Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metallica - Lords of Summer

Go down 
+26
Metal Misfit
MetallicSeminarian
DakotaRogers
Alex Dee Rokket
thejokeriv
corplhicks
James B.
Shawn Of Fire
The_Jayroh
Thrasher73
Witchfinder
A Handful of Wayne
ultmetal
krokus
mc666
Lurideath
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Addy
Eyesore
Sword Of The Heretic
Gilbert
MoonChild
ZombieHavoc
Dark Horseman
Boris2008
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

Metallica - Lords of Summer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 4:16 am

This song sounds good, but I got bored after around four or five minutes in.  Maybe when I get the album I'll give it more of a chance since I really like a good chunk of Metallica's music.

They also uploaded this to their YouTube channel.

I listened to this again after posting, and I change my mind about being bored four minutes in.  Must have just been distracted or something while listening the first time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 5:18 am

This sounds cool.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 8:24 am

Metallica is one of few bands that, assuming it's music I like from them, can hold my attention for 7, 8, 9 minutes.

I don't think I've ever heard a 9-minute instrumental from any other band that I can listen to at any time and get completely sucked into.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 8:25 am

Boring

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 9:19 am

That demo version sounds excellent. I am pretty stoked now. If the album sounds like this, I am fully on board.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 9:28 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
That demo version sounds excellent. I am pretty stoked now. If the album sounds like this, I am fully on board.

I have never been interested in Metallica post-Black era, but as you said Zombie, if the album sounds like what we heard above, I might be in again.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 9:32 am

MoonChild wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:

I have never been interested in Metallica post-Black era, but as you said Zombie, if the album sounds like what we heard above, I might be in again.

Have you ever re-visited Death Magnetic?

I was always a 100% debut though Black Album only kind of guy and have basically hated everything after, until DM. When DM first came out, I wasn't heavily into it, but I have come to really, really like it. I still hate everything in between the Black Album and DM though.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 9:37 am

[quote="ZombieHavoc"]
MoonChild wrote:

No, not yet, but now that you mentioned, I shall try.

headbanger headbanger 
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 10:59 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
MoonChild wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:

I was always a 100% debut though Black Album only kind of guy and have basically hated everything after, until DM. When DM first came out, I wasn't heavily into it, but I have come to really, really like it. I still hate everything in between the Black Album and DM though.

I did, and I guess I liked it better than before, but my problem I realized was not the music but the vocals. Just couldn;t connect with the vocals as much as I could in early Metallica albums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 11:45 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Boring

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 2:17 pm

Sounds like Lars has let his kids play with the computer again  surprised  "cut and paste" works swell for school papers but not recording songs.

MegaDave and company have been way more consistent than Metookcraptica (IMHDO)
For whatever that's worth ?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 2:19 pm

James B. wrote:

No doubt about it, Megadeth are consistent!  headbanger 
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 2:21 pm

I kind of like it, for Metallica it's encouraging. But then i compare it with other stuff coming out now and realise I'll probably never listen to it (like all of the other albums since 1986)
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 2:25 pm

I've lost so much fondness for Metallica that I don't even have any interest in pushing the play button.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 2:35 pm

It's OK, not great... sounds like a Death Magnetic leftover that didn't make it to Beyond Magnetic
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 2:35 pm

Waited for the "saw a metallica sticker on a cadilac" line in the song, but it never came.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 6:57 pm

Ha, that's funny James.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 7:08 pm

Agreed. Sounds ok but nothing exciting or interesting. Metallica seem obsessed with writing very long and convoluted songs these days. Shorter, faster and more focused songs are imo better. Even on DM, the closing track My Apocalypse is imo the best song on there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 7:38 pm

I have no problem with long songs if the arrangement warrants it (and my music collection is chock full of long songs), but this is just too few ideas (and not very good ones at that) stretched out too long.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 7:55 pm

[quote="MoonChild"]
James B. wrote:

No doubt about it, Megadeth are consistent!  headbanger [/quote

I take it you haven't heard "Super Colliderp"?
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 8:23 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
MoonChild wrote:
James B. wrote:

I would take Super Collider over anything Metallica has done since The Black Album. But I do think United Abominations is the best of recent Megadeth.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 8:41 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
DakotaRogers wrote:
MoonChild wrote:
James B. wrote:

I would take Super Collider over anything Metallica has done since The Black Album. But I do think United Abominations is the best of recent Megadeth.

Same here. I think Death Magnetic is fine but Super Collider is better than most give it credit.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 8:54 pm

James B. wrote:

Consistently bad IMO.

MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 12:57 am

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
DakotaRogers wrote:
MoonChild wrote:
James B. wrote:

But...............

................. what is so bad about Super Collider?  Rolling Eyes 

Metallica - Lords of Summer - Page 2 395375 
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 12:50 pm

Sounds like something from Death Magnetic, which I liked a lot. That said, I don't care much for what I'm hearing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metallica - Lords of Summer
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next