Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy

Go down 
+20
AmongTheRest
Alex Dee Rokket
James B.
metalhead777
scottmitchell74
Orion Crystal Ice
Witchfinder
Boris2008
Lurideath
nevermore
Gilbert
manny
ultmetal
Addy
stormspell
mc666
corplhicks
Eyesore
MetalRob331
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy   Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 2:42 pm

She growls okay, I've alway thought that the music was what was good about this band anyway and this is a good song. I've no idea what her clean vocals are like but I would welcome something to change up the woooaaaagghhh!! approach all the time.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy   Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 4:06 pm

Well, then. She's alright. Damn. That's a great song too. Just solid. How is it they keep mining gold?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy   Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 4:43 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Here's the video they just released today with the new singer:

Call me impressed. She sounds awesome, much heavier than I expected. Great tune.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40551

PostSubject: Re: Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy   Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 7:22 pm

Love the music,hate the vocals. I just never could get into that type for whatever reason. I'm just amazed that both women can sound like that.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy   Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 9:33 pm

Sounds good. Doesn't creep me out like Angela.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy   Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 9:24 am

I heard this track last night. I was quite impressed with it. Much better than I thought it would be.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy   Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 9:28 am

she's so awesome. Although in a press thing she said 'Wages of Sin' was the first metal album she ever bought...............................................................she has a lot of catching up to do.  Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy   Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 10:28 am

Well, that is a very good song. I prefer Angela's growl, but I like this too.

Concerning looks...both are hot...in an Apples/Oranges way. Very different looks.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy   Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 10:37 am

I always forget how much i dig Arch Enemy, that song's great  headbanger 
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy   Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 11:26 am

I'm kinda mixed on it. One one hand Angela was never anything more than "alright" to me in terms of her vocals and I don't think much different about the replacement.
Then again it might have something to do with Arch Enemy boring me to tears.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy   Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 11:30 am

I'm not an AE fan either. But I am of bluehair.  Razz
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy   Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 1:50 pm

metalhead777 wrote:
I'm kinda mixed on it. One one hand Angela was never anything more than "alright" to me in terms of her vocals and I don't think much different about the replacement.

Musically they write some killer songs IMO but with this vocal style one can only tolerate so much. AE are one of the few metal bands that use extreme vocals, that I actually like! It's because musically they have so much to offer.

I still say Alissa should do some clean parts, I think it would make more people appreciate them.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy   Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 2:08 pm

Maybe they can dress up some dude as a chick and make some happy ?

If they do utilize the new girl to the best of her abilities, folks will moan and groan that they are selling out or blah blah blah.  At least they are still kickin and givin it a go.   thumbs up on the new tuneage as well.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy   Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 2:20 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
metalhead777 wrote:

Musically they write some killer songs IMO but with this vocal style one can only tolerate so much.  AE are one of the few metal bands that use extreme vocals, that I actually like!  It's because musically they have so much to offer.  

I still say Alissa should do some clean parts, I think it would make more people appreciate them.

+1 on both points.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy   Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 2:25 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
metalhead777 wrote:

Musically they write some killer songs IMO but with this vocal style one can only tolerate so much.  AE are one of the few metal bands that use extreme vocals, that I actually like!  It's because musically they have so much to offer.  

I....I agree with MetalRob331 wholeheartedly, word for word!  Shocked  surprised 

I'm going for a lie down!  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy   Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 4:10 pm

Instrumentally the song sounds great, in fact that has always been AE's strength. The new vocalist is not bad - similar to Angela maybe a touch more feminine yet still as aggressive sounding.

Unfortunately this comes a bit late for me - I am really burnt out on this style of music these days. I can tolerate a song here and there whenever I randomly stumble upon one; however extreme metal just doesn't sound the same to my ears anymore as it did when I was younger.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy   Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 7:48 pm

corplhicks wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
metalhead777 wrote:

+1 on both points.

I disagree. While I'd love her to do some clean vocals, I think it would just piss most fans off.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy   Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 11:09 pm

Eyesore wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
metalhead777 wrote:

+1 on both points.

I disagree. While I'd love her to do some clean vocals, I think it would just piss most fans off.

She eventually will with them Smile
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy   Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 1:02 am

I think the hardcore "death metal or nothing" crowd might piss & moan, but I think her cleans would go well over AE's music. It might also open them up to a bigger audience. It would be a waste not to use the full scope of her talents.

A lot of the more modern melodeath bands are using cleans now along with the growls & screams, blurring the lines between melodeath & metalcore.

MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy   Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 11:44 am

mc666 wrote:
I think the hardcore "death metal or nothing" crowd might piss & moan, but I think her cleans would go well over AE's music. It might also open them up to a bigger audience. It would be a waste not to use the full scope of her talents.

A lot of the more modern melodeath bands are using cleans now along with the growls & screams, blurring the lines between melodeath & metalcore.

My thoughts exactly  headbanger 
Back to top Go down
AmongTheRest
Metal novice
Metal novice
AmongTheRest

Number of posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy   Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 3:18 pm

I'm not too crazy about the song. We'll see how they do as time passes by, but for now it's nothing special, something's missing.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy   Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 2:50 pm

I certainly think including some clean vocals would definitely be interesting and it'd help Arch Enemy move out of their ever so slightly stale sound - the last few albums have had a bit of a tendency for every song to blend in to the next. However, they did try incorporating some clean (if mildly tuneless) vocals on Anthems of Rebellion and, if I remember correctly, it was never all that well received. I wouldn't be surprised if that put them off.

Still, I'm really intrigued to hear the new album. The new track is decent and Alissa's voice is great - she has a bit of a Liiva edge to her voice which I like.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy   Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 1:51 pm

New lyric video:

headbanger 
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy   Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 2:13 pm

pretty awesome track
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy   Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 6:16 pm

Yeah, great tune.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy   Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Angela Gossow leaves Arch Enemy
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next