Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AC/DC New Album News

Go down 
+21
deathisgain
Metal Misfit
80s Metal Lady
exact33
MetalRob331
Fat Freddy
ElectricEye93
MetalGuy71
mr.electric39
manny
Eyesore
Gilbert
Addy
thejokeriv
MoonChild
Dark Horseman
Getizzyback
Required Fields
Lari
Witchfinder
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

AC/DC New Album News - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AC/DC New Album News   AC/DC New Album News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 7:26 am

Ive been following it too, I hope he gets well soon

Im not a die hard ACDC fan but I do like them got a few of their albums
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC New Album News   AC/DC New Album News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 11:23 am

exact33 wrote:
Hope he gets better!

Guess it depends on the severity of the stroke. When my grandfather had one, he lost the ability to talk for the last 4 years of his life. Granted, he was much older than Malcolm, but even after a year of therapy, he would only occasionally speak a few words here and there. He was never the same after that.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC New Album News   AC/DC New Album News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 1:42 pm

My Dad had a mild stroke when he was in his late 40s. It was kinda scary. He did suffer some weakness on the left side of his body but thankfully he recovered enough to resume his normal activities. His doctor told him - exact quote - that he'd "dodged a bullet."

Best wishes to Malcolm, and cool to hear that AC/DC will keep on keepin' on.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC New Album News   AC/DC New Album News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 1:52 pm

I hope it's less serious, I really do. Malcolm has always been my favorite of the group.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC New Album News   AC/DC New Album News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 6:00 pm

Eyesore wrote:
So I just read on Blabbermouth that the first band Angus and Malcolm ever worked with would have their lone album reissued later this year. Band was called the Marcus Hook Roll Band. Guess it had their older brother, George, in the band. Anyway, I was curious to hear what it all sounded like. Pleasantly surprised. Sounds like a pretty great album.

But this surprised me:

Surprisingly, they had this at Best Buy. I debated picking up a copy ($13.99), but I already had a few items and I might be able to find a better price on-line. Neat cover though.

AC/DC New Album News - Page 3 A1NU%2BEYYOYL._SL1500_

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC New Album News   AC/DC New Album News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 4:00 pm

AC/DC New Album News - Page 3 A1NU%2BEYYOYL._SL1500_

Anyone expecting this to sound like AC/DC is going to be very disappointed. This is very much a product of George Young, Harry Vanda and the late 60's. Angus and Malcolm just happen to appear on it because of their family connection. Lots of piano, female backing vocals and saxophone along with guitar.

That's not to say I'm not enjoying it. Quite the opposite. It's an interesting album. A little all over the place style-wise. I think George and Harry were looking for a sound and tried a little of everything to see what stuck. Some of it actually reminds me of early Alice Cooper. The music, not lyrics or vocals. Some other early 70's rock too. A little funk in there too. It's pretty cool and a neat snap-shot of an era where bands were free to experiment.

Just don't think it's a long lost AC/DC recording. Pretty far from it actually.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC New Album News   AC/DC New Album News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 10:39 pm

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC New Album News   AC/DC New Album News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 12:07 pm

Legendary Anglo-Australian hard rockers AC/DC have completed work on their new studio album, due later in the year. The group's lead singer Brian Johnson revealed to TeamRock Radio earlier today that he and his bandmates have toyed with the idea of calling the CD "Man Down" in reference to guitarist Malcolm Young's health problems which have forced him to take a break from AC/DC.

AC/DC's new effort was laid down over a series of recording sessions with producer Brendan O'Brien in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. "It was brilliant over there," Johnson said.

"We're done. I'm very excited and we've got some great songs.

"I wanted to call the album 'Man Down'. But it's a bit negative and it was probably just straight from the heart. I like that."

AC/DC in April confirmed widespread reports that Malcolm Young was stepping down due to an undisclosed illness, with some outlets reporting that he suffered a stroke. The group has since enlisted Stevie Young, the nephew of guitarists Angus and Malcolm Young, to take Malcolm's place in the band for the recording sessions for their 16th studio album. Stevie Young played with AC/DC once before during a 1988 tour, while Malcolm stepped out to deal with his dependency on alcohol.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC New Album News   AC/DC New Album News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 5:19 pm

Damn those lads work fast!
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC New Album News   AC/DC New Album News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 6:41 pm

I think Man Down is a cool title. No worse than Fly On The Wall!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC New Album News   AC/DC New Album News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 10:23 am

mikeinfla wrote:
I think Man Down is a cool title. No worse than Fly On The Wall!

Sure, as long as the album is better than Fly On The Wall!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC New Album News   AC/DC New Album News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 12:12 pm

Quote :
Stevie Young played with AC/DC once before during a 1988 tour, while Malcolm stepped out to deal with his dependency on alcohol.

I saw AC/DC for the first time on that tour (Blow Up Your Video) and I had no idea that Malcolm wasn't with them till days after the show, when someone at school asked me "So how did Stevie Young do?" and I was like "Who?" Laughing very hard I guess that means he did a good job... and the family resemblance must've been enough that I never noticed it wasn't Malcolm.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC New Album News   AC/DC New Album News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 8:38 pm

i am anxious to hear the new material.

MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC New Album News   AC/DC New Album News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 4:02 am

exact33 wrote:
i am anxious to hear the new material.

Me too, anything AC/DC is elixir to my ears!  headbanger 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC New Album News   AC/DC New Album News - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AC/DC New Album News
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3