Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

(What the hell happened to) Watchtower

Go down 
+15
the sentinel
tohostudios
chewie
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
muckie
sovdat
Fat Freddy
nevermore
stormspell
Temple of Blood
Shawn Of Fire
Orion Crystal Ice
DakotaRogers
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

(What the hell happened to) Watchtower  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 5:40 pm

I meant the full album (in physical form, CD or LP). I'm not fond of buying mp3s and can wait a couple of months more for the whole deal.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2015 11:05 pm

With the speed they wrote those 4 songs, I'm afraid you will have to wait at least another decade for a full album... Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 12:40 am

stormspell wrote:
With the speed they wrote those 4 songs, I'm afraid you will have to wait at least another decade for a full album... Wink

Thankfully, everything's already finished. They just needed Tecchio to come in and lay down vox.

But even it wasn't, I never expected this to happen in a million years, especially with Ron's attitude towards the project.
Back to top Go down
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 3:23 am

LOL there's actually such a thing as Jehovah's Witness metal? I assume this is the official worship music band for the main congregation? I always knew the JWs taught that most people will be permanently annihilated at the end of time. That kind of destructive image is totally metal!
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 6:56 am

(What the hell happened to) Watchtower  - Page 2 Latest?cb=20130812125511
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 1:18 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:

Thankfully, everything's already finished. They just needed Tecchio to come in and lay down vox.

But that's been the situation for several years.  Before Tecchio, it was McMaster.  So let's not assume completion is right around the corner.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 2:45 pm

Prosthetic Records will release legendary progressive metallers WATCHTOWER's recent digital-only tracks on LP and CD. The four tracks will be combined with one brand new song, creating the EP "Concepts of Math: Book One" and will be released on limited edition vinyl and digipack CD later this year.

"Concepts of Math: Book One" features 2010's digital single, "The Size of Matter", along with three additional tracks the band surprised fans by releasing across digital platforms late last year. An epic new track, "Mathematica Calculis", rounds out the EP.

"Concepts of Math: Book One" track listing:

01. M-Theory Overture
02. Arguments Against Design
03. Technology Inaction
04. The Size Of Matter
05. Mathematica Calculis

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 2:49 pm

Interesting. This is a band I'd like to check into more.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 2:53 pm

Quote :
"Concepts of Math: Book One"

I swear I had a textbook with that exact same title in college. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 pm

I absolutely hate EP's, but this will have to do.

Since they have a legitimate phobia of writing music, they should work on re-releasing Energetic Disassembly after this.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 4:42 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Was it more exciting than a Watchtower album?
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 5:26 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

?

Excuse me? How rehashed is the music on all those retro "metal" bands who I hear you gush over? How is listening to z-grade Diamond Head wannabes exciting?

Sorry that Watchtower play more than 4 simple chords per song and lose important listeners like you in the process. You should give them some of your sage advice on how to make their music more gooder.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 5:31 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

?

Excuse me?  How rehashed is the music on all those retro "metal" bands who I hear you gush over?  How is listening to z-grade Diamond Head wannabes exciting?  

Sorry that Watchtower play more than 4 simple chords per song and lose important listeners like you in the process.   You should give them some of your sage advice on how to make their music more gooder.

(What the hell happened to) Watchtower  - Page 2 Lighten%20up%20francis_0
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 5:35 pm

So glad you write reviews so I can get a glimpse into the brain of a music expert. You have so much insight to share. Thanks for devoting your time to this charity.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 5:36 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
So glad you write reviews so I can get a glimpse into the brain of a music expert.  You have so much insight to share.  Thanks for devoting your time to this charity.

'

Lol. You're the best. Never change.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 5:49 pm

I won't buddy. Keep being a great you.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 5:52 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I won't buddy.  Keep being a great you.

Thanks man, you too. Good luck with all your future endeavors.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 6:52 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Prosthetic Records will release legendary progressive metallers WATCHTOWER's recent digital-only tracks on LP and CD. The four tracks will be combined with one brand new song, creating the EP "Concepts of Math: Book One" and will be released on limited edition vinyl and digipack CD later this year.

