Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metallica - Lords of Summer

Go down 
+26
Metal Misfit
MetallicSeminarian
DakotaRogers
Alex Dee Rokket
thejokeriv
corplhicks
James B.
Shawn Of Fire
The_Jayroh
Thrasher73
Witchfinder
A Handful of Wayne
ultmetal
krokus
mc666
Lurideath
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Addy
Eyesore
Sword Of The Heretic
Gilbert
MoonChild
ZombieHavoc
Dark Horseman
Boris2008
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Metallica - Lords of Summer Empty
PostSubject: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 11:44 am

Hmm, raw live version of a new song, but it actually gives me hope that the next record might be good.

I think I likey!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 11:52 am

Hey, they got new trash can lids.  lol! 
I like it too.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 11:59 am

I think it sounds awesome. But I also enjoyed Death Magnetic (thought it was the first thing since the Black Album that I did like--I'm not a Metallica forgiver in general).
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 12:09 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Hey, they got new trash can lids.  lol! 

lol! lol! 

Sounds better, but I shall wait till the album is released, and take time to see if it really "safe" to purchase and like it Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 12:30 pm

They previewed a new song in concert, now it will be another 2 years before the album is finished.   Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 12:59 pm

I can hear some nice speed metal elements in there.

Fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 605

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 1:13 pm

Nice hair, Lars.  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 1:43 pm

I like it. I too think Death Magnetic was a step in the right direction. Let's hope they keep on going that way.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 1:45 pm

Sword Of The Heretic wrote:
Nice hair, Lars.  Laughing

I particularly enjoyed the fact that he could still be bothered to attempt some kind of comb over, despite the fact that it was somewhere on the back of his head!!  Laughing very hard 

Still I always have enjoyed a good skullet and they aren't many around now that Dio has passed and Devin & Cronos got the chop. Looking at my avatar, we know why you always wear a hat now Tom, we know!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 2:09 pm

Eh. It's good, but I'm not very impressed. It sounds like more of the same from Death Magnetic. These guys aren't writing songs anymore, they are writing parts and then cobbling them together to make up a disjointed thing that's acting like a song. Where are the seamless transitions? Do we really need another album full of drum breaks because these guys can't figure out how to properly transition from part to part?

That said, I did enjoy Death Magnetic, so I'll definitely check out the new stuff. But I still say they are just trying too hard these days, trying to please fans who want them to go back and re-create the stuff they did in the 80s. I'd rather them do more stuff like Load and Reload, which in my opinion are the last albums they did that were natural and truly inspired.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 3:03 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Eh. It's good, but I'm not very impressed. It sounds like more of the same from Death Magnetic. These guys aren't writing songs anymore, they are writing parts and then cobbling them together to make up a disjointed thing that's acting like a song. Where are the seamless transitions? Do we really need another album full of drum breaks because these guys can't figure out how to properly transition from part to part?

That said, I did enjoy Death Magnetic, so I'll definitely check out the new stuff. But I still say they are just trying too hard these days, trying to please fans who want them to go back and re-create the stuff they did in the 80s. I'd rather them do more stuff like Load and Reload, which in my opinion are the last albums they did that were natural and truly inspired.

I pretty much agree with all of this. That said, that song has the potential to be better than anything on DM (It will be much changed before it ever sees the light of day (remember Death is Not the End!) and I like the style of it and if that's the direction they are headed then it might be good. They will never release anything great again, it's just not in them IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 5:39 pm

Not much of a Metallica fan and I like what i hear
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 5:55 pm

What Zombie said....
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 6:40 pm

Its boring. I don't get why people keep on liking this lame ass band, but whatever. haha
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 10:30 pm

For me, personally, Shannon? I am living in the past. I still think the first three are classic masterpieces.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 12:39 am

Already sounds better than anything Megadeaf have given us in the last few albums.

Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 5:57 am

Lurideath wrote:
Its boring. I don't get why people keep on liking this lame ass band, but whatever. haha

Believe me Im not a fan of Metallica I dont think I have ever liked an entire Metallica album from start to finish. The closest for me would be Load. I like what i hear on this new song but something tells me this song will probably lose alot of appeal at least for me once the studio version is out.

Quote :
Already sounds better than anything Megadeaf have given us in the last few albums.

As for Megadeth..... I havent heard Super Collider yet but I have to disagree on the last few releases theyve released. IMO all in all Mustaine Pit Farting would sound better than most of the Metallica stuff Ive heard
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 6:01 am

I liked it, maybe a little to long, but it was okay.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 4:37 pm

I agree man, I too agree the 1st 3 are masterpieces. Just seems that people will not give up on them no matter how bad they suck and can still sell millions of units! So they keep going and not living up to their full potential. In return people cling on hoping for another beast from the past and not getting it. I'm not slagging people for liking it, but it really amuses me! HAHA

As for the last few Megadeth releases, the latest 2 are pure garbage! I liked Endgame though. They too have completely lost it! I view them in the exact same scenario as Metallica.

One man's garbage is another's treasure though too I guess. HAHAHA

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 4:43 pm

I've tended to like the recent Megadeth albums quite a bit. Though I like Death Magnetic, I find myself returning to Megadeth more-often than Metallica. Just my taste I suppose. This song sounds promising.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 5:02 pm

Lurideath wrote:
I agree man, I too agree the 1st 3 are masterpieces. Just seems that people will not give up on them no matter how bad they suck

That pretty much sums me up, they are like that really awful football team that you can't ever give up on because they were great once.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 5:45 pm

i listened to this last night and I couldn't listen to the whole thing because it just sounded like a bunch of random parts thrown together, which is what they do before the song is finally finished anyway. I basically feel the same as Ken does. I liked Death Magnetic a lot and I'll probably like the next album too as long as they fix this mess of a song. Sometimes it surprises me when I think people are not going to like something, which is what I thought I would see when I clicked on this post. I was actually shocked when I saw positive reviews haha.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 5:53 pm

These goofs are still recording new music?  Who knew?
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 2:04 am

I'll wait til I hear the final product before passing judgement.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 12:48 pm

I actually think this sounds less like random parts thrown together that either Death Magnetic or Beyond Magnetic. It is still a problem though, I like the direction of this song but tend to think that they are still having problems writing cohesive and memorable songs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Lords of Summer   Metallica - Lords of Summer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metallica - Lords of Summer
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: