Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metallica - Lords of Summer

Go down 
+26
Metal Misfit
MetallicSeminarian
DakotaRogers
Alex Dee Rokket
thejokeriv
corplhicks
James B.
Shawn Of Fire
The_Jayroh
Thrasher73
Witchfinder
A Handful of Wayne
ultmetal
krokus
mc666
Lurideath
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Addy
Eyesore
Sword Of The Heretic
Gilbert
MoonChild
ZombieHavoc
Dark Horseman
Boris2008
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Metallica - Lords of Summer - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 3:50 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
It's OK, not great... sounds like a Death Magnetic leftover that didn't make it to Beyond Magnetic

That's what I thought, too.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 12:15 pm

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
Agreed. Sounds ok but nothing exciting or interesting. Metallica seem obsessed with writing very long and convoluted songs these days. Shorter, faster and more focused songs are imo better. Even on DM, the closing track My Apocalypse is imo the best song on there.

If you ask me Metallica has had long, drawn out, redundant songs since MOP. In fact I feel St. Anger has the same cut and paste redundancy AJFA has except I personally like St. Anger. I'd take an album by Metallica with shorter songs but more bite over another 10 song 80 minute long album any day.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 12:38 pm

Well, that was...underwhelming.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 1:44 pm

MoonChild wrote:
James B. wrote:

MegaDave and company have been way more consistent than Metookcraptica (IMHDO)
For whatever that's worth ?

No doubt about it, Megadeth are consistent!  headbanger 

Not really. Thirteen and super collider are kind of boring. They lack the heaviness and speed

They still are better than metallica
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 12:39 pm

I don't like this new song at all. Rambles on for far too long and just sounds pieced together for no reason other than they somehow feel the need to write 8+minute songs.

Pass.

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 1:12 pm

There is one decent riff in this song, it lasts for approximately 10 seconds from 7:06 to 7:16.  At least they managed 10 seconds.   Razz
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 1:20 pm

I found it a chore to get through the whole song more than 1 time.

The first time I played it all the way through and thought it was bad. But I was willing to blame it on the live performance. On subsequent passes of the studio demo version, I bail out after about 5 minutes or so, if that. That's never a good sign. Especially from a band I still like. Kinda.

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metallica - Lords of Summer
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3