Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

$layer controversy with Lombardo ... Your take?

Go down 
+22
jstate
sovdat
Gilbert
Witchfinder
Shawn Of Fire
thejokeriv
Eyesore
corplhicks
Fat Freddy
MoonChild
metalinmyveins
James B.
ZombieHavoc
Thrasher73
Troublezone
mc666
mlotek
Lurideath
Boris2008
ElectricEye93
BearOnUnicycle
Temple of Blood
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

$layer controversy with Lombardo ...  Your take? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: $layer controversy with Lombardo ... Your take?   $layer controversy with Lombardo ...  Your take? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 3:27 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Mick Mars & CC Deville!  sick 

Both very good guitar players.  

Maybe they are, but nothing they have ever done on a guitar has ever interested me in the slightest, so it's all about how you measure talent. I think that Slayers bizarre solos made them unique and I'd listen to hours of Jeff & Kerry's solos than anything by these guys.
Back to top Go down
Rami Airola
Metal student
Metal student
Rami Airola

Number of posts : 175

PostSubject: Re: $layer controversy with Lombardo ... Your take?   $layer controversy with Lombardo ...  Your take? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 4:02 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

I mean, off the top of my head, the solo he did from "Seasons in the Abyss" is laughably bad.

Huh? That's a cool solo. I personally love solos that have tons of wailing and screeching and stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: $layer controversy with Lombardo ... Your take?   $layer controversy with Lombardo ...  Your take? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 4:07 pm

TOB probably HATES October 31 solos...haha!

Metal student
Metal student
Rami Airola

Number of posts : 175

PostSubject: Re: $layer controversy with Lombardo ... Your take?   $layer controversy with Lombardo ...  Your take? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 4:15 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Not at all.  All the popular metal bands had better solos than Jeff:  METALLICA, IRON MAIDEN, JUDAS PRIEST, MEGADETH, ANTHRAX, BLACK SABBATH, QUEENSYCHE, etc. etc. etc.  

All of those bands had great guitarists, but you said "in metal history"

Are you absolutely sure about that?  lol! 

Wow... That's something!  Laughing 

I think that it doesn't beat Sodom though Very Happy

1:19 -> some quality soloing there  Very Happy headbanger Very Happy headbanger Very Happy headbanger \'arry \'eadbanger \'arry \'eadbanger \'arry \'eadbanger

BLÄH!!!!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: $layer controversy with Lombardo ... Your take?   $layer controversy with Lombardo ...  Your take? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 4:47 pm

Rami Airola wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Not at all.  All the popular metal bands had better solos than Jeff:  METALLICA, IRON MAIDEN, JUDAS PRIEST, MEGADETH, ANTHRAX, BLACK SABBATH, QUEENSYCHE, etc. etc. etc.  

1:19 -> some quality soloing there
 Very Happy headbanger Very Happy headbanger Very Happy headbanger \'arry \'eadbanger \'arry \'eadbanger \'arry \'eadbanger
BLÄH!!!!

Sad thing is, I own BOTH of these records!  $layer controversy with Lombardo ...  Your take? - Page 4 82702 
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: $layer controversy with Lombardo ... Your take?   $layer controversy with Lombardo ...  Your take? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 5:00 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Mick Mars & CC Deville!  sick 

Both very good guitar players.  

Maybe they are, but nothing they have ever done on a guitar has ever interested me in the slightest, so it's all about how you measure talent. I think that Slayers bizarre solos made them unique and I'd listen to hours of Jeff & Kerry's solos than anything by these guys.

Well look at the bands they are in. Neither of them are quite the guitar heavy bands that say a Slayer was. I will say this, Nothin' But A Good Time has a solo in it that I personally find extremely awesome. It's all about preference and being a guitar player for around 20 years, I would rather hear CC solo and Jeff play rhythm.

Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: $layer controversy with Lombardo ... Your take?   $layer controversy with Lombardo ...  Your take? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 5:02 pm

A drummer left a band
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: $layer controversy with Lombardo ... Your take?   $layer controversy with Lombardo ...  Your take? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 8:36 pm

Mick Mars and Kerry King are similar in that they both play original ,amateur guitar riffs and solos very horribly compared to "professionals",, but we fans love it all because in their particular band's genres/styles, they actually fit and work very nicely.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: $layer controversy with Lombardo ... Your take?   $layer controversy with Lombardo ...  Your take? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 8:41 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Rami Airola wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

1:19 -> some quality soloing there
 Very Happy headbanger Very Happy headbanger Very Happy headbanger \'arry \'eadbanger \'arry \'eadbanger \'arry \'eadbanger
BLÄH!!!!

Sad thing is, I own BOTH of these records!  $layer controversy with Lombardo ...  Your take? - Page 4 82702 

Anytime I hear/see the early Warfare and Sodom records. makes me wish to search out for original pressings to buy!
but then I realize I am broke from buying newer albums from the last 10-15 years when I go on a spree every 6 months!  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: $layer controversy with Lombardo ... Your take?   $layer controversy with Lombardo ...  Your take? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

$layer controversy with Lombardo ... Your take?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4