Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy

Go down 
+20
AmongTheRest
Alex Dee Rokket
James B.
metalhead777
scottmitchell74
Orion Crystal Ice
Witchfinder
Boris2008
Lurideath
nevermore
Gilbert
manny
ultmetal
Addy
stormspell
mc666
corplhicks
Eyesore
MetalRob331
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy   Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 10:26 pm

I just listened to the new release. As someone who wasn't expecting much and didn't particularly care for the title track/single, I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised and very much impressed. The new vocalist sounds excellent. There's enough variation in the growling style to keep it from getting boring; that, and some killer songwriting. I can easily see tracks like "Never Forgive, Never Forget," "As the Pages Burn," and "You Will Know My Name" ranking among my favorite AE songs.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy   Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 9:55 pm

Got the new album today. After two listens...awesome. This album easily rivals anything the band has done in the past, or at least with Angela. The pre-Gossow era might as well be a different band. No sense in comparing.

Anyway, the new one is outstanding. Even the cover track is awesome.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy   Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 4:49 pm

I've been listening to it on Spotify; it's quite excellent and easily on par with past releases. Can't wait to actually purchase it.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy   Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 9:43 pm

It sounds as good as anything else they've done. A little more energy than the last couple though. I liked it.

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy   Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 1:59 pm

I listened to on the elliptical yesterday. I haven't felt that kind of intensity during cardio in a long ass time. This album is on fire and just happens to be one of those rare occurrences where every song carries equal weight (love the Shadow on the Wall cover). Do I wish Alissa would've sung here and there? Eh, not really. One thing she really does well is this bizarre ability of making her screams sound melodic, which is unnerving as F*ck. And the symphonic elements here emphasize it all. I can't get enough of this album.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy   Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 4:22 pm

Listening to it at the moment. Sounds pretty good to me so far.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy   Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 4:59 pm

I never really carred about them but i saw 3 video clips of songs from there new álbum and like them a lot. I like this female Singer more tan ANGELA GOSSOW and i just ordered this cd. It will be my first ARCH ENEMY álbum. Will see them live in August in the south of Spain too.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy   Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 7:19 pm

krokus wrote:
I never really carred about them but i saw 3 video clips of songs from there new álbum and like them a lot. I like this female Singer more tan ANGELA GOSSOW and i just ordered this cd. It will be my first ARCH ENEMY álbum. Will see them live in August in the south of Spain too.

Can't imagine you not liking their previous albums with Angela if you end up enjoying the new one. Give them a shot. =)
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy   Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 3:01 pm

My favorite track right now is Time is Black. I can't get enough of that arpeggio!
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy   Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 3:56 pm

i saw them live bout week ago they did gr8 job to hire Alisa !
she is perfect woman gr8 leader and woman has STYLE !
she worth for it, band seemed to be happy and realxed with her.
Alisa is very very good choice... all crowd included me staring at her whole show, she has power charisma ego... etc.
love her !
angela is nothing after all.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy   Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 7:04 pm

I think Angela definitely brought something special to the band. I just listened to the Revolution Begins EP and Legions of Khaos this morning, and was thinking about how unique and powerful her vocals sounded.

But I agree that Alisa is a perfect fit. The new album is fantastic. I wish I was able to see this current tour! Especially with Kreator opening... but the timing/venue of the Chicago area show doesn't work well for me.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy   Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 1:40 am

iamrockerfun wrote:

I definitely don't agree with that. Alissa is doing them justice though.

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy   Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 11:36 am

mc666 wrote:
iamrockerfun wrote:

I definitely don't agree with that. Alissa is doing them justice though.

I know there's a language barrier at play there, but I'm having a hard time figuring out exactly what he means... scratch
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy   Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 4:47 pm

i didnt mean it in bad way. thats for sure.
angela did gr8 job in past.
alisa is different and now much better leader than angela was in this time.
time is changing we need to accept that.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy   Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 10:35 pm

Well, War Eternal came in the mail and I've spun it a couple times. It's fantastic. It seems like the new blood has reenergized them. Definite keeper.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy   Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3