Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lords of the New Church

Go down 
+5
manny
DeathCult
Shiney
tohostudios
Metallic Blaze
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Lords of the New Church Empty
PostSubject: Lords of the New Church   Lords of the New Church Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 5:54 pm

Lords of the New Church B06e0946eb_53893770_o2

Any fans of this early 80s goth band? They mixed a lot of punk in their music too. It was a cool hybrid of goth and punk. Very unique sound.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Lords of the New Church   Lords of the New Church Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 8:23 pm

"There's a method to my madness"

Features Stiv Bators from punk band The Dead Boys.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Lords of the New Church   Lords of the New Church Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 11:36 am

Yeah, they were a supergroup of sorts. Sid Bators from Dead Boys and also Brian James from The Damned (one of the first punk bands, even beating The Sex Pistols in releasing material).

You have all their stuff Toho? I only have a greatest hits album. I need to get their stuff, but I think it's pretty hard to find.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Lords of the New Church   Lords of the New Church Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 5:26 pm

I only have ther greatest hits too and from what I've read, that's really all you need.

My favorite song is Open Your Eyes.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Lords of the New Church   Lords of the New Church Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 7:05 pm

My favorite song is "Follow".
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Lords of the New Church   Lords of the New Church Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 8:48 pm

Loves me THE LORDS.....

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Lords of the New Church   Lords of the New Church Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 12:18 am

Love them, great band, especially that first era.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Lords of the New Church   Lords of the New Church Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 9:10 am

Lords of the New Church where a cool band and one of the first so called 'alternative ' bands I got into, at the time I had heard of the Dead Boys so I was unaware Stiv Bator's history.

Great band.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Lords of the New Church   Lords of the New Church Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 11:29 am

Cool! Glad to see there are some fans here.

I want to check out their former bands (The Dead Boys and The Damned) too. Is anyone into them? Are they worth checking out?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Lords of the New Church   Lords of the New Church Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 11:44 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:

I want to check out their former bands (The Dead Boys and The Damned) too. Is anyone into them? Are they worth checking out?

You say you want to check out The Damned? Their anthology is a great place to start. Hey, would ya look at that?...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200406665940&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Here's one right here. No bids yet either. I'd start there. Lords of the New Church Icon_razz

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Lords of the New Church   Lords of the New Church Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 2:50 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

You say you want to check out The Damned? Their anthology is a great place to start. Hey, would ya look at that?...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200406665940&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Here's one right here. No bids yet either. I'd start there. Lords of the New Church Icon_razz

Just placed a bid! Thanks man!

By the way, are you into Lords of the New Church? I hear they sound similar to The Damned.

Lords of the New Church 253444
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Lords of the New Church   Lords of the New Church Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 3:08 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

Just placed a bid! Thanks man!

By the way, are you into Lords of the New Church? I hear they sound similar to The Damned.

Lords of the New Church 253444

Never heard Lords, but I'm not a big fan of goth or punk. I like it in small doses from an even smaller, select group, like the Ramones or the Misfits. The Damned disc I picked up used was mainly for a song or 2 I recognized. The thought was, if I liked the anthology, I'll eventually get their albums. Turns out, I didn't care much for them. It was taking up valuable real estate space in the cd rack.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Lords of the New Church   Lords of the New Church Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 4:23 pm

The LORDS sounds is a darkly tuned hybrid of THE DAMNED gothic punk and the DEAD BOYS streety rawk....

If you like LORDS you will like both parental bands.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Lords of the New Church   Lords of the New Church Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 8:47 pm

The Lords are one of my absolute faves, despite the black leather image they had very little to do with the nascent "Batcave Goth" scene. Their reckless and sleazy genre splicing rock n' roll had more to do with contemporaries Hanoi Rocks who they shared a kinship with.

Between the Dead Boys and the Lords, Stiv released two great records..........Disconnected which is a fine collection of garage power pop and the band that led to the formation of the Lords, the Wanderers. Which was basically him backed by Sham 69, a great record which i've always compared with Hanoi Rocks's debut.

Oh yeah and drummer Nick Turner was in a great band before the Lords, the Barracudas. Their debut "Drop Out" is one my fave debut's of all time.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Lords of the New Church   Lords of the New Church Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 11:34 pm

I remember the videos for "Dance With Me" and a couple of others. Thought they were pretty good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

PostSubject: Re: Lords of the New Church   Lords of the New Church Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 11:46 am

I had almost completely forgotten about them...but, yes, I liked them. Now that I think of it, I don't have any albums from them, but I have a couple of songs in compilations here and there. I used to love "There's a Method to My Madness." Actually, I still hum that song a bit each time someone questions what I am doing. I'll usually sing back the chorus as a response automatically, but I had forgotten where the song came from.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Lords of the New Church   Lords of the New Church Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 2:11 pm

Neuropete wrote:
I had almost completely forgotten about them...but, yes, I liked them. Now that I think of it, I don't have any albums from them, but I have a couple of songs in compilations here and there. I used to love "There's a Method to My Madness." Actually, I still hum that song a bit each time someone questions what I am doing. I'll usually sing back the chorus as a response automatically, but I had forgotten where the song came from.

Lords of the New Church Lol

I do the same thing but in my head.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Lords of the New Church   Lords of the New Church Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 2:45 pm

rattpoison wrote:
The Lords are one of my absolute faves, despite the black leather image they had very little to do with the nascent "Batcave Goth" scene. Their reckless and sleazy genre splicing rock n' roll had more to do with contemporaries Hanoi Rocks who they shared a kinship with.

Between the Dead Boys and the Lords, Stiv released two great records..........Disconnected which is a fine collection of garage power pop and the band that led to the formation of the Lords, the Wanderers. Which was basically him backed by Sham 69, a great record which i've always compared with Hanoi Rocks's debut.

Oh yeah and drummer Nick Turner was in a great band before the Lords, the Barracudas. Their debut "Drop Out" is one my fave debut's of all time.

Wow, you must be the biggest fan here. I had no idea about some of those bands you mentioned. I need to check them out for sure!

I also should look more into Hanoi Rocks. I love Michael Monroe's solo stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lords of the New Church   Lords of the New Church Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lords of the New Church
Page 1 of 1