themselves of course), it sounds like a bargain. Any recommendations from this catalog?

So far my wishlist includes:
Dio / Holy Diver
Dokken / Back for the Attack
Dokken / Tooth and Nail (2008 version)
Dokken / Under Lock & Key
Yngwie Malmsteem / Rising Force

Yes, I'm well aware that I'm missing a lot of essentials. Let me know which that I should get, whether they're popular or not, mostly traditional metal. Not into Death or extreme stuff.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Amazon selling brand new metal albums for 4-5 dollars?   Amazon selling brand new metal albums for 4-5 dollars? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 8:08 am

Instead of buying it new, why not buy a used copy instead for the low LOW price of $405? (plus 3.99 shipping)!
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Amazon selling brand new metal albums for 4-5 dollars?   Amazon selling brand new metal albums for 4-5 dollars? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 9:44 am

I don't know if it matters to you, but some of these lower priced metal CDs that are kicking around are part of a "Flashback" series...I know I saw the Dokken albums in that format before. I don't think there's anything wrong with them, other than changing up the back cover/inlay card a bit (and sometimes there will be like a border around the front cover).

Just a heads up, since things like that bother some people (myself included, though I know it is completely irrational).
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Amazon selling brand new metal albums for 4-5 dollars?   Amazon selling brand new metal albums for 4-5 dollars? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 2:08 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
I don't know if it matters to you, but some of these lower priced metal CDs that are kicking around are part of a "Flashback" series...I know I saw the Dokken albums in that format before. I don't think there's anything wrong with them, other than changing up the back cover/inlay card a bit (and sometimes there will be like a border around the front cover).

Just a heads up, since things like that bother some people (myself included, though I know it is completely irrational).

Aren't some of them digipaks?
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Amazon selling brand new metal albums for 4-5 dollars?   Amazon selling brand new metal albums for 4-5 dollars? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 2:10 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:

Aren't some of them digipaks?

The one I that said Flashback series was Dio's "Lock Up The Wolves" and it was not a digipak, nor was the Dokken ULAK that I remember seeing a bunch of times a couple years ago at store. Those are the only two I can actually recall seeing physical copies of though, so I'm not sure about others possible being in digi.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Amazon selling brand new metal albums for 4-5 dollars?   Amazon selling brand new metal albums for 4-5 dollars? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 1:18 pm

The flashback series stuff is actually a great way to get some great old stuff without unloading your bank account....

Yeah some of the graphic stuff is a bit different, I try not to let it bother me.... Not as important to me, sometimes.... well most of the time..... errrhh... Not THAT often.... lol....

headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

PostSubject: Re: Amazon selling brand new metal albums for 4-5 dollars?   Amazon selling brand new metal albums for 4-5 dollars? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 1:20 pm

Apparently there is a remastered version of the first Arcade album! Definately want to pick that one up!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Amazon selling brand new metal albums for 4-5 dollars?   Amazon selling brand new metal albums for 4-5 dollars? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 9:51 pm

Muckie, Best Buy is usually pretty good for stuff like this- Black Sabbath, Metallica, Megadeth, Ozzy, Dokken originals and brand new are like $6 or so there. There are a lot of BB's in Massachusetts, I don't know how prevalent they are in California (at least that's where I think you are). Smile

Oh, and the first Arcade is a great album to my ears.
Back to top Go down
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

PostSubject: Re: Amazon selling brand new metal albums for 4-5 dollars?   Amazon selling brand new metal albums for 4-5 dollars? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 1:13 am

I'm in Las Vegas. Best Buy diminished a lot of their CD selection in recent years. They used to have aisles full, now it's just a relatively small section of current popular releases. :\
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Amazon selling brand new metal albums for 4-5 dollars?   Amazon selling brand new metal albums for 4-5 dollars? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 10:04 am

Yeah, they are carrying less and less CD's but they are actually becoming a go to place for me for new releases cheap. I just checked their website for the new WASP and it's only $12 whereas my local chain doesn't even have it listed in their new release email/ newsletter I get every week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amazon selling brand new metal albums for 4-5 dollars?   Amazon selling brand new metal albums for 4-5 dollars? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Amazon selling brand new metal albums for 4-5 dollars?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: