Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AC/DC New Album News

Go down 
+21
deathisgain
Metal Misfit
80s Metal Lady
exact33
MetalRob331
Fat Freddy
ElectricEye93
MetalGuy71
mr.electric39
manny
Eyesore
Gilbert
Addy
thejokeriv
MoonChild
Dark Horseman
Getizzyback
Required Fields
Lari
Witchfinder
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

AC/DC New Album News - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AC/DC New Album News   AC/DC New Album News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 7:22 am

thejokeriv wrote:
I hope they are just rumors.... one last AC/DC album/tour would be nice.

Prayers, and Blessings of Rocking order sent! May this be just a rumour.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC New Album News   AC/DC New Album News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 7:32 am

It would be a severe bummer if AC/DC is hanging it up. The first rock album I ever owned was Let There Be Rock. AC/DC started it all for me!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC New Album News   AC/DC New Album News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 8:01 am

Eyesore wrote:
Word is, Malcolm has a blood clot in his brain and he has forgotten how to play guitar.

Isn't that what we would normally call a stroke? That's a pretty severe condition to only be a "rumor". Let's hope it's not true.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC New Album News   AC/DC New Album News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 10:31 am

I'm glad I got to see them live. It would be a shame if they do break up.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC New Album News   AC/DC New Album News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 10:42 am

Eyesore wrote:
The rumor mill has been on fire tonight. Word is, Malcolm has a blood clot in his brain and he has forgotten how to play guitar. If true, the band is officially over. =(

Hope he gets well soon. My mother just recently had one in her brain after two brain surgeries to remove a softball size tumor Sad It caused her to have a stroke. Luckily the tumor was on the right side of her brain or she would of lost all memory. It gets a lot worse and I won't go into details.

If the rumor is true, I wish him and all his family the best. times like these definitely suck.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC New Album News   AC/DC New Album News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 11:14 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
It would be a severe bummer if AC/DC is hanging it up. The first rock album I ever owned was Let There Be Rock. AC/DC started it all for me!!

AC/DC was the band that started it for me also, Brian Johnson did elude to an illness in the band a couple of years ago, I am do not believe they will hang it up, unless it really is Malcolm who is the one who is sick.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC New Album News   AC/DC New Album News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 12:38 pm

Still no official word from the AC/DC camp but it's not looking good.

http://theorstrahyun.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/rip-acdc-1973-2014.html?m=1

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC New Album News   AC/DC New Album News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 12:58 pm

Read several of these reports..... Really bummed.... No Malcolm.... No AC/DC .....

Also read comments from many of the music trolls who don't care for the band, no class..... none at all...

Whether the band continues or not I just hope Malcolm (assuming that is who is ill) recovers and is able to live his life...

Sad 
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC New Album News   AC/DC New Album News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 1:00 pm

Without AC/DC, there is no music - for me. But I do understand, if that is the decision, let it be, all we can do is to pray for his recovery and proper healing.

They have done the best, no regrets as a fan.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC New Album News   AC/DC New Album News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 1:03 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

DUDE THAT WAS THE FIRST AC/DC I EVER OWNED AS WELL!!!!

cheers 
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC New Album News   AC/DC New Album News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 1:07 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

DUDE THAT WAS THE FIRST AC/DC I EVER OWNED AS WELL!!!!

cheers 

High five!
AC/DC New Album News - Page 2 Kittiehighfive

Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC New Album News   AC/DC New Album News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 1:14 pm

cool 
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC New Album News   AC/DC New Album News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 2:46 pm

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6053874/acdc-not-quitting-retirement-rumors

Rumors of AC/DC's imminent demise appear to be exaggerated.

Reports surfaced Monday in the group's native Australia that the quintet was on the verge of announcing its retirement due to one band member's (presumably guitarist Malcolm Young's) serious illness. But insiders tell Billboard that there's no truth to the rumor, though the group's management and Columbia Records, its current label, have chosen not to comment on the matter.