"Concepts of Math: Book One" features 2010's digital single, "The Size of Matter", along with three additional tracks the band surprised fans by releasing across digital platforms late last year. An epic new track, "Mathematica Calculis", rounds out the EP.

"Concepts of Math: Book One" track listing:

01. M-Theory Overture
02. Arguments Against Design
03. Technology Inaction
04. The Size Of Matter
05. Mathematica Calculis

Now THIS is what I was talking about in a different thread! Cool! They are going to drop an Ep.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 7:35 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

?

Excuse me?  How rehashed is the music on all those retro "metal" bands who I hear you gush over?  How is listening to z-grade Diamond Head wannabes exciting?  

Sorry that Watchtower play more than 4 simple chords per song and lose important listeners like you in the process.   You should give them some of your sage advice on how to make their music more gooder.

One of the reasons I continue to hang out here is the willingness of board members to accept differing musical opinions.  Glad to see THAT'S not going away.  Rolling Eyes

Seriously, I open threads about bands with which I'm unfamiliar to see if I might be interested in broadening my musical horizons.  But when I run into a "fan" with this kind of attitude I instantly discard the band from my memory.  Sure I might be missing out but if this is an example of what a band's fans are like I'm not missing out on much.

It's like the BMW car brand. They make some good looking cars that I might actually be interested in buying but I refuse to ever buy a BMW because every BMW owner I've ever known has been an A**HOLE.

Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 8:05 pm

tohostudios wrote:
But when I run into a "fan" with this kind of attitude I instantly discard the band from my memory.

Why should any of us care though? 1+/- fan isn't going to make or break a band that is already considered obscure to begin with (despite influencing the likes of Dream Theater and other popular prog groups).

If I don't like a band that's posted here, I'm not going to drop by just to insult them and leave - "HuR HuR Watchtower is boring!" Painkiller-posting doesn't add anything to the conversation but pages and pages of flaming. (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  - Page 2 12087
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 8:13 pm

It's the principle.  I love exploring bands I haven't heard.  

Back to the BMW analogy.  I was interested in their cars but their owners so turned me off that I refused to buy one no matter how much I liked it.  Instead I went with an Infiniti which has comparable quality and style but doesn't come with the pretentious, snarky bullsh*t I grew to associate with BMW.  

I think Witchfinder was just making an amusing comment and instead of laughing it off "Temple of BMW" got his undies in a wad. So Watchtower goes to the Toho BMW purgatory for the same reason.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 8:29 pm

Toho, you have a great analogy there and one I certainly agree with, but, I think for ToB it's a bit more personal as he wrote on page 1 that he was trying to join this group at one time and sent them a demo too. Just my 2 pennies.

Back on topic. In all seriousness, how many Metal songs can you write about Math?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 8:43 pm

I was in no way trying to insult TOB. In fact, it was a private joke between Fat Freddy and I that had nothing to do with him. I guess TOB took it personally and lashed out at me and attacked me personally.

I don't think I have a reputation on this board of trolling comments and commenting about bands that I don't like. I find that to be a waste of time. In fact, I would imagine my reputation is more of someone who shills endlessly for many, many bands. Oddly enough, I want more people to like what I like. So sue me.

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 8:54 pm

As Far as I can tell, you have a great rep on this board and are without a doubt, one of my fave people on the board. I like ToB a lot too, but I just can't seem to figure him out after all these years.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 9:06 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
I was in no way trying to insult TOB.  In fact, it was a private joke between Fat Freddy and I that had nothing to do with him.  I guess TOB took it personally and lashed out at me and attacked me personally.

I don't think I have a reputation on this board of trolling comments and commenting about bands that I don't like.  I find that to be a waste of time. In fact, I would imagine my reputation is more of someone who shills endlessly for many, many bands.  Oddly enough, I want more people to like what I like.  So sue me.  

Your rep here is fine IMO.  And that's what pissed me off about ToB(mw)'s response.  He adopts that "I know more than you so my opinion is worth more than your's" pose a lot and this time I just decided to not let it go.

For my money, the fastest way to turn anyone off to a band of which you are a fan is to come out and immediately ridicule someone who is making a joke about said band instead of laughing it off.

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(What the hell happened to) Watchtower
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next