Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

(What the hell happened to) Watchtower

Go down 
+15
the sentinel
tohostudios
chewie
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
muckie
sovdat
Fat Freddy
nevermore
stormspell
Temple of Blood
Shawn Of Fire
Orion Crystal Ice
DakotaRogers
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

(What the hell happened to) Watchtower  Empty
PostSubject: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 3:31 pm

Last I heard from these guys were that they were looking for a new vocalist after Tecchio left the band again, but that was 4 years ago. Watchtower are still listed as active, despite no tours or signs of life on any of the social media platforms.

But what's even more pissy is that they left us with this cock-tease of a song (below) before they faded into obscurity.

So what do you all think? Anyone know anything about the fate of this band/do you think it's safe to assume they're finished?
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 3:52 pm

New WatchTower is the Duke Nukem Forever of metal.  Evil or Very Mad  
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 4:14 pm

New Watchtower is in indefinite limbo. Divebomb reissued Control & Resistance and spoke with the guitarist about it. He's kinda pissed about it and doesn't like to talk about it, but he recorded his guitars for it years ago...at this point it's a waiting game on everyone else, and they have no singer. He doesn't think it'll ever happen.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 6:20 pm

I am sending them a demo after the new ToB album is released to try for the gig.

The new song is great!
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 7:03 pm

I'm certain you can do better than that Tecchio track.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 7:04 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I am sending them a demo after the new ToB album is released to try for the gig.

Damn, seriously?

Would be one hell of an honor to sing for THE Watchtower!  humble
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 9:57 pm

Yeah. I have actually talked to Ron a little about it.

I have instrumental versions of "Meltdown" and "The Eldritch" that I have been practicing with. Just have to get some stuff off my plate first. I'm pretty much done with my work with CAULDRON BORN and when I get this ToB album in the can I will send them in.

It's a bit of a long shot but it's worth trying and yes it would be a huge honor!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 10:07 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I'm certain you can do better than that Tecchio track.

Thanks man. I think I could do a fine job on that track.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 1:33 am

Temple of Blood wrote:

I seriously could not tell if you were serious, or making a subtle joke of new ToB being long past due itself  Razz

In either case, do BOTH things, pronto please Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 9:47 am

stormspell wrote:
I seriously could not tell if you were serious, or making a subtle joke of new ToB being long past due itself  Razz

In either case, do BOTH things, pronto please Smile

Haha, no I'm serious. I've actually been thinking about this for quite a while.

Yeah, it's been several years since we released an album for ToB but now that I am done with my recording for CAULDRON BORN and my cover band broke up I am ready to focus exclusively on getting that done.

Thanks for the encouragement!

If I don't get the gig I will share the WATCHTOWER cover songs I recorded somewhere where you guys can see what you think.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 9:19 pm

Matt at Divebomb sent them a track of me for an audition as well...they never even responded. LOL!

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 10:17 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Matt at Divebomb sent them a track of me for an audition as well...they never even responded. LOL!

Wow.  I am shocked.  Your vocals are great.  I don't know what is going on.  Which song/project was it?  Was it emailed to Ron directly?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 11:04 pm

Yeah, directly to him. He's pretty closed off about new Watchtower...sort of angry about how everything has transpired.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 5:52 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

That sucks that he wouldn't even respond. Even if there are no future plans concerning Watchtower he should have been courteous to you.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 6:59 am

Nah, I don't sweat it. Musicians aren't the best communicators. LOL Like I said, Matt said he seemed down and burnt out on the whole thing...so it wasn't about me.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 7:51 am

I've talked to him several times through email. Don't know what is going on for you but if you're really interested I would shoot him a line.

I suspect he was working with the singer for Pain of Salvation for WATCHTOWER at some point but it wasn't moving forward. Before that I think they were trying Stu Block.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 8:28 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
I've talked to him several times through email.  Don't know what is going on for you but if you're really interested I would shoot him a line.

I suspect he was working with the singer for Pain of Salvation for WATCHTOWER at some point but it wasn't moving forward.  Before that I think they were trying Stu Block.

I was interested at one point. I don't know how much I am anymore. This was sometime last year, right as Divebomb's reissue of theirs was coming out. I may hit Matt up again and see what the deal is.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 9:06 am

I would listen to Gildenlow with WatchTower.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 9:09 am

Y'know, I've never heard any WatchTower beyond the album they did with Tecchio, and his vox irritated the crap outta me on that one. I think Tecchio's weird warbly style works in Hades, but anything else I've heard with him on it (WT, Seven Witches, etc.) tends to grate on my nerves.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 9:39 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I would listen to Gildenlow with WatchTower.

He's a great singer, but I wouldn't.

Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2015 7:55 pm

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/legendary-progressive-metal-band-watchtower-digitally-releases-three-new-songs/

FINALLY  \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2015 7:58 pm

The new songs sound great to me but not keen on the explicit anti-religion lyrics in that one tune.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 1:16 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
The new songs sound great to me but not keen on the explicit anti-religion lyrics in that one tune.

Thankfully I'm awful at deciphering lyrics when so much technical noodling is going on in the background. "Arguments Against Design" was my favorite, that middle part reminded me of something Dream Theater would write.
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 3:30 pm

The new songs sound great to me & keen on the explicit anti-religion lyrics in that one tune.

Wink

I will buy it as soon as it gets released!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 5:28 pm

It's released now. I've already bought them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    (What the hell happened to) Watchtower  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(What the hell happened to) Watchtower
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next