Australia's Noise11.com adds that the source of the retirement rumor was an email sent to Perth radio station 6PR from an anonymous tipster using the handle Thunderstruck. The station subsequently spread the word, setting off a flurry of reports first throughout Australia and then worldwide.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC New Album News   AC/DC New Album News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 2:52 pm

I hope it does cause enough commotion that the band addresses the situation and puts the rumors to rest, either confirming it or proving otherwise.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC New Album News   AC/DC New Album News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 4:33 pm

Seems odd they haven't addressed it, unless they started the rumor as a marketing ploy for their soon-to-be-announced 40th anniversary tour. =)
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC New Album News   AC/DC New Album News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 6:44 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Seems odd they haven't addressed it, unless they started the rumor as a marketing ploy for their soon-to-be-announced 40th anniversary tour. =)

i couldnt believe they would do that  Razz 

80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC New Album News   AC/DC New Album News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 8:14 pm

Just saw this on my Facebook feed. It confirms that Malcolm is not well and the band is calling it quits.  Crying or Very sad 

http://theorstrahyun.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/rip-acdc-1973-2014.html
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC New Album News   AC/DC New Album News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 9:46 pm

Hopefully the band issues something official soon. They were talking about this on the radio after work today. Sad.
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC New Album News   AC/DC New Album News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 10:04 pm

All the stories I have read say the same thing. Until the band says something, it's not official. It's the typical news machine recycling everyone elses story.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC New Album News   AC/DC New Album News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 9:35 am

Finally Brian Johnson broke his silence regarding the rumors:

AC/DC frontman Brian Johnson has confirmed that an unidentified member of the band is suffering from a “debilitating illness,” leaving the band’s future “up in the air at the moment.” However, he also indicates the band hasn’t decided to say goodbye just yet.

“I wouldn’t like to say anything either way about the future,” he tells the Telegraph. “I’m not ruling anything out. One of the boys has a debilitating illness, but I don’t want to say too much about it. He is very proud and private, a wonderful chap. We’ve been pals for 35 years and I look up to him very much.” The band have plans for a recording session in May, but what happens next is unknown.

The ailing member is reportedly rhythm guitarist Malcolm Young, older brother of AC/DC’s lead guitarist Angus Young. That’s put in jeopardy plans for a huge 40th anniversary tour, in which AC/DC was hoping to play 40 concerts in 40 different venues. “That would be a wonderful way to say bye bye,” Johnson adds. “We would love to do it. But it’s all up in the air at the moment.”

Malcolm Young’s health issues were first reported by friend Mark Gable, who said the 61-year-old is “unable to perform anymore” — perhaps because of a stroke. Rumors of their retirement immediately followed, despite the fact that AC/DC has already survived the death of a key member when former singer Bon Scott passed unexpectedly in 1980. Johnson has fronted AC/DC ever since.

“We are definitely getting together in May in Vancouver,” Johnson confirms. “We’re going to pick up some guitars, have a plonk, and see if anybody has got any tunes or ideas. If anything happens, we’ll record it.”

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC New Album News   AC/DC New Album News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 9:41 am

From AC/DC official FB page:

After forty years of life dedicated to AC/DC, guitarist and founding member Malcolm Young is taking a break from the band due to ill health. Malcolm would like to thank the group’s diehard legions of fans worldwide for their never-ending love and support.

In light of this news, AC/DC asks that Malcolm and his family’s privacy be respected during this time. The band will continue to make music.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC New Album News   AC/DC New Album News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 10:11 am

The "news" was part truth, part BS...... Malcolm is not well is the truth - AC/DC not retiring and hitting the studio (it appears without Malcolm)
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC New Album News   AC/DC New Album News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 10:24 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

After forty years of life dedicated to AC/DC, guitarist and founding member Malcolm Young is taking a break from the band due to ill health. Malcolm would like to thank the group’s diehard legions of fans worldwide for their never-ending love and support.

In light of this news, AC/DC asks that Malcolm and his family’s privacy be respected during this time. The band will continue to make music.

Sending blessings of the highest order! Long Live AC/DC!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC New Album News   AC/DC New Album News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 10:28 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I was getting ready post this
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC New Album News   AC/DC New Album News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 8:20 pm

Hope he gets better!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC New Album News   AC/DC New Album News - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AC/DC New Album News
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